What do you miss in RvR?

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Excellent post about best days in RvR from Aloca :cheers:

So what do you miss in RvR?

I miss . . .

1. Non opted groups - regardless of level and spec, players went out and had fun - even better when rpees meant nothing except a number!

2. Old emain and the Mile Gates - gotta love stealthers there!

3. Days of no templates and running around in RoG's before we all new better

4. Days when the enemy would /hug /kiss as oppossed to the abuse you can get from players you never seen/heard of before (Why did mythic put those in? :twak: )

5. Old style keeps where a thane aoe would hit more or less everyone and keep defences seemed so much more panicy!

6. Shaking in rvr at my keyboard when I was just soo nervous/excited!

7. Playing without leet players - where you felt only a few players on the server actually figured out there classes and the rest of us where just hitting things and hoping for the best! (May have just been me :fluffle: )

So what do you miss? :cheers:

/bow

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
if u want non opted groups and zerg fest go to classic. Impossible to do fg vs fg there :(

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
amgO!

OF

something to do in a keep siege (no, triggering mines, NPC guards etc doesn't count)

equal armor tables

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Lorimez Shadowblade said:

Still get that, but usually when I realise I've just run out of booze :(

Profion

Fledgling Freddie
Imiss..

Good groups from all realms.
Old Emain =(
All ppl that played this game when i started to play.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Profion said:
Imiss..

Good groups from all realms.
Old Emain =(
All ppl that played this game when i started to play.

apo oti akousa mono 2 ellhnes itan ston prydwen mids xDDD

h 3 o ljarnill o biftekis k esi xDDD

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Emain, around alb mile gate and the tower
When an opted group was one where everyone was level 50
Leveling on water beetles and thinking it was fun (ok not really rvr)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
4. Days when the enemy would /hug /kiss as oppossed to the abuse you can get from players you never seen/heard of before (Why did mythic put those in? :twak: )

i still hug and kiss :(

except when someone decides to add on a decent 1v1 fight :p

Gegge

Loyal Freddie
if ure refering to old stuff that i miss then it would prolly be OF, but some stuff in it had to be changed ;x running from dc -> emain as a hibbie for example wasn't that great imo, especially if u didn't have speed (like a stealther)... OF odins was of teh win.

today's rvr is kinda okay, getting OF as roaming zones aint gonna happen, but there's 1 thing i'd like to see getting changed and that's the RA system. the active ra:s are just too expensive imo, should be 5/5/10 instead of 5/10/15 tbh! other than that.. givf 30 mins on charges instead of 10 kthx!

Excellent post about best days in RvR from Aloca :cheers:

So what do you miss in RvR?

I miss . . .

1. Non opted groups - regardless of level and spec, players went out and had fun - even better when rpees meant nothing except a number!

2. Old emain and the Mile Gates - gotta love stealthers there!

3. Days of no templates and running around in RoG's before we all new better

5. Old style keeps where a thane aoe would hit more or less everyone and keep defences seemed so much more panicy!

7. Playing without leet players - where you felt only a few players on the server actually figured out there classes and the rest of us where just hitting things and hoping for the best! (May have just been me :fluffle: )

/bow

I don't miss anything atm, getting all that and more on the freeshards ;s ( feel free to PM me about it )

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
I miss DF being active, I miss when albs or hibs came to Svasud Faste gates and there was fights there, I miss the fun in Sauvage when mids took Caer Renaris, I miss when shammy actually could solo and was an offensive threat in keep fights with their aoe dots. But most of all I miss people being more spread out and there was still plenty.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
The miss the varied terrain that OF had.
Now all 3 realms are the same, except they rotated the map and did some minor changes.
Everything is either flat or too steep to climb.
If only they redesigned the terrain and moved the location of the docks away from the portals, i think that would be enough to make me happy. :p
I miss RvRing away from docks/bridges.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I miss waiting on the rvr portal pad.

One needs time to make a cuppa one does !

visur looks so bored these days :)

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
- OF, mostly Odin's as well as keep takes (which could actually be fun and not take 5 hours)

- DF being active

- DG :(

Mainly I miss alot of people though. Game seems abit empty these days.

Jjuraa

Banned
I miss . . .

.... stuff ....

/bow

funny, almost all the stuff you miss i think has improved the game

in answer to your question, i miss OF (portal keeps, smaller keeps, etc). and thats it

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
I miss...

People not being nostalgic like they used to be. I mean people think there's real nostlagia around now, but it's nothing like the nostalgia there used to be in my day.

Oh, and how strawberrys don't taste as they used to and how the thighs of women have lost their clutch!

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
I don't miss anything atm, getting all that and more on the freeshards ;s ( feel free to PM me about it )

f3ar of my rr3 + rr4 skald of mine there :p what realm btw? :)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
-DF action
-OF milegates even with the numerous albs :)
-OF in general. Tho i cant say i really miss the soooo much wasted time on pad
-SeeHidden
-Assassins>BowClasses anytime of day and not the 15 min window
-Old keep fights and relic temples
-1 maybe 2 hit casters (since we had the 3 str relics for like ever)
-The mob when it was Halloween that shapechanged all to cute little skellies !!!!!!

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
The miss the varied terrain that OF had.
Now all 3 realms are the same, except they rotated the map and did some minor changes.
Everything is either flat or too steep to climb.
If only they redesigned the terrain and moved the location of the docks away from the portals, i think that would be enough to make me happy. :p
I miss RvRing away from docks/bridges.
Agree

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
The whole realm vs realm concept of the game. Not talking about 'the right to add' or any of that bullshit, just think without the original premise of the game it loses something. Was cool been part of a realm, a team, a side to bat for! Instead no one can give a shit about anything unless iRvR is up.

Still, innocence lost, you can't go back and that side of the game is gone...no ones gonna get a bollocking for xping at the fins during a relic raid anymore.

Otherwise silly stuff, small grp/solo action in OF odins, sauvage camping with some stupid pet, open field zerg fights that used to rage across 1/2 the penines during relic raids and stuff - you never get open field zerg stand offs anymore, only keep crap - just goofing about doing whatever b4 peeps got so po-faced and pretentious about everything. Couldn't go on forever tho.

Fifta

Fledgling Freddie
I miss...

1) Rog groups facing the only set gg pwnage group in the whole server and as a result a fight where the rog group stands the whole fight in a mezz.

2) Waiting at the porter to be able to port to rvr zone and then repeating the step 1)

3) Having great fun running around solo and then being killed by the group introduced in the step 1) and then repeating the step 2)

4) Doing a relic raid in stickmode and the whole zerg getting killed by the group introduced in the step 1)

5) The numerous situations where a zerger or a savage oneshots you

6) Fights against a tiny crocmode spiritmaster called Smacksterius who kills you before you can spot him from the grass.

7) Not being a part of the set gg group introduced in step 1)

Damn you mythic! You have ruined all the fun I had in the old days!

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I don't missed the old frontiers at all, they were fun for their time. But there were serious design issues (Am I the only one that remembers mid groups performing circling patterns around Emain APK, waiting for albs to leave).

I only miss the portal, for the time it provided for a toilet/tea break. If we put that back now, the whine would be immense. I like the fast turn around on sessions. The game is alot better ...

What I miss though are some of the people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom