What Digital Camera do you use for photos?

Exoshear

Fledgling Freddie
So, what camera does everyone use?

I have an Olympus C-200 which has never done me wrong! Takes brilliant pictures. :)

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Nikon CoolPix 775.

Not much by way of bells and whistles, but it's compact, didn't cost the Earth and takes decent pictures.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Canon EOS 300D with either my 28-135mm IS lens or 50mm f1.8 prime and 550ex speedlite generally (6MP)

Cybershot U-20 for random photography (2MP)

my XDA-II for anything else (0.3MP)

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
I just bought my missus a Casio EX4? Very small and twee.

I have a fuji zoom s602Zoom.

I like these new printers that take the cards direct.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Sony Cybershot 3.2mp, cause its the best ive got and i got it for crimbo :p

Wish i had the money for a 6mp jobby but i dont :/

My housemate has one of those cannon 6mp slr jobbies tho.

Lemming

Fledgling Freddie
I've got my nice reliable Olympus D-380. Excellent picture quality

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Sony Cybershot DSC-V1 or somethign like that. 5mp pictures. Love it to bits!

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Xavier said:
Which, the 300D or 10D?

Xav

I couldn't honestly tell you. Nor can I ask him as both he and I are home from christmas. I do know it cost him 2000 euros though (he's italian).

Sar

Part of the furniture
Canon Powershot S40.

Had it about 21 months. Not bad.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Canon powershot g3. It's a very very good camera with lots of features. I really do need to get a wideangle lens for it.

Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
Xavier said:
my XDA-II for anything else (0.3MP)

Which he likes to torment me with on a regular basis.....

Actually, make that all three of them (especially when I have no make-up on, am getting dressed, have messy hair, or when I am generally looking utterly shite).

leggy

Probably Scottish
www.Xavier-teh-Voyeur.com by the sounds of things :D

Anyway, Nikon coolpix 885 for me.

I don't take many photos to be honest but it has enough nice features that I can brag about and never use.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
leggy said:
www.Xavier-teh-Voyeur.com by the sounds of things :D

Anyway, Nikon coolpix 885 for me.

I don't take many photos to be honest but it has enough nice features that I can brag about and never use.
smeg, rumbled, almost

*registers new domain*

Heh, truth be told she's my ginuea pig for any new kit or 'techniques' (no fnarr fnarr's plz, she's already with bun in oven ;)). She moaned recently that I've got no 'good photos' of her, but I reckon of the hundreds I've taken there must be one where she doesn't look too minging ;)

*runs off fearing a real life twakking from Bym*

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
I use a Canon Powershot G1, not really happy with it though, don't get me wrong it can take some lovely pictures and has plenty of things to tweak. However, it's a bit of a beast and doesn't really fit in the pocket, wish I'd gone for a smaller one now. The Optio S4 looks like the kinda camera that would suit me better, probably be able to get the funds for it if i sell my powershot at its now hugely depreciated value.

Chalak

Fledgling Freddie
i use my dad's olympus c-3030 (i think thats the model) for pictures. now to convince him to let me take it to uni with me this term muhahaha

PR.

Fledgling Freddie
Fuji Finepix 6900

finepix6900-front.jpg

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Trebz said:
I use a Canon Powershot G1, not really happy with it though, don't get me wrong it can take some lovely pictures and has plenty of things to tweak. However, it's a bit of a beast and doesn't really fit in the pocket, wish I'd gone for a smaller one now. The Optio S4 looks like the kinda camera that would suit me better, probably be able to get the funds for it if i sell my powershot at its now hugely depreciated value.

It can take amazing infrared photos though. The later model G camera's don't.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I have the Finepix S304 which is what i took the sunset picture in the other thread on but i really dont like it. Poor in low light, not very responsive & no shutter priority. If found myself going back to 35mm at the mo till i can save enough cash for the EOS300D.

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
Ch3tan said:
It can take amazing infrared photos though. The later model G camera's don't.
Didn't realise it was able to, heh, so I won't exactly miss it.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I recently upgraded from a Nikon Coolpix 800 to a Coolpix 5400.

The CP5400 is a nice camera, 5MP with a good quality lens going from a useful 28mm wideangle to a reasonably useful 116mm full zoom. Low light performance is pretty poor, as with a lot of digital compacts and although it has a 400 ISO setting the noise is too bad to use it really.

Most of these pictures were taken with it. (still hosted by BW there, must find an alternative home).

I am hopeful that 2004 will see me get a digital SLR, most likely a Nikon as I already have lenses to fit. A second hand D100 probably or maybe one of the forthcoming D70's that Nikon are bringing out to compete with the Canon 300D.

RB

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
i've got a sony cybershot dsc-p9, which i'm not happy with. i really want a canon s45.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
mookie said:
i've got a sony cybershot dsc-p9, which i'm not happy with. i really want a canon s45.
Why not the s50 which superceded it?

DCMag on 23/07/03 said:
"Whether it’s the new DIGIC processing system, a super-sharp lens or just general advances in digital camera technology we don’t know, but you’d find it hard to beat these results without swapping to a digital SLR."
Xav

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
or ones of those, in black :)

i mentioned the s45 because i've used one, a friend got one around the same time i picked up my P9 and he definatly made a better decision than me :)

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
sony DSC-F707, pretty nice camera, but I always seem to end up using Nikon F-70.
I realy want a cheap small digital i can take with me to bars :)

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I had an Olympus C-220 Zoom, I now have an Olympus MJU400.

Dubbs

Fledgling Freddie
I've got a Canon Powershot S45 which is bloody fantastic! I'll mostly be using it tonight to take a picture of my desk for The Actual Desk Thread. It'll scare the life out of those untidy b'stards! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom