What classes are people playing?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Hahahaha :D
Playing Priest of Mitra anyways. I'll make a thread when people have actually chosen, so if you choose the same class then you can exchange ideas about equipment, feats, etc.

rynnor

Rockhound
Haha, thats awesome. You just picked the arguably squishiest and the arguably sturdiest class in game. :)

Aye lol - not coincidence though :) I played both in beta - I started out wanting to play a Tempest but although they have many fine tools I did end up a little worried about their fragility - Its difficult to judge the endgame from level 20 but I do wonder how much less 'squishy' it will be at 80?

The Guardian on the other hand suprised me - he basically out dps'ed the Tempest while also being far far more durable - I expected toughness but dps?

No doubt it wont scale to 80 but still :)

I love the feats of both classes - that for me is a big selling point - initially I liked the Priest of Mitra and although there are a couple of nice feats you have to go through a lot of dross to get there - others will no doubt disagree but in the end you make your own mind up...

Tilda

Having read some, am now planning necro (currently gimped, but hopefully interesting pet/spell interaction late level) and a HoX, if I dont enjoy necro will reroll demonologist.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I will probably roll a barbarian or a ranger. Will be exciting as there are many different playstyles you can use with those classes.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Been playing a barbarian and a Dark Templar in closed beta
Both to about lvl40
Both have been very fun classses
Barb has been nerfed a few times recently which is fine
The DT seems to be making slower progress to a well rounded toon teh higher I level

So it will probably be a barabarian to duo with a mate that is gonna play a ranger
And a DT for when he isn't online

The shield on back and heavier armour thing just looks too nice to pass up on

taB

Part of the furniture
I'm gonna go for a Demonologist to start with I reckon, only ended up trying the open beta for about 2 hours as I got sidetracked by the sunshine.

Been reading about the Herald today - might have to switch to that! No spell-weaving but two-handed swords :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
tempted to try bear shaman, any1 played in beta?

till about lvl27
not very high in other words

nice enough class
very squishy at low levels
but I hear that they improve alot at higher levels and become a completly different beast that can give lots of other classes a good run for their money

I did like the CAOE approach to healing
none of this standing at the back spamming spread heal thing

getting in there and getting stuck in was kinda novel for a "healer" class

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm tempted to pick my class by the magnificant way of "close my eyes and click" :D

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I'm tempted to pick my class by the magnificant way of "close my eyes and click" :D

The type of armour you can wear was the way I'm doing it ;)

The "melee" classes have some sexy looking armours
Nice thing is they change dependant on your starting race

Aquilonian NPCs look superb tbh
They made me roll an aquilonian DT

AgeOfConan%202008-05-06%2022-27-41-51.jpg

I love the look of shields on backs
AgeOfConan%202008-05-06%2022-29-52-04.jpg

Xone

Fledgling Freddie
Dee & me roll healers, aika wanted to roll a Dark Templar (OP'ed 6 button class :p).

So maybe if you want to play with us/him and have an unique role, roll some Assa/Soldier/Mage?

prolly roll a assa, i like to do it from behind

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
tempted to try bear shaman, any1 played in beta?

I played one up to about level 25, but that was a couple builds ago. It wasn't as easy to solo up in the beginning as the Guardian was, but it was still great fun and felt kind of like a fighter with some buffs and healing (quite a few HoT spells).

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
MM think I'll roll a bear shamen. WTB GuildWars monks in other MMOs tho!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There's a difference in female/male characters? :eek6:

Except the obvious you perverts :D

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
just a word of warning, female assassins have been heavily bugged throughout closed beta.

Aye.

For some odd reason, the animation code was bugged making 'em move and swing weapons slower than male characters :eek6:

Think they fixed it a couple of builds ago but im not sure at all tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom