What exactly was he thinking?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Probably something along the lines of 'i'll go out running with my weighted vest like loads of other people do, hopefully I wont get mistaken for a terrorist, because if i did surely the mail would get hold of the story and sensationalize it'

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
People run around in these?
I seem to be living in ordinary town.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I make the police 100% spot on. Next time, put a t-shirt over the vest, sonny.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Why should he? Perhaps people should stop being so bloody reactionary.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
so what about someone who phones the police saying theres a man wielding a gun in the street....the police turn up....the guy's holding whatever....should the police be called out? of course. they have to come out.

you've got a middle east guy running about with a vest that if you didn't know what it was you could in these paranoid days easily assume - wrongly - it was a bomb vest. the police have to be called out. can't take chances.

Job

Well, let's see..
Yes he's brown and we have been warned that there is a high chance of a terrorist attack in this country, so some guy with arabic appearance decides to run the streets wearing a vest that almost exactly looks like a suicide vest.
Maybe he could have finished it off by wearing a headband and chanting the quran for effect.
If I stood outside a school in Norway dressed as a crusader, holding a toy gun, I would be suprised NOT to be surrounded by police.

Job

Probably something along the lines of 'i'll go out running with my weighted vest like loads of other people do, hopefully I wont get mistaken for a terrorist, because if i did surely the mail would get hold of the story and sensationalize it'
How have they sensationalized it?
They have just reported the event, with a picture of the man and his vest.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Job, Lamp, you are being twats. Let's stop living and treat everyone like they are guilty!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
we're not living in La La Land anymore mate. There's no rainbow at the end of the yellow brick road. There's a lot of hate and mistrust out there on the streets. And a lot of paranoia. Its not a case of treating people as "guilty". Its erring on the side of caution.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh bollocks there is, life goes on as before, only people who see danger everywhere think otherwise.

We went through all this shit before with the IRA, it's all bollocks, you can't stop living just incase.

It's his right to do what he wants if he is not breaking the law.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I guess, he was thinking, im gonna go for a run, and wear this vest, to get me more muscles..

Fweddy

FH is my second home
The opening sentence gets me.

An Oxford University was mistaken for a suicide bomber as he jogged around the city's streets

I'd be shocked too if I saw a university running down the street.

Job

Tis true, the real racism here is the fact that they infer a university student should have more sense.
If you remember the guy who built the atom bomb went to university.
Hmm, this is all coming together....

Job

Good thinking how many people in America have flown commercial jets into buildings?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Please go live in australia, you clearly need protecting from everything.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bullshit. How many people in this country have used explosive vests?

The police get a phone call from someone who says "theres a man walking down the street with what looks like a bomb vest". Do you honestly imagine the police going "well, no one has ever used a bomb vest in the UK before, and we don't want to appear to be over-reacting. Call us if it explodes, mkay?"

:rolleyes:

Lets say the police follow your tactic, Tom. What if it WAS a bomb vest and goes off?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
What the fuck is with the opening sentence?

"An Oxford University was mistaken for a suicide bomber as he..."

Just about sums up the article, what a bunch of fucking cretins.

Job

I'm all for it, I think he should go to Afghanistan and jog past an Army checkpoint.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
tohtori, bainetor... step aside, there is a new kid in town

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just what I was thinking. This Indian summer has brought all the crazies out. First Kahland, now Job.

Job

Ooh look our new Olympic relay team.

Jihadi+Suicide+Squad.jpg

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yeees...it's much better to run around with a bulky weight vest under a shell suit jacket.

it frightens me how much people must be frightened before they start acting this way :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If you live in fear all your life then the terrorists have won.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
tohtori, bainetor... step aside, there is a new kid in town

Already did :p

I think this article is insulting to terrorists really. If you were a terrorist, planning to blow up sh*t, would you really run around with the explosives in plain sight?

They're terrorists, not chavs.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The police get a phone call from someone who says "theres a man walking down the street with what looks like a bomb vest". Do you honestly imagine the police going "well, no one has ever used a bomb vest in the UK before, and we don't want to appear to be over-reacting. Call us if it explodes, mkay?"

:rolleyes:

Lets say the police follow your tactic, Tom. What if it WAS a bomb vest and goes off?

"Hello, is that the police? Yes, I've just seen a man running down the street carrying a nuclear bomb. It had those yellow and black stickers on and everything!"

"Ok madam, we'll send a couple of Tornadoes to deal with it!"

Bomb vest my fucking arse. I'd rather the police looked at things objectively, instead of being irrational idiots. I hope the man in the vest makes an official complaint.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And let's not pretend that the colour of his skin didn't come up in the call to the police.

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
Should sue the police.. But i guess its what you get when you run through a racist neighbourhood. And they can still not ask him to take off anything but outer clothing and gloves, which the vest was most likely not.

With this out, the probable cause for a bodysearch could be having your hands in your pockets because a community would think it's ok. The police can only search you if you are under arrest, or charged with likes of carrying weapons - Which after a charge drops he can trial the police for faulty charges.

Plus the police can never search you based on your racial background(nor in the UK), i bet the caller told the police an arab was running around with explosives.(Yes all calls are recorded for use in trial.) If the police made the search based on this. He should sue them for fat money from racial defamation in the public!. Atleast get the officers fired/suspended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom