Reputation points for?

Do they do anything?

Do they have a purpose in life?

Why is my reputation disabled?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Serbitar said:
Reputation points for?

Think of them as a kind of post count, only your level is determined by the people who read your posts (e.g. i read a post you do, i like it - i give you a rep point)

Serbitar said:
Do they do anything?

As far as i know, they don't.

Serbitar said:
Do they have a purpose in life?

See Above

Serbitar said:
Why is my reputation disabled?

You need to enable it in your user CP options.

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
They are a feature of vB3. The exact rules depend on how they are set up for each forum install but the default installation allows people to add/subtract reputation from others to indicate how much they value their posts. The amount of reputation you can add/subtract depends on your standing within the community (how long you've been registered, how many posts you've made, your own reptuation level, if you are a mod/admin etc.) and most people are restricted to altering only a few points of reputation for anyone in a certain time period.

The overall idea is for reputation to be a peer moderated way of rewarding/admonishing posters depending on the perceived worth of their input. If you see someone with a high reputation you can generally trust that people have thought their posts worthy of rewarding in the past. In contrast someone with a low reputation has made pointless or badly thought of posts. Interestingly you can also set certain actions to trigger depending on reputation levels (for example if your reputation drops below x then you are banned for 10 days).

I have no idea how FH has it set up though :)

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks guys,

I am now on a distinguised road </flex>

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Some morons abused it when they first introduced it

*glances at excal forums*

And it got turned off.
Now, only positive feedback is allowed, and there's only two feedback type afaik, and this is "on a distinguished road", and "This user has feedback disabled"

*whistles*

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Noticed this Reputation thing when I first came to these boards, but never used it before. I'll start using it now, it seems like good system. :)
Perhaps it's for the best that you can only approve :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom