what does your name mean ?

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
http://theweekly.co.uk/4801/your_name_here/index.cgi

Here is mine =)

Literal meaning
"Uncannily reminiscent of Michael Aspel."

History
Illegal before being given amnesty under appalling conditions, the name James was originally used trendily to refer to those who worked in the hills building things out of hills, before being transported to Australia for its part in the "Christ, we're starving to death! - how about a bit of food; just if you can spare it, obviously, we don't want to put you out" Rebellion.

Famous Jameses
1. I Am James Tinkermouse-Sprewt, MA, co-writer of INDIANA JONES AND HALF-MAN HALF-BISCUIT GO HULA;
2. James de Frewsy, early user of the monkey cartilage gear system; last holder of the office of Police-constable;
3. Doctor James V Oily-Staplegun, who lost a fortune on a slightly famous TV chef whom they saw looking at cardigans in Woolworth's one time; ghost-writer of Lionel Stander's posturingly lurid autobiography, I'M FEELING QUEASY, GEOFFREY; first holder of the office of Evil Marionette;
4. James Toot ("The Uncanny"), who owes everything to the definitive manual on drowning;
5. "Terrible" James de Mapduster, belittler of Tramp Drink; ghost-writer of Hugh Scully's revolutionary, hologram autobiography, THERE'S SOME PHOTOS IN THE MIDDLE;
6. James Orbiting, DSO and Bar, MA ("The Pale"), of the generation which fondly remembers the entertainment industry blacklist;
7. James Y Oaf ("The Nervous"), champion of the right to use physics; last holder of the office of Gross Miscarriager of Justice;
8. James D O'Tightbadger, first victim of the everlasting trouser;
9. James N Lonfial ("The Blue"), named in court as holding compromising material concerning the constellation of Pleiades;
10. James U Dots, channeller under supernatural influences of Mr Bronson from Grange Hill.

Typical James motto
"This looks like a job for Super-James!"

i like the Motto =)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Literal meaning
"Maker of tubular mouse cities."

History
Celebrated as the first word written with the first pencil invented in a fit of passion, the name Ralph was originally used penetratingly to refer to those who worked in the hills building things out of hills, before losing two vowels in the wash.

Famous Ralphs
1. Ralph Z Nightdodge, BA, MD, first victim of Britain's standards;
2. Ralph Quoits, of the generation which fondly remembers the quick-burning funeral boat; first holder of the bewilderingly ritualistic office of Hot Diggity;
3. Professor Ralph Proms-Orbiting, champion of the constellation of Pleiades; ghost-writer of Thora Hird's publicly burned autobiography, THREE PINTS TODAY, PLEASE;
4. Ralph du l'Itching, MA ("The Thing"), who lost a fortune on Evap-o-Floor;
5. I Am Ralph P W Mapduster, once saved by an ice sculpture of Hugh Scully;
6. "Terrible" Ralph de Dots, fascinated to death by the self-aware vacuum cleaner; ghost-writer of Jimmy Clitheroe's agonisingly graphic autobiography, IS THAT ME? NO, THIS IS ME;
7. Ralph Happenstance ("The Terrible"), director of the new Bond movie, DEAD, BURIED, ARMED AND DANGEROUS;
8. Ralph de Staplegun-Frewsy, for a time, in their own mind, romantically linked with quicklime dental cleanser;
9. Doctor Ralph Toot, MA, early user of the definitive manual on drowning;
10. Ralph de Cangoose-Dindymene, DSO and Bar, MD, populariser of the self-propelled gardener; ghost-writer of Hugh Scully's deeply upsetting autobiography, DOCTOR! THE FORCEPS!.

Typical Ralph motto
"No."

...my motto is better :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Literal meaning
"No, I'm just tired."

History
Illegal before being given amnesty on the eve of a Tuesday, the name Yiannis was originally used by nuns to refer to licensed manufacturers of swanee-whistles, the endlessly amusing noise-making device, before losing two vowels in the wash.

Famous Yiannises
1. Yiannis Millington, proponent of the world's most attractive bucket;
2. Lady The Miss Yiannis Nightdodge, of the generation which fondly remembers the constellation of Pleiades;
3. Yiannis Oaf, who owes everything to the indestructible tortoise;
4. Yiannis O Orbiting ("The Pale"), haunted by an image of quiffs; last holder of the office of Gross Miscarriager of Justice;
5. Yiannis Happenstance-Sprokes ("The Thing"), director of the new Bond movie, ROBOT STAMPING MAYHEM A-GO-GO; ghost-writer of Alastair Sim's cousin's autobiography, CHRIST, MY LIFE'S DEPRESSING;
6. Yiannis Sprewt, once saved by the everlasting trouser;
7. Inspector Yiannis Endeavour, co-writer of INDIANA JONES AND THE FIRST ON THE RIGHT; first holder of the office of Mr & Miss Transsexual World;
8. Professor Yiannis Grating-Tightbadger, for a time, in their own mind, romantically linked with more types of bacterial infection than any fifty-five people can name;
9. Yiannis Q Proms-Frewsy, early user of the self-aware vacuum cleaner; last holder of the office of Her Majesty's Punchbag;
10. Yiannis Z O'Smmith, who discovered the lost consonant of Atlatis.

Typical Yiannis motto
"You can't fix what isn't broken without smashing it up a bit first."

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Literal meaning
"Noose."

History
Spelled out by the movement of snakes across desert sands in a fit of passion, the name stephen was originally used mostly to refer to nuns and the violators of nuns, before interbreeding with the natives took place.

Famous stephens
1. Judge stephen Dots-Mapduster, BA, champion of the right to use Elvis impersonator impersonators;
2. stephen Frote, BSc, co-habitee of twenty-six people associated with between nine and fifteen scientific principles;
3. stephen Jesus, who could never shake an early association with the entertainment industry blacklist;
4. stephen Staplegun-Sprokes, first victim of the evaporating duck;
5. stephen U Boonk, who owes everything to the world's most attractive bucket; first holder of the office of London and Home Counties Chief Dawdler;
6. stephen Sponetote-Sprewt, BA, aroused by the definitive manual on drowning; last holder of the office of Emeritus Professor of Prophecy Professing, Oxford;
7. stephen Grating, fascinated to death by the deckchair-cum-hat;
8. stephen du Smmith, MA ("The Thing"), channeller under supernatural influences of Evap-o-Floor; ghost-writer of Margaret Rutherford's anarchist's handbook and autobiography, REMINISCING FROM MY DEATHBED;
9. stephen T Q Y de la Cangoose, MD, DSO and Bar, for a time, in their own mind, romantically linked with a creature from the id;
10. stephen Happenstance, opponent of a popular music band made entirely of soap.

Typical stephen motto
"Ducks come from duck's eggs, as do drakes, though I suppose technically both are ducklings at that point."

my motto beats al of yours

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Literal meaning

"Maker of small, irritating things out of hardening Blu-Tak."

History

Made from straw by a dancing child's grandmother in a fit of passion, the name Stephen was originally used trendily to refer to those who worked in the hills building things out of hills, before evil spread across the land like some big evil butter.

Famous Stephens

1. Stephen Sponetote, populariser of the entertainment industry blacklist; ghost-writer of Anne Boleyn's papally banned autobiography, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO I AM, HAVE YOU?;
2. Judge Stephen Nivea, DSO and Bar, aroused by the Formidable Coat; first holder of the discreetly discontinued office of Police-constable;
3. Stephen O'Oaf, DSO and Bar, BA, DSO and Bar ("The Reasonably Broadly Educated"), proponent of demanding money with menaces;
4. Inspector Stephen Lilly Li, first victim of the constellation of Pleiades;
5. I Am Stephen Tube-Cangoose, director of the new Bond movie, BOND CAN FLY!; ghost-writer of Margaret Rutherford's religious handbook and autobiography, MEGASTAR!;
6. Professor Stephen O'Nightdodge, DSO and Bar ("The Uncanny"), belittler of the lost consonant of Atlatis; ghost-writer of Jerry Desmonde's deeply upsetting autobiography, DOCTOR! THE FORCEPS!;
7. Stephen d'Orbiting, co-writer of INDIANA JONES AND THE LESS THAN CONVINCING CHANGE OF LOCATION;
8. Stephen Quoits ("The Terrible"), disgusted by an ice sculpture of Hugh Scully; ghost-writer of Hugh Scully's shatteringly political autobiography, TOOT-A-TWANG-TWANG;
9. Stephen ap Tidecatcher, opponent of stout boots; ghost-writer of Ming the Merciless's litany of crimes autobiography, SOMEBODY PUNCH MY FACE - I MUST BE DREAMING;
10. Stephen ap Tinkermouse-Grating, who owes everything to static electricity.

Typical Stephen motto

"I'm sure I had it this morning."

My Motto fucking rocks :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Seel
Literal meaning

"Noose."

History

Bred out of thirty generations of previous names around the time when the Vikings (wtf...) were really beginning to wonder if it was all worth it, the name Seel was originally used charmingly to refer to a breed of goose, before retiring to Budleigh Salterton.

Famous Seels

1. Seel Thews, champion of the evaporating duck;
2. Seel Grating, BA, BA, co-habitee of nine people associated with Explode-O, the wonder bang dismantler; ghost-writer of Hugh Scully's white-hot autobiography, SOMEBODY PUNCH MY FACE - I MUST BE DREAMING;
3. Seel Tube, indifferent to physics;
4. Seel Oaf ("The Reasonably Broadly Educated"), aroused by the hovering cinema;
5. Chief Scientist Seel Nootlooter, DSO and Bar, who could never shake an early association with a popular music band made entirely of soap; first holder of the inevitably blasphemous office of High Scowler;
6. Seel O'Quoits, populariser of bungee-jumping; first holder of the office of Royal Gadget-Smasher;
7. Seel D Q Boonk, who owes everything to some thing or other;
8. Seel Dots, reputedly trapped for twenty-eight days under a fallen monument to the world's seventh highest-rated episode of Mr Pastry;
9. Seel Lilly Li, who discovered the legendary Source of the Thames; ghost-writer of Mr Grimsdale's papally banned autobiography, HEY HEY HEY! IT'S MY BOOK!; first holder of the office of King's Bath Taster;
10. Seel Sprewt, haunted by an image of unspeakable guilt.

Typical Seel motto

"Does this look like a rash to you, or is it just where I've been scratching?"

My family is weird by the way.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Literal meaning
"Stubborn understain."

History
Brought into being by atmospheric disturbance under appalling conditions, the name Andy was originally used indulgently to refer to a breed of goose, before evil spread across the land like some big evil butter.

Famous Andys
1. Andy W Macaulay, BSc, early user of Tramp Drink;
2. Andy Sponetote, MSc, opponent of a creature from the id;
3. Chief Scientist Andy Jesus, who's never forgotten the monkey cartilage gear system; ghost-writer of Clive Dunn's astonishingly violent autobiography, I LOVE MY FROG!;
4. Andy Cangoose-Dindymene, who owes everything to a musical quiz show based on the Nanjing Massacre;
5. Andy Happenstance, channeller under supernatural influences of a nice cup of tea;
6. Andy Oily, BSc, who lost a fortune on stout boots;
7. "Terrible" Andy Tube, populariser of more types of bacterial infection than any twelve people can name;
8. Andy Boonk, once saved by Sock 'n' Roll;
9. Andy Marl, disgusted by the Brass Nose;
10. Andy du Chinly-Endeavour, for a time, in their own mind, romantically linked with demanding money with menaces; ghost-writer of Jimmy Clitheroe's shatteringly political autobiography, FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.

Typical Andy motto
"London's burning and I live by the river."

meh!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
haha im willing to bet people are reading 1 line of other people's.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Literal meaning

"Coverer of tracks."

History

Evolved through climate changes in a fit of passion, the name Riho was originally used charmingly to refer to Belgians over 5"11', before losing two vowels in the wash.

Famous Rihos

1. I Am Riho D Frewsy, PhD, early user of a creature from the id; ghost-writer of Vivian Leigh's revolutionary, hologram autobiography, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO I AM, HAVE YOU?;
2. Riho Nivea, indifferent to bungee-jumping;
3. Doctor Riho Dindymene, who discovered the early career of Roy Clarke;
4. Riho F de la Thews-Quoits, disgusted by the hovering cinema; first holder of the office of Police-constable;
5. Riho Happenstance-Toot, fascinated to death by Paul McCartney's Wings; first holder of the office of High Scowler;
6. Riho Dufallily, champion of the right to use Sock 'n' Roll;
7. Chief Scientist Riho Oaf, opponent of static electricity;
8. Riho de Boonk-Sprewt, named in court as holding compromising material concerning Elvis impersonator impersonators;
9. Riho B ap S'Ess, DSO and Bar, for a time, in their own mind, romantically linked with physics; first holder of the office of Official Kerb-Trip-Overer;
10. Riho Nootlooter, exposed in the press as having swapped a child for various messiahs later purchased by major world religions; ghost-writer of Clive Dunn's disgraceful autobiography, THREE PINTS TODAY, PLEASE.

Typical Riho motto

"Can you hold this while I go to the toilet?"

Zegas

Fledgling Freddie
Literal meaning
"One who knows a man who could make a handle for that."

History
Whispered in an empty room under the Marquis of Bute, the name Rob was originally used loosely to refer to unsettlingly enthusiastic night soil collectors, before falling down a flight of stone steps.

Famous Robs
1. Rob Sprewt, who's never forgotten the self-propelled gardener;
2. Rob Quoits, proponent of paroxysms of fright; first holder of the office of Police-constable;
3. Rob Happenstance-Oaf, populariser of Britain's standards; first holder of the office of Emeritus Professor of Prophecy Professing, Oxford;
4. Rob Dindymene, haunted by an image of Elvis impersonator impersonators; ghost-writer of Hugh Scully's phenomenally foul-mouthed autobiography, REMINISCING FROM MY DEATHBED;
5. Rob Tube, who discovered the entertainment industry blacklist;
6. Professor Rob Marl, MD, reputedly trapped for eighteen days under a fallen monument to the world's seventh highest-rated episode of Mr Pastry; first holder of the office of Evil Marionette;
7. Rob Nightdodge, director of the new Bond movie, DEAD, BURIED, ARMED AND DANGEROUS; first holder of the office of Official Kerb-Trip-Overer;
8. Rob Mapduster, BA, MD, belittler of those funny pirate hats;
9. Rob Lonfial-Dufallily, aroused by Mr Bronson from Grange Hill; ghost-writer of Lionel Stander's entirely adjectiveless autobiography, E-MAIL ME FOR THE SECRET OF MY MILLIONAIRE'S SUCCESS;
10. Rob S'Ess ("The Terrible"), opponent of the everlasting trouser.

Typical Rob motto
"Least said, Eva Mendes."

o_O

soze

I am a FH squatter
Literal meaning

"Christ, get that thing away from me."

History

Whispered in an empty room around the time when the Vikings were really beginning to wonder if it was all worth it, the name Michael was originally used repeatedly to refer to warriors who died during drill practice, before being transported to Australia for its part in the "Christ, we're starving to death! - how about a bit of food; just if you can spare it, obviously, we don't want to put you out" Rebellion.

Famous Michaels

1. Michael de Sponetote, MSc, RN, aroused by the definitive manual on drowning; first holder of the bewilderingly ritualistic office of Police-constable;
2. Michael Grating-Mapduster ("The Suspicious"), reputedly trapped for twenty-one days under a fallen monument to the concept of acceptable losses;
3. Michael F Tinkermouse, BA, proponent of demanding money with menaces;
4. Michael Dots, channeller under supernatural influences of unspeakable guilt;
5. Michael ap Nivea, MA ("The Terrible"), for a time, in their own mind, romantically linked with the early career of Roy Clarke;
6. Chief Scientist Michael Smmith ("The Uncanny"), who owes everything to Spandau Ballet;
7. Lady The Miss Michael O'Cangoose-Marl, co-habitee of twenty-three people associated with the self-propelled gardener;
8. Inspector Michael ap Itching-Sprewt, MD, co-writer of INDIANA JONES AND THE LEAGUE OF SILENT EXPLODERS; ghost-writer of Jimmy Clitheroe's posturingly lurid autobiography, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO I AM, HAVE YOU?;
9. Michael U Jesus, of the generation which fondly remembers Sock 'n' Roll;
10. Michael Dufallily, champion of the evaporating duck.

Typical Michael motto

"S is the verb, C is the noun, get it wrong and I'll kick you down (a dangerously abandoned well)."

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Typical Stefan motto

"In the tum-de-tum-de-dum comes the dum-de-dum-de-dum."

hehe nice one :->

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Mine

Literal meaning
"The doctors say we should try to raise it as a boy and see how things go."

History
Spelled out by the movement of snakes across desert sands around the time when the Vikings were really beginning to wonder if it was all worth it, the name Gareth was originally used chiefly to refer to unsettlingly enthusiastic night soil collectors, before interbreeding with the natives took place.

Famous Gareths
1. Gareth Lonfial-Macaulay, first victim of an ice sculpture of Hugh Scully; ghost-writer of Yootha Joyce's shatteringly political autobiography, HEY HEY HEY! IT'S MY BOOK!;
2. Gareth Proms-Tidecatcher, channeller under supernatural influences of Mr Bronson from Grange Hill; last holder of the office of King's Bath Taster;
3. Gareth O'Grating, who's never forgotten the indestructible tortoise;
4. Gareth Mapduster-Nightdodge, populariser of the evaporating duck;
5. Gareth Toot-Dots, champion of the right to use a nice cup of tea; ghost-writer of The St Winifred's School Choir's excessively sophisticated autobiography, IS THAT ME? NO, THIS IS ME;
6. Gareth de Smmith, haunted by an image of thirty-one entirely new ways to kneel;
7. Gareth Jesus ("The Reasonably Broadly Educated"), who could never shake an early association with a creature from the id; ghost-writer of Lindsay Anderson's disgraceful autobiography, CHRIST, MY LIFE'S DEPRESSING; first holder of the office of Queen's Own Loan Shark;
8. Lady The Miss Gareth Chinly, exposed in the press as having swapped a child for the self-propelled gardener;
9. Gareth G O'Nootlooter-Itching, disgusted by mottled glass;
10. Gareth H O'Staplegun-Thews, reputedly trapped for twenty-three days under a fallen monument to Sock 'n' Roll; ghost-writer of Noele Gordon's entirely adjectiveless autobiography, TOOT-A-TWANG-TWANG; first holder of the office of Official Kerb-Trip-Overer.

Typical Gareth motto
"A guilty conscience is like a crippling gloom: both cause crippling gloom."

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Literal meaning
"The skin of one twice its size."

History
Taken from the English for "Daniel" around the time when the Vikings were really beginning to wonder if it was all worth it, the name Daniel was originally used largely to refer to a breed of goose, before being modified genetically by scientists.

Famous Daniels
1. Daniel Ach, haunted by an image of the monkey cartilage gear system;
2. Brigadier-General Daniel Dufallily ("The Reasonably Broadly Educated"), champion of the right to use the early career of Roy Clarke; first holder of the richly prized office of King's Bath Taster;
3. Daniel Sponetote ("The Mighty"), channeller under supernatural influences of Elvis impersonator impersonators;
4. Daniel Tidecatcher ("The Celebrated Juggler"), who's never forgotten several of the more violent gypsy curses;
5. Daniel de la Mapduster-Quoits, first victim of some thing or other;
6. Daniel Macaulay, co-habitee of fifteen people associated with the evaporating duck;
7. Doctor Daniel Chinly, PhD, for a time, in their own mind, romantically linked with the indestructible tortoise;
8. Daniel Grating ("The Pale"), proponent of Explode-O, the wonder bang dismantler; ghost-writer of Ming the Merciless's bestselling autobiography, I LOVE MY FROG!;
9. Daniel de Nivea, exposed in the press as having swapped a child for the deckchair-cum-hat; ghost-writer of Lindsay Anderson's publicly burned autobiography, E-MAIL ME FOR THE SECRET OF MY MILLIONAIRE'S SUCCESS;
10. Daniel X Oaf, fascinated to death by more types of bacterial infection than any fifty-nine people can name.

Typical Daniel motto
"Ducks come from duck's eggs, as do drakes, though I suppose technically both are ducklings at that point."

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Literal meaning

"Feral variety."

History

First changed from another name by deed poll in 1222 AD, the name tristram was originally used inappropriately to refer to licensed manufacturers of swanee-whistles, the endlessly amusing noise-making device, before being adopted as a word for "slopping out" by prisoners.

Famous tristrams

1. tristram Frewsy-Nivea, who's never forgotten Evap-o-Floor;
2. tristram F ap Boonk, BSc, MSc, aroused by the everlasting trouser; first holder of the office of Country's Most Secret Spy;
3. tristram Tinkermouse, MD, reputedly trapped for ten days under a fallen monument to the early career of Roy Clarke;
4. tristram Millington ("The Mighty"), who owes everything to various messiahs later purchased by major world religions;
5. tristram de la Nootlooter-Sprewt, PhD, early user of nine entirely new ways to kneel;
6. "Terrible" tristram Dots-Nightdodge, MA, belittler of a nice cup of tea;
7. tristram Sprokes, champion of the right to use a musical quiz show based on the Nanjing Massacre;
8. tristram Proms, co-writer of INDIANA JONES AND HALF-MAN HALF-BISCUIT GO HULA;
9. Professor tristram Ach, named in court as holding compromising material concerning demanding money with menaces; first holder of the office of King's Bath Taster;
10. tristram Frote, co-habitee of twelve people associated with unspeakable guilt; first holder of the office of Last Out of the Building When the Fire-Alarm Rings.

Typical tristram motto

"In the east is a building that is my house, and I'm off there now, so see you tomorrow at the footy."

Mistlin

Fledgling Freddie
Literal meaning
"A deflating sound made through pursed lips by the weary and despairing." :eek7:

History
Created by Act of God in a fit of terror, the name Ian was originally used precisely to refer to a famous sect of surly, pilfering domestic servants, before undergoing surgery by Government linguists.

Famous Ians
1. Ian Macaulay ("The Celebrated Juggler"), champion of the right to use the methods of Judge Dredd;
2. Ian du Marl, co-habitee of twenty-one people associated with the self-aware cartoon strip;
3. Ian Ach, who discovered the world's seventh highest-rated episode of Mr Pastry; ghost-writer of Oscar Wilde's neighbour, Tom's entirely adjectiveless autobiography, FROM TOP TO BOTTOM;
4. Ian Boonk, MD, MD, of the generation which fondly remembers between nine and fifteen scientific principles;
5. Brigadier-General Ian Jesus, aroused by edible bark;
6. Ian D Proms, who lost a fortune on the everlasting trouser; first holder of the office of Queen's Own Loan Shark;
7. Ian T Y Nivea ("The Uncanny"), belittler of the lost consonant of Atlatis; ghost-writer of Jerry Desmonde's heavily censored autobiography, WONDERFUL TIMES, SELECTIVELY REMEMBERED; first holder of the office of Country's Most Secret Spy;
8. Lady The Miss Ian Trabmaw, proponent of the nightmare cupboard; ghost-writer of Mr Grimsdale's anarchist's handbook and autobiography, THERE'S SOME PHOTOS IN THE MIDDLE; last holder of the office of Last Out of the Building When the Fire-Alarm Rings;
9. Ian de Dots, co-writer of INDIANA JONES AND THE LEAGUE OF SILENT EXPLODERS;
10. Doctor Ian Frote-Lilly Li, director of the new Bond movie, DEAD, BURIED, ARMED AND DANGEROUS; first holder of the office of Mr & Miss Transsexual World.

Typical Ian motto
"All for one and one for example."

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Typical Chris motto

"You can't fix what isn't broken without smashing it up a bit first."

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Literal meaning
"Maker of Quaker fakers."

History
Taken from the English for "Gamblor" around 11am, the name Gamblor was originally used trendily to refer to the Disney corporation, its subsidiaries and partners, before eating a big cream cake.

Famous Gamblors
1. Gamblor U T du Chinly ("The Mighty"), reputedly trapped for eight days under a fallen monument to the world's most attractive bucket;
2. Gamblor de la Jesus ("The Celebrated Juggler"), who's never forgotten more types of bacterial infection than any three people can name;
3. Gamblor Tightbadger, MSc, proponent of the concept of acceptable losses;
4. Gamblor S'Ess ("The Nervous"), who discovered the self-aware cartoon strip; ghost-writer of Lady Macbeth's white-hot autobiography, TOOT-A-TWANG-TWANG;
5. Professor Gamblor Smmith, who could never shake an early association with bungee-jumping;
6. "Terrible" Gamblor I Frote, disgusted by the early career of Roy Clarke;
7. Inspector Gamblor Grating, RN, of the generation which fondly remembers Spandau Ballet; ghost-writer of Richard Stilgoe's litany of crimes autobiography, THERE'S SOME PHOTOS IN THE MIDDLE;
8. Gamblor Sprewt, belittler of the world's most popular cosh;
9. Gamblor Marl, MA, MA, for a time, in their own mind, romantically linked with demanding money with menaces; ghost-writer of Oscar Wilde's neighbour, Tom's bestselling autobiography, SEE YOU IN HELL;
10. Doctor Gamblor Nivea, named in court as holding compromising material concerning the legendary Source of the Thames.

Typical Gamblor motto
"A watched pot is never quite worth it."

:worthy: :worthy: :twak:

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Literal meaning
"For another ten I'll throw the child in too."

History
Made from straw by a dancing child's grandmother around 11am, the name Elinor was originally used monotonously to refer to warriors who died during drill practice, before taking a bullet for the Pope.

Famous Elinors
1. Elinor Chinly, BA, BSc, director of the new Bond movie, KILL ME FOR DINNER;
2. Inspector Elinor Grating, RN, early user of a popular music band made entirely of soap; ghost-writer of Anne Boleyn's entirely adjectiveless autobiography, I LOVE MY FROG!;
3. Elinor M T du Marl, MD, MD, BA ("The Mighty"), aroused by the world's most attractive bucket; first holder of the office of Lord Mayor's Official Stenciller;
4. Elinor Frewsy-Sprewt, who owes everything to the deckchair-cum-hat;
5. Elinor Cangoose, who's never forgotten nine entirely new ways to kneel;
6. Elinor Dots, MSc, BSc, named in court as holding compromising material concerning those funny pirate hats; first holder of the office of Last Out of the Building When the Fire-Alarm Rings;
7. Elinor F Oaf-Oily, RN, champion of the world's sturdiest box;
8. Chief Scientist Elinor Sprokes-Boonk, BSc, champion of the right to use the quick-burning funeral boat; first holder of the richly prized office of Hot Diggity;
9. Elinor du Tube ("The Terrible"), populariser of the everlasting trouser; ghost-writer of Joyce Grenfell's religious handbook and autobiography, THREE PINTS TODAY, PLEASE;
10. Elinor S de la Lilly Li, reputedly trapped for twelve days under a fallen monument to stout boots; ghost-writer of Mr Grimsdale's posturingly lurid autobiography, FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.

Typical Elinor motto
"London's burning and I live by the river."

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Literal meaning
"Oh well, we can always try again."

History
Taken from the Greek for "Hey presto, there it is" as the baleful influence of Halley's Comet was felt sharply among those distracted from their dangerous work to stare at the sky, the name ian was originally used by nuns to refer to unsettlingly enthusiastic night soil collectors, before losing two vowels in the wash.

Famous ians
1. Professor ian E O'Cangoose, champion of the right to use a creature from the id;
2. ian Trabmaw ("The Reasonably Broadly Educated"), co-writer of INDIANA JONES AND THE HOLE IN THE GROUND;
3. ian Oily, who owes everything to quicklime dental cleanser;
4. Doctor ian Dots, PhD, who discovered Sock 'n' Roll;
5. ian Macaulay, BA, exposed in the press as having swapped a child for the indestructible tortoise;
6. Brigadier-General ian Quoits ("The Thing"), co-habitee of twenty-eight people associated with Britain's standards;
7. ian Sprokes, named in court as holding compromising material concerning Evap-o-Floor;
8. ian Sponetote, indifferent to the methods of Judge Dredd;
9. Inspector ian Dufallily, populariser of a nice cup of tea;
10. ian de la Millington, PhD ("The Nervous"), who lost a fortune on stout boots.

Typical ian motto
"Neither a woman nor a foreigner be."

Could be worse ;)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bahumat said:
haha im willing to bet people are reading 1 line of other people's.

Didn't even make it that far

Not funny
Dull
Repetitive

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Typical Christopher motto
"That just means more water for the rest of us."

yey!

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Literal meaning
"Satan."
Typical Harry motto
"This looks like a job for Super-Harry!"
erm:touch:

Kasall

Fledgling Freddie
Literal meaning
"Maker of small, irritating things out of hardening Blu-Tak."

History
Taken from the underworld slang for "Stop kicking me to death, I left the money with friends" exactly three hundred years ago next week, the name KARL was originally used largely to refer to a breed of goose, before it escaped to France with the help of sympathisers.

Famous KARLs
1. Lady The Miss KARL Staplegun-Cangoose, BSc, early user of more types of bacterial infection than any twenty-five people can name;
2. KARL N Tinkermouse, first victim of Spandau Ballet;
3. KARL Oily, reputedly trapped for two days under a fallen monument to unspeakable guilt; first holder of the office of Hot Diggity;
4. KARL de Millington-Tube, opponent of Tramp Drink;
5. KARL de Nivea-Dufallily, champion of the legendary Source of the Thames;
6. KARL ap S'Ess, who owes everything to the entertainment industry blacklist; ghost-writer of Anita Ekberg's shatteringly political autobiography, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO I AM, HAVE YOU?;
7. KARL I Sponetote ("The Mighty"), for a time, in their own mind, romantically linked with mottled glass;
8. Doctor KARL Oaf, belittler of the lost consonant of Atlatis; first holder of the office of Official Kerb-Trip-Overer;
9. KARL Toot, MD, BA, PhD ("The Blue"), aroused by Britain's standards;
10. KARL Frewsy, proponent of a popular music band made entirely of soap.

Typical KARL motto
"Let us emulate the wily Prussian."

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Typical outlander motto
"This looks like a job for Super-outlander!"

go super me! :clap:

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
iteral meaning

"The doctors say we should try to raise it as a girl and see how things go."

History

At first the medical term for a specific congenital deformity in a rush, the name Johan was originally used indulgently to refer to those bred solely for organ harvesting, before undergoing surgery by Government linguists.

Famous Johans

1. Johan de l'Ach, haunted by an image of the nightmare cupboard; ghost-writer of Vivian Leigh's disgraceful autobiography, YES, I THOUGHT I WAS DEAD TOO;
2. Johan Tidecatcher ("The Celebrated Juggler"), who's never forgotten mottled glass; last holder of the office of Queen's Own Loan Shark;
3. Johan Thews, first victim of between nine and fifteen scientific principles;
4. Johan Nivea, BSc, MA, belittler of the paper aeroplane; ghost-writer of Oscar Wilde's neighbour, Tom's phenomenally foul-mouthed autobiography, E-MAIL ME FOR THE SECRET OF MY MILLIONAIRE'S SUCCESS;
5. Professor Johan C Dots, who lost a fortune on those funny pirate hats;
6. Johan Endeavour, opponent of a popular music band made entirely of soap;
7. Johan Orbiting, who owes everything to the constellation of Pleiades;
8. Lady The Miss Johan Sprokes, populariser of Sock 'n' Roll; ghost-writer of Mr Grimsdale's publicly burned autobiography, I'M FEELING QUEASY, GEOFFREY;
9. Johan Staplegun, aroused by physics;
10. Johan Tightbadger, BA, co-writer of INDIANA JONES AND THE HOLE IN THE GROUND; ghost-writer of Anita Ekberg's revolutionary, hologram autobiography, THREE PINTS TODAY, PLEASE; first holder of the discreetly discontinued office of Hot Diggity.

Typical Johan motto

"Tomorrow. Definitely."

"the name Johan was originally used indulgently to refer to those bred solely for organ harvesting"

yay i'm bred for organ farming :D.

that is class

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Literal meaning
"Keep refrigerated, eat within three days."

History
Coined by Kenneth Coin, inventor of the coin, around 11am, the name Alex was originally used seldomly to refer to those bred solely for organ harvesting, before it was bullied at school.

Famous Alexes
1. Alex Dufallily-Millington, champion of the right to use the early career of Roy Clarke;
2. Alex Mapduster, fascinated to death by stout boots;
3. Alex F Nightdodge, of the generation which fondly remembers the world's sturdiest box;
4. Alex G H Smmith, MD, proponent of a musical quiz show based on the Nanjing Massacre; ghost-writer of Albert Pierrepoint's disgraceful autobiography, SEE YOU IN HELL;
5. Alex S'Ess ("The Uncanny"), early user of the nightmare cupboard; first holder of the office of London and Home Counties Chief Dawdler;
6. Alex O Staplegun, belittler of bungee-jumping; last holder of the highly regarded office of Gross Miscarriager of Justice;
7. Alex I Nivea, reputedly trapped for twenty-seven days under a fallen monument to the everlasting trouser;
8. Alex Proms ("The Mighty"), named in court as holding compromising material concerning Tramp Drink;
9. Alex Frote-Happenstance, co-habitee of twenty-six people associated with the deckchair-cum-hat;
10. Alex Grating, who owes everything to Spandau Ballet.

Typical Alex motto
"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to be Emlyn Hughes."

Oic Oo

Tilda

My acctual meaning is Rock which is nice :p
If you just speak my name in a french accent it is the verb "to fart" which isn't so nice :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Tilda said:
My acctual meaning is Rock which is nice :p
If you just speak my name in a french accent it is the verb "to fart" which isn't so nice :p

Tildafart!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom