what did you do before this game?

A

angrysquirrel

i havent played this in ages, allowing me to spend more time in the pub chasing nurses and medical students (sucess rate improved since haircut and aftershave of +1 physical attraction).....dont think ill play the game again but its nice to get back to my old life....so the question is

what did you do before that you dont do now because of your online gaming addiction?

L

Larla

I played Ultima Online till Everquest came out, played that for about 2 years. Had a break from RPGs and switched over to Half-life and TFC.

Then i went to Anarchy Online from release (wow, that was a turbulent few months) got so bad i quit and went back to Ultima Online.

I then heard about Dark Age of Greatness comming to the UK. Played from release for quite awhile then quit, came back 3 weeks ago and im in love with it once again :wij:

Short and sweet, just like me :puke:

D

Duryn

Played TFC for 3 years, played for 1/2 top euro clans and my country (country in a computer game, sounds a bit sad :p) and then realised that the game had no more depth to it, mind you 3 years ain't bad ;).

O

old.Xanthian

You was crap at TFC Mirage :p
Me on the otherhand ;)

A

Arnor

gaming wise:
Played in one of the first&best Quake Team Fortress clans
Played some singleplayer games
Played alot of Starcraft on Battle.net
Won norwegian championship in CS at the biggest LAN in the country(playing cs nonstop for a week made me :sick: afterwards almost, never ever touched cs since the day we won)
Played alot of starcraft&quake3 with my mates on lans
Played ALOT of diablo2 with mates on small lans
Played alot of Tribes2 (WONDERFUL game)
Played some diablo2 on b.net (not FOR REAL, just for the hell of it)
Played some Warcraft3
Started playing daoc with a gang of like 6 rl mates, and here we are :D

rl wise:
went to school, partied some, played games
Played some basketball
went to the U.S
Went on interrail (best....vacation....ever)
Almost got a blackbelt in taekwondo(moved away from the town right before the test to start my studies
1.5yrs passed with #1 on rl list, found out that computer engineering blew major goats for me. Dreamt that psychology was the thing for me, woke up and packed my shit and moved to another town and started studying psychology :D

Thats about it for my 21yrs, or the stuff I can remember on the fly @ 04.13am :p

S

spankya

Before DAOC...

Played games hardly ever, spent alot of time working, in the gym, going out to pubs, clubs, movies etc, and generally a life of drink, sex and rock & roll!!

Now after playing daoc so long, my life is again heading to back to the way it was before :) Bring on the beer and women!! :D

A

Apathy

I played games on Yahoo. :S And offline stuff like Armada, HoMM3/4 and so on. I've never really played FPS games.

The only online game I played was Diaspora, which went tits up over a year or so ago. Still in touch with lots of my friends and guildmates from that game, which is funny...all us Endymions are stuck with each other for like. :/ One of them told me about DAoC and I just laughed. "What? GRAPHICS? More than 100 people on at once? No cheating? Hohoho!". Then I ended up buying it and almost a year later...I am a level 51 sorc. WTF? :puke:

I played Runescape for a bit, which was okay but rather tedious. All that clicking. Urgh. So I macrod. :/ I'M NOT PROUD! I ended up giving all my Rune plate to people and giving up. I sometimes worry that I would still be playing that game if it wasn't for DAoC. :S

With SWG and EvE and so on coming out, people often say "Apathy, will you be playing any of the new games?" and I say "Why no, I won't. I like DAoC too much and besides...my fingers are arthritically crippled into optimum shapes for this game now. AND BOLT RANGE MEZZ!!!!".

Hehe. I have a massive cup of tea.

Hello Hibernia.

a.

F

finbahr

angrysquirrel i don't know if i had a life or not i can't rember i do know that u don't need rl when u got doac lol

N

-Nuked-

diablo 2 on USEAST for about 3 years! and i was damn good at it too :( i miss D2 :cry:

B

Brennik

Played a lot of Quakeworld Team Fortress in some of the first/best clans and as I can't remember having any "Arnor" in SoF, there's something dodgy going on here :)

Some short ventures to Action Quake 2, then blundered into UO and wasted a lot of time there. One olf QWTF clan played some Tribes 2, did that for a couple of months and then quit. Kept on playing QWTF, QWDM, Q3DM at times, dabbled with D2 with some old QWTF/DM dudes too.

Then DAoC beta, then the real deal and some Rocket Arena 3 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein with the old T2 lot, until we quit again :) Nowadays slipping back to Tribes 2 and the old bastards seem to have started playing RTCW again, might need to reinstall it too...

A

Anu

Started on age of empires:rise of rome :D had some fun..

bought half-life.. played for about 2 months... discovered TFC free then started playing that.. 3 years later.. play for a mid prem league team..

while playing TFC i also played UO for 2 years till i started on DAoC back in april last year..

Still playing TFC :)

I don't go OTT and still do what i wanna do awaay from the PC.

Mirage was in RA??? only clan i remember him in.. Xanth on the other hand.. ROFL

B

boni_ofdavoid

I used to stay up most nights clubbing taking innumerable coctails of drugs, but my body cant hack that now im getting old and playing DAOC is a lot cheaper.

A

Amadon

I used to sleep before DAoC...

oh.. and play quake 3, cpm/ctf/tdm.. hated it but it stopped me from being bored...
used to go out and get drunk every now and then.. sure as hell don't miss that, and my bank balance is ever so grateful :p

P

Pocyourhontas

Hmmm, Played EQ for 3 years on and off, mixed with a bit of UT, Rune and 1/2 Life. Then had a break from EQ for a bit and played Anarchy Online.

Played DAOC from day one of the Euro launch, had a few months off, played again, swapped account and played a little more.

I play a little now, but only a very little, it all seems so old now :) like me :)

I am mostly playing Freelancer now days and concentrating on my new job.

M

Mirhen Morkir

You was crap at TFC Mirage

Seem to remeber that name from my TFC days :p

As for me, well Played TFC for two great years, until Running [SnD] nearly ran me over the edge. Still TFC was a great game, and I still miss the UKTFCL/GWTFCL matches.

I then moved to UO, when i joined CBH on europa, played there till i got an email inviting me to join the Daoc beta, and dragged a few UO peeps with me :)

I still think about reinstalling HL again, and having a quick blast again. I've kept all my configs etc. so maybe I will give [SnD]Randavar another blast one day soon :)

E

Exiled

UO for 30 months, Baldors Gate II, Icewind Dale, Baldors Gate, TFC, etc etc.......

K

Kicks

Before DAoC.......

I played Unreal Tournament iCTF and iTDM for a couple of top uk clans, then 1 of me clan m8s got DAoC, and I thought wtf is that within a week I'd bought it :). Oh yer I also spammed Jolt Forums a lot :)

Before that I was busy failing exams etc at Uni and trying not to spend all my non-existant money on alcohol. I think I managed it :)

M

Moön

TFC and CS, bit of UT

Oh and btw:
Originally posted by old.Xanthian
You was crap at TFC Mirage :p
Me on the otherhand ;)

Shut up Xan you sucked! ;)

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by Tyka
I was a pr0nstar.

U still are my elph pr0nstar! :p

Ow and i played lots of Unreal Tournament iTDM.
Also some Diablo 2.....

D

Duryn

Yea was in RA, the 2 clans I were talking about at top euro were in. and =BC=, but I guess RA had their times :d.
Also played diablo2, some other shite half-life mods and gave Q3F a short blast, very nice engine pity its following was so small.

S

Sleet

1/ smoke less
2/ was more attentitive to my fiancee
3/ left the house on nice days
4/ a multitude of active hobbies
5/....
6 ....
7/ list really does go on
8/ and on and on

not missing another summer of my live, 1 was enough

and hence why im rarely on these days ;p

a hug from the woman cheers me up, a /hug from, for example, boni, to cheer me up scares me, as i still think hes a ginger goth that wears denim jackets with buckles like the 80s ;p (i best wait a while before i next pm him asking how he is :D )

so spending lots of time with her (thats my missus not boni ;p )

:flame: @angrysquirrel for introducing me to the game ;p

A

Anu

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir
As for me, well Played TFC for two great years, until Running [SnD] nearly ran me over the edge. Still TFC was a great game, and I still miss the UKTFCL/GWTFCL matches.

I still think about reinstalling HL again, and having a quick blast again. I've kept all my configs etc. so maybe I will give [SnD]Randavar another blast one day soon :)

hEH i know what u mean.. created a clan called [FAB] was leader then just got fed up with it and stopped being it.. like a sucker i ended up as Head Ref for the UKTFCL and eventually a admin till that made me fed up.. just a normal player now for [XXX] (NO NOT A PRON CLAN!)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by old.Laryssa
saw you :)
the nose fuck performance was great :D

Is that what is meant by nasal sex? :rolleyes:

B4 this game i had a rl, dunno what happened to that tho, perhaps i lost it somewhere, it'll turn up i guess, these things usually do ;)

S

Sleet

Originally posted by Faeldawn

B4 this game i had a rl, dunno what happened to that tho, perhaps i lost it somewhere, it'll turn up i guess, these things usually do ;)

did you check your shoe?
sometimes when i lose stuff it turns up in silly places

Users who are viewing this thread