Music What are you listening to right now?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The piece I'm about to start learning

View: http://youtu.be/j1fgo7hp-Ko

The original is "Ronda alla Turca" by Mozart, but this is a modification by the Russian pianist Arkady Volodos. Here, played by the excellent Chinese pianist Yuja Wang.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
dayum what a hottie! err I mean great keying! :D

leggy

Probably Scottish

not really a massive fan of Sigur Ros, due only listening to them every now and again, but they're playing in Nottingham soon, tickets are £40, seriously contemplating it.

Seetickets has them listed at 32.35 (Inc Booking Fee). I'd take that. Thanks for the heads up - I live fairly near the Capital Arena.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So I have like 7 months to convince someone to like them

challenge accepted.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
By end of June I'll have seen them 3 times in 9 months. :D
I'll be hella lot more impressed if you knew all the words to all their songs! ;)

What's the best album in your opinion? *need to further explore*

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The new one is an album and should only ever be listened as such. On their own the tracks don't work very well.

The new stuff they have coming out is a bit more dynamic and darker, they played a few tracks last month. Different, good, a bit creepy.

TdC

I know: I saw them on their home turf. Shit was amazing, yo. Also, one of their background clips made me choke up a little. Yay emotions yay :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

It should be good, BUT, there are so so many other bands like these, sound wise. Typical shoegaze indie-pop/rock-ish sound.

The piece I'm about to start learning

View: http://youtu.be/j1fgo7hp-Ko

The original is "Ronda alla Turca" by Mozart, but this is a modification by the Russian pianist Arkady Volodos. Here, played by the excellent Chinese pianist Yuja Wang.

Ugh. I don't like how she plays so lightly, no weight in the keystrokes, it hurts my ears and sounds shit. Good luck with it though, looks like a shitstorm to learn.

TdC

It should be good, BUT, there are so so many other bands like these, sound wise. Typical shoegaze indie-pop/rock-ish sound.

but I like shoegaze indie-pop/rock-ish sound :p

actually I'm not above arguing that Daughter is sneakily post-rock :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
but I like shoegaze indie-pop/rock-ish sound :p

actually I'm not above arguing that Daughter is sneakily post-rock :D

Yeah I hear you. Me too, and they probably are really good listening to live. Also, nothing wrong with being sneakily post-rock :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom