What do my eyes spot here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
Clipse said:
Q. which guild Started roaming 2FG, stuck together very professionally, and killed most who came in their path ?

<If you can't answer constructively, then just throw a flame this way>

Red Guard I would guess?

blaze

Fledgling Freddie
aye albs you should really get some skills.... I can tell u what to do: learn from AD they are the best alb guild around imo... :m00:

serious

Fledgling Freddie
Sheph said:
lol u so dont know me...

go away zergling... u just destroy the game...

dont you think it might be your grp who destroys the game atm?

S.

Telaron

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
thats like saying its fun dieing! .. ooo we died 64 times in 45 ports, but its ok because we had a laugh :p ... fact of the day: you dont need to die in emain with friends to have fun with them.

edit: o and also, considering this thread is a wajn at the high rr groups .. and you need rps to get high RR, i find it funny that you consider the winner the people who lose the battle!

No, don't make yourself look stupid.
The winners of a fight are ofc those who has men standing at the end of it. :)
Dieing is not fun so the low RR's with less desireable classes tends to mvoe in large numbers in order to have a chance of --->winning<----

So the question is who won the battle?
The 8 people who got 5k rps each or the 32 people who didn't have to release but only got 300 rp's each?
While the casual player who plays for fun would say the 32 poeple the regular emain rp-whore would say the 8.
Guess that's a matter of opinion.

Anyway think we're making progress, you just realized most people don't seem to enjoy dieing.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
why does every gank group get labeled as rp-whores.. most of em really wanna make use of their "skills" of their classes and utilise em in groups and get good fights against equal numbers because thats what they think is most fun..

majority of Excals daoc people have the opinion that their class is most funny to play in a ful group. a minority think their class is most fun in a zerg.. thats why zergs get flames, ppl cant see how anyone can have fun in one/ppl dont like dyeing to one since you stand no chance.

conclusion: let everyone play the game as they want, listen and respect others opinions and views of what they find fun & dont flame others for not playing your style..

PS. everything in the conclusion dont go for me (/macro add1 /y DID I CALL 1-800-NEEDBACKUP?) DS.

Telaron

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
majority of Excals daoc people have the opinion that their class is most funny to play in a ful group. a minority think their class is most fun in a zerg.. thats why zergs get flames, ppl cant see how anyone can have fun in one/ppl dont like dyeing to one since you stand no chance.

I would say majority likes large scale RvR.
FG of low rr's stand no chance in fight against a fight against high rr's either.

Divinia said:
conclusion: let everyone play the game as they want, listen and respect others opinions and views of what they find fun & dont flame others for not playing your style..

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Telaron said:
I would say majority likes large scale RvR.
FG of low rr's stand no chance in fight against a fight against high rr's either.

My rvr-group at excal is:
2 RR4 BM's
1 RR3 Druid
1 RR7 Bard
1 RR8 BM
1 RR7 Hero
1 RR5 Druid
1 RR4 Druid

and some others with an avergare RR of 4-5

still we dont do that bad.. is it cus we're fotm? rather foty+ then..

prozze

Fledgling Freddie
Today we met one fullgroup of :m00:s with two blademasters, 1 warden, 1 bard. These :m00:s died because...

Albs seem to rather whine on forums then think about the setup they bring to rvr, this isnt 1.35 after all.

We play only because we want to have fun know 80% of the group IRL, i belive you would play together with your irl friends too if you could.

p.s. savages ruin the game, not gankgroups.

and no we are not uber. we have a fucking rr5 bm i don't want in our setup, and also an BM that cant assist =(

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
Telaron said:
No, don't make yourself look stupid.
The winners of a fight are ofc those who has men standing at the end of it. :)
Dieing is not fun so the low RR's with less desireable classes tends to mvoe in large numbers in order to have a chance of --->winning<----

So the question is who won the battle?
The 8 people who got 5k rps each or the 32 people who didn't have to release but only got 300 rp's each?
While the casual player who plays for fun would say the 32 poeple the regular emain rp-whore would say the 8.
Guess that's a matter of opinion.

Anyway think we're making progress, you just realized most people don't seem to enjoy dieing.

sure, no 1 likes dieing, but how can it be fun --->winning<--- :rolleyes: when you out numbered them to do it? it doesn't matter how casual or not as the case may be, if you are part of the 3fg's or whateva the number is that killed the "full time rp whores" you had to do less to get the rps, and then what happens next when you meet a group of people who are also casual RvRers who also dont wish to zerg? what will you tell them? "zerging is fun when you are not part of a hardcore rvr guild"

as you said yourself, its a matter of opinion. its all fine zerging us and thinking ok we have an excuse, they were an rvr guild and they do it often so if they really wanted to they could have owned all 24 of us with 8 people. you have piss all of an excuse when it comes to randoms. i was 1 of those randoms once, and this was an issue.

Telaron

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
sure, no 1 likes dieing, but how can it be fun --->winning<--- :rolleyes: when you out numbered them to do it?

Beats die+release. :rolleyes:
Thought we'd made a progress here but it seems like we're back to session one agian.

Nuked said:
it doesn't matter how casual or not as the case may be, if you are part of the 3fg's or whateva the number is that killed the "full time rp whores" you had to do less to get the rps, and then what happens next when you meet a group of people who are also casual RvRers who also dont wish to zerg? what will you tell them? "zerging is fun when you are not part of a hardcore rvr guild"

They get zerged, just like I get by hibs and mids if I move in a fg.

Nuked said:
as you said yourself, its a matter of opinion. its all fine zerging us and thinking ok we have an excuse, they were an rvr guild and they do it often so if they really wanted to they could have owned all 24 of us with 8 people. you have piss all of an excuse when it comes to randoms. i was 1 of those randoms once, and this was an issue.

I don't need an excuse to play the game however I wish.

Arawn

Fledgling Freddie
ZzzzZzzzZZzZzZZzZZ

First of all...The one who made this thread.. :kissit:
Second of all...a typical alb excuse "Why do you think we zerg?"

Answer : You still zerg even if all your rr10 ppl should make 1fg..Its in alb nature to zerg and run around with ugly hats and do annoying emotes..

I can recommend PE´s way to play , Thats 1 alb guild on prydwen who knows to play alb classes..

Random Roleplayers arent some mixed grp like DH...they are mostly irl friends playing for fun and plays alot to gain RR..

Last of all..All realms zergs once in a while..So I dont blame albs to fuck up the server or anything , The only thing I say is..You dont need to "zerg" you got nice classes/abilitys

thxbye :cheers:

swords

Can't get enough of FH
*Answer : You still zerg even if all your rr10 ppl should make 1fg..Its in alb nature to zerg and run around with ugly hats and do annoying emotes..*

Get with the program.

Apocalipse Dudes.
The Brethren.
First Cohort.
Black Falcons.
Royal Bavarians.
Band of Brehons.

There you go 6 guilds of whom i have played in their GG at one point or another who's aim is Fg v FG not zerging.

perhaps if you were to venture elsewhere than the AMG in Emain you might be able to remember a few...

Marc

FH is my second home
Real Madrid shouldnt be allowed to sign (insert current best player in the world already not at Real)as its not fair on the rest of europe.

laaken

Banned
yes obviously rr should split up and play with irl gimps that zerg at mgs all day.

you suck, go away gimp.

Zandr

Fledgling Freddie
prozze said:
Today we met one fullgroup of :m00:s with two blademasters, 1 warden, 1 bard. These died because...

Albs seem to rather whine on forums then think about the setup they bring to rvr, this isnt 1.35 after all.

We play only because we want to have fun know 80% of the group IRL, i belive you would play together with your irl friends too if you could.

p.s. savages ruin the game, not gankgroups.

and no we are not uber. we have a fucking rr5 bm i don't want in our setup, and also an BM that cant assist =(

:eek7: :touch: and our MA cant pick target :twak:

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
blaze said:
aye albs you should really get some skills.... I can tell u what to do: learn from AD they are the best alb guild around imo... :m00:
Who the fuk do you think you are to tell anyone to get skills??You all think you are so high and mighty when not one of you has anymore skill than the other.The amount of skill needed to play this game is minimal.

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
I have read through this thread, and have deduced one thing, Elorelen Hearthunter is a noob / moron / drunkard / retard / 4 year old.
Oh and btw,
QQ :kissit:

georgie

FH is my second home
This place feels just like Barryswhine already.... Didn't take too long. :)

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Iorlas said:
Who the fuk do you think you are to tell anyone to get skills??You all think you are so high and mighty when not one of you has anymore skill than the other.The amount of skill needed to play this game is minimal.

its skill when u gank gol, and get away before the cg arrives on top of us!

agon

Fledgling Freddie
Elorelen Hearthunter said:
My eyes spot a new Hibernian guild: Random Roleplayers is the name (they think they are 1337 orso)

an allmsot rr10 and sum rr 8's etc. And evry few players.

IS it COOl orso to make Uber guilds with 10 people all rr 11?

Like Dem Hibbies, Jack Herer, Blizzard, LA, NP etc etc.

I personaly think u guy;s fucking up this game. Making those super uber :puke: groups.

Why do u think albs zerg? Because Hibs and mids got 2 a 3 guilds Having a fg RR11 Walking arround, u think albs wanne be free rp's? ofc not (d0h).
So they get more people so they zerg if thats the way they can beat u..

I :puke: on guilds who whine about zergs when they make such groups.

just wanted to say that you suck
and you need to get a clue

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Fuck honour. History is written by the winners.
LoL! Says the sodd who's been bitchin about alarmclock raids! can you spell hypocrite? :m00:
Yes!!! I have cheese! :D

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, playing this game requires SO much skill..... plz :kissit:

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Iorlas said:
how would you know?? :wij:

dunno, only ever managed to escape before cg arrives on a cpl of occasion, after we gank u tho its amazing how much spam comes up in /g of MOVE STICK MOVE MOVE MOVE

Parlain

Fledgling Freddie
It's very very simple tbh

The game progression went like this:

1) Early days pre 50 and b4 RR's( pre 1.30 iirc)

Guilds who tried to do guild RvR with lots of people way back in the early days with tactics, who then gave up as they found trying to herd a large group of people in the same direction or to follow a plan without going insane and wearing out your caps lock button shouting (not to mention the "why is xx's group getting more rp than us??" whines).

However some guilds started up with the intention of going FG and these guild grps started to roll over the random grps. (Think NP, CF, RB)

Due to this being the Dark Age of CAMELOT and all, your average gamer decides to roll Albion, increasing the pool of people who are ill-informed about the game and who form the "Zerg"; bands of people who know no better than to move in a huddle at chokepoints.

2) The days of FG RvR and RvR Guilds: People, fed up of grouping with randoms at a/m/h tk making crap groups decide to try and band together and make RvR groups designed to be capable of trying to compete.

These guilds are branded "Elistist" (then, as now) but tend to at least move as a FG to try and compete with best in normal guild groups.

People in non-RvR focused guilds who want to try the concept of steady groups and a pool of people on which to draw and rely on either: Start a new RvR Guild, join and RvR Guild or try to encourage RvR within their own guild

With the concept of RR, the gulf between the random player and the dedicated player widens; the huddling of the zerg increases. Some RvR focus guilds start to run with 2fg on the justification that omg! xxx realm is zerging!!! This forms a vicious circle where there is much whining that the one's running in a fg get "zerged" by those in 2fg and many try to run 2fg to compete too.

Random groups, who used to have little chance vs RvR Guild groups now have no chance, the "zerg" increases.

3) The days of 8 man RvR Fixed Group guilds (Usually FoTM or best setup)

Having seen the effect that RvR Guilds have had on the quality of their playing time, the "hardcore" players i.e. those who play almost every day meetup with 7 other people who share the same dedication and form new guilds. These guilds usually run the best (in their eyes) setup and have either recruited the right classes or reroll and powerlevel to have the perfect mix. Some play with voice coms and most almost never form unless all or almost all of the 8 are online i.e Fixed Groups.

Some fixed groups form guilds, some stay within current guild but still have the guild (examples include TB Caster group "Ice Blue", Outlaw and Zoyster's group, and most recently "Red Team" in Hib)

Randoms continue to zerg and with the fixed groups usually very high RR they have no chance- the zerging gets stronger.

Why do people do this?
Well playing with the same people enables you to be able to rely on them doing their job properly, it enables you to play with peoiple who can and do sit at thier computer for hours and hours at a time and thus not spend half your time trying to re-recruit.

The bad point is those who don't belong to fixed groups can compete and they either zerg, or whine (usually in equal amounts)

It's like a chicken and an egg thing- RvR and Fixed group guilds came about because they were fed up of being in the zerg and playing with unreliable people; the zergs continue to exist because many players don't want to/haven't got the patience to make viable groups and just want to hit something

Note: Not everyone wants to play in a fotm grp, they have fun in their funky group setups and my hat goes off to them.

Note on Zergs: Every realm zergs but usually with Emain as the de facto location for RvR Hibs tended to zerg less, mainly because moving DL >>> Emain takes more effort than porting and thus Hib seems to have more focused guilds/better grouping because people hate to run all the way to Emain without speed and without a good setup.

And yes Alb zergs more than anyone, see the point about casual players rolling Alb, however the opposite side is that there are more stragglers to pick off...

My two cents while I'm on lunchbreak :)

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Parlain said:
alot of sane and good words

nice said.. its too late to do anythign about it now tho it seems.. ppl dont wanna try with lowbie rr grps..

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
imo u shouldnt be worring about the high RR groups..

its the high RR peeps taking charge of the ever growing hib-counter zergs u need to watch for.. more and more hibs learning how to strike fast and hard at a lower realm rank..

great job :)

vintervargen

Banned
Iorlas said:

this is the perfect random alb twat.

you say there is minimal skill in this game. then i presume you have not gotten better since you started right? because no skill = no improvement.

too bad for you moron, the rest of us have gotten better, and want to meet opponents who can stand up versus us.

to the original poster:

you still have'nt answered my question -

why do you camp amg/mmg with 8fg's instead of roam emain with, from your point of view, 2fgs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom