Music What are you listening to right now?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Recent cd's I got:

The Joy Formidable - Wolf's Law - Tdc says: meh, feels a bit toned down. It's not as...joyous?...as the other two albums I have from them. ***
Phosphorescent - Muchacho - Tdc says: awesome indie sound with all kinds of crazy influences banging around in there. ****
Mogwai - Les Revenants (soundtrack) - Tdc says: meh, nothing in there I've never heard before (except the use of the choir I guess), but I read the tv series Les R. is quite awesome. ***
Daughter - If You Leave - Tdc says: pretty awesome record, reminds me of EATW in some ways, but Daughter clearly in more control of the crazy. ****
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away - Tdc says: NC mellowing out? I think not, but restrained well-made songs, with a sultry Cave almost purring in the mic. *****

Push The Sky Away, album of the year imo. It will take a real smasher to beat it!

eksdee

FH is my second home
I loved that record when i was like 13, it was one of the first things of that ilk that I got into. Definitely has a soft spot in my heart as an extreme guilty pleasure.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
jai paul growing on me.

svefn-g-engelar is the best song ive ever seen live

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Eels, Daisies of the Galaxy. God damn right, it's a beautiful day.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There's some familiar sounds in there but it's a total departure from anything they've done previously. I also pretty much like anything and everything Pharrell is involved with - his vocals are a perfect match here.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It's definitely not vintage daft punk, but its a nice enough tune and it'll be a massive hit over the summer. I'm looking forward to the album because this track suggests they're going in a different direction so i'm interested to see what they've come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom