What class have you had most fun with

O

old.Trulla

I must say that the usual hib caster I´ve seen in bg really sux..

with my skald I usually needed at least 3 blows to kill them.. and I think the only time I got mezzed was ONCE!! Still i didnt die since the caster got scared and ran away..

I know not all hib casters got mezz but at least mentalists and light elds do..

D

Danya

Most hib casters in the BG are chanters or void elds... hence no mez. And they don't seem to realise how to use stun. I had to tell people numerous times to stun the silly tanks, but no they always nuked instead. :rolleyes:

O

old.Charonel

wow, only hitting you for 50 damage danyan? jesus i'd heared mages were tougher in thidranki than at higher lvl's, that they could tank more (since all classes are more generic at lower levels) but i didnt think it was that different :) i just thought i didnt have high enough weapon when i didnt do tons of damage to them each hit :)

basically my experiance about those aren't really much from thidranki, pryd was a bit low on hibbys full stop never mind hibby casters when i was in thid, my experiance comes from my eldritch during the early 30's in yggdra.

basically i get killed in two hits (literally) from an even con skald/minstrel, with the DD's on top, whilst you may be able to take a good few hits at lower lvl's, at even mere low 30's you get butchered.

personally the problem was that i had no way to get a spell off on them, skalds had me dead before my quickcast was finished after they broke mezz (which they allways managed to get me with because, while i was quickcasting from max range having seen them coming, their speed brought them into their range before i finished casting :( so insta mezzed/stunned), after that, dying in two hits just doesnt give you long enough to quickcast a stun.

it was even worse with misntrels because they could (if they'd mezzed me before to get into meelee range) just stun me and have me dead well before even 3 seconds had passed...

in other words, i consider them to be an unkillable class to a caster, if played by someone who knows what they're doing (that's the important bit) because of the fact that they can totally stop you from casting anything for the whole time until your dead, therefore there's no way to do anything to them at all...

while in thid, you may be able to take a beating for long enough to quickcast, in yggdra at lvl 32 i NEVER had long enough to cast a stun or anything, i'd just get whacked down too fast.

oh, and job... dont make a void eld! just DONT! trust me on this, there's nothing worth speccing for in the void line, i mean wooo you get bolts, which almost never work, miss if they do work, or just take so long to cast that the target's already out of range, you have hardly any utility what soever, do pitiful damage... the only thing i'm going to miss about void spec when i respec is the ranged aoe, and that's not for the damage it does either, it's for the look of it, at higher lvl's it's like throwing armageddon at the keep gates :), i'm going to miss targetting the gatekeeper and aoeing the crap load of albs above it and behind :D.

probelm is that void spec is the eldritch damage spec line plain and simple, but only the bolt does damage worthy of the idea of a damage spec, and those are broken beyond belief, all the other spells do less damage than the other spec lines, and with teh others you get far more useful spells along with everything else, not taking all of that, the aoe mezz, pbaoe, debuffs, aoe snare, DD snare, a NASTY aoe str/con debuff etc... (just a selection of spells from the other lines) just isn't even slightly worth it when you consider that all you get is a bolt which almost never hits anything because of game bugs.

spec pure mana if you want an interesting one with the customary pbaoe, or full light (still valid for thid, because the coming heat resists wont be there i'd bet, and low spirit resists meaning mezz also wont be nerfed too much there either), both spec lines offer vastly more than void ever will :).

EDIT: perhaps as a lvl 50 in epic armour with huge resists (ie, an average lvl 50 :)) the thing about minstrels and skalds being unkillable may be different, because you could possibly live long enough to cast a CC spell, but in my personal experiance, it just doesnt happen.

D

Danya

I dunno what sort of gimped hp you had charonel, but mincers were hitting me for just over 100 with both DDs in thid then 50-60 with sword... my eldritch had over 300 hp without buffs, my mentalist had more (due to being celt). At most you need to take 4 dds and 1 sword hit (with one BTed). A light eld can alleviate the skald thing by nearsighting first. You can easily get that in before they get into even snare range then mez them after that.

Also both mez and the dd on a light eldritch are cold not heat/spirit... and no, people don't have much resist in the BGs. ;)

O

old.Charonel

well at lvl 32ish charonel had about 350ish? maybe closer to 400 hit points, i was getting whacked by skalds and minstrels for almost 150 a pop with styled hits, can't remember how much the DD's did though. but suffice to say i died VERY fast.

but i have almost no meelee resists whatsoever.

hell for all i know the skald i fought a lot there could have been abnormally high meelee spec, but that's what i was usually getting taken for, about two hits combined with the DD's and i was gone.

O

old.Charonel

just had a thought, didnt you say your menta was a celt? could be why you live long enough to cast then.

bah, elves even make gimped casters :D, what's this game coming to?! gimped elf rangers, and even gimped elf casters :(, a bad race that one :)

<runs off to make a gimped elf tank> :p

by the way, i know the light spec DD is cold, which is why i was ignoring it :), i was talking about the fact that light elds can have the baseline to back up with because of low variance with light spec, but with the coming heat resists you'll even have problems there.

O

old.Trulla

how much hp did he got u said? I did ~170 on yellow con caster + 100 dd.. first hit bladeturn takes.. so if u dont have less than 270 hp u should be able to live through 3 blows!! Imagine 2 handed hammer is slooooooow

O

old.Dillinja

My good ol' Skald, Dodge Viper, I'm sure most of you would remember him. :)

O

old.Charonel

hehe most hibbies remember dodge :), nasty little one that skald :p

and trulla, who said anything about two handed weaps? if i remember right, jagang used a shield and one handed axe, minstrels can't use two handed weapons either :(, i just got owned badly by those classes :p

B

BlitheringIdiot

Dodge you capped too fast, all i remember was you were dressed in black, ran about a lot and emoted everybody to death :p

D

Danya

350 at 32? eeeek my elf has um, 320 I think at level 24 without being particularly twinked... My level 37 celt has about 600. :p

O

old.Charonel

600?! ffs! :D

at 35 if i remember right, he currently has just over 400ish? not certain though, havent used him much lately.

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Charonel
600?! ffs! :D

at 35 if i remember right, he currently has just over 400ish? not certain though, havent used him much lately.
Yeah got about 80-90 unbuffed con, not much really and a few +hp items. If I had items to cap con and +hp I could probably hit 700 ish or so.

O

old.Charonel

hehe yeah but at least as an elf i hit harde...ack! just remembered your a bloody mentalist! :D

bugger :(

N

nightsorrow

Infill most Fun ever on BG

I think stealthchars are the most fun in most RvR, especially Battlegrounds......

D

Danya

I hit like a gimp charonel, I mean seriously, 350 / nuke on orange cons, wtf?! :p

O

old.Charonel

rolf, oh yeah! you da gimp DD throwah! :D

my sodding spec bolt only lands for about 400 and a bit, on YELLOW mobs! :D, and i can't chain cast those!

scary stuff!

EDIT: the fact that i didnt know to put any points into con at creation (i'd just got the game a few days after it went retail) may account for some of my gimpy hit points :) and the fact i have no +con or +hit points items either, all on my ranger :p

D

Danya

Should have got a screeny of me two-shotting an orange grovewood... 1100+ damage in 5 seconds is pretty insane at level 36. :p

O

old.Charonel

<shakes head>

i can't believe everyone used to laugh at people who rolled mentalists, before carefully running them out of town because they must be CRAZEH! :)

D

Danya

ATM I'm 15+8 mana, 33+8 light, 5+2 mentalism at level 37. Final spec is 45 light, 29 mana, 6 ment.
Basically I'm a nuker with mana crack and heal over time. :)

O

old.job

Well I'm sticking with void, mainly cos I do like the pve dmage I can do, really sometimes I don't understand groups, I was pullin yellow badgers, and a grp of 5 along side me 4 blues, 1 yellow con, were pullin same yellow badgers, they took as long as me to kill it?
It was cos their castors were waiting till melle for their bolts, so as not to attract aggro, and the bolts must have been blocked a lot. Their xp musta been dismal.

D

Danya

I like my pve damage... I normally solo oranges. :p Also I do full damage in group or solo due to not relying on bolts. :)

O

old.job

At a stretch I can solo orange, but it's dodgy and the downtime means it's safer and quicker to stick to yellows.
My Enchanter can cruise oranges, but 2 resists and I'm on my ass for 5 mins.

M

Madonion Slicer

Back when it all started my Fire Wiz was excellent, and playing with LSD inspired me to roll a scout and he was the best to play.

Now i have a Cleric(Healing/Buffer) and a Minstrel in BG they are ok but not the best ever, you need range and heavy damage to do well in the BG. or tho reading that massive post above the idea of using a pet for healing in BG i will have to give it a try.

Now rolling two mids on Prdy so we see how they go.

1. Scout
2. Fire Wiz
3. Minstrel
4. Cleric - For it's rewarding side of keep people alive

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.job
At a stretch I can solo orange, but it's dodgy and the downtime means it's safer and quicker to stick to yellows.
My Enchanter can cruise oranges, but 2 resists and I'm on my ass for 5 mins.
I find oranges fine, downtime is pretty low with MR2 and hot. Trees especially are easy killing.

O

old.Charonel

hehe right now in hib any caster can solo oranges, i was doing orange con evancers easy last night for the same amount of power usage as i usually use on yellows (was cashfarming).

the reason for this is because of our current ownership of all the power relics (again :D).

gotta love being a pure caster in that environment! i can solo oranges easy with the relics, without? it'll be back to yellow cons again.

oh, and the reason i was cashfarming orange cons is because i dont need the cash :), with 1.3plat in the bank and not a damn thing to spend it on i really have no need, i just like getting it! :D, and i like to get some xp whilst doing so too :clap:

O

old.Charonel

Originally posted by old.laughingboy
4. Cleric - For it's rewarding side of keep people alive

BUFF ME PLZ!!!!11!!1!1! HEAL ME PLZ! PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!!! FFS!!! REZ REZ REZ PLZ! BUFFS PLZ! HEAL ME!!!! FFS HEALS!!!!! REZ MEEE!!!! FFS!

oh yeah :) very rewarding :D

O

opoc

Originally posted by old.Charonel

BUFF ME PLZ!!!!11!!1!1! HEAL ME PLZ! PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!!! FFS!!! REZ REZ REZ PLZ! BUFFS PLZ! HEAL ME!!!! FFS HEALS!!!!! REZ MEEE!!!! FFS!

oh yeah :) very rewarding :D

Yes but it is not very nice when healers don't heal and leave you to die. That happens alot.

D

Danya

Charonel, you ever going to level your eld? At this rate you'll be grey con to me soon. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom