What advantages do DW and CD lines have over HtH ?

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Jergiot
first tick on bleed is 25dmg, and backslash has high end usage, thats why i think its better even tho u cant really compare the two.

and imo cd>dw :D, dunno if u played a 50 bm loads, but im sure u would think the same.

CD is nicer due to the stun from side other than that the lv50 DW style is far better than any CD style i have used.

What konah said about having no anytime stun for a merc is a weakness but that's fixed in 1.65 although doesn't matter if you face a merc with PF they will still hit you from all sides with an equal amount of damage styles.

H2H ws is low yes but the damage is stupidly high, we all know that by now though with the choice of 2 stuns that's kind of insane compared to most other melee classes.

Though get a good guarder and a savage has a very hard time whereas a CD/DW user will rarely be blocked with high ws and high DR.

D

Divinia

Originally posted by Aussie-
and who would be so stupid to face a merc if he knows he has a strong frontstyle?
"hey i don't bother to run, plz hit me with one of your best styles"

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
yes lets turn and get hit with pf

oh what shall i choose,

stand still and let the whole assisttrain do all the nicest styles on you
or try to run away as long as i can and let them do styles which suck compared to ds :X

you're an idiot if you face a merc.
you're smart if you face a savage.

some ppl never learn, if ure fast enough with the strafing they cant do postitionals, if ure as good as i am.. u cant even do styles!!!!

strafe for the ppl! xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

F

Flimgoblin

savage (h2h) styles have the same bumped up growth rate that reaver (flex) and valewalker (scythe) styles do..

they also have lots of nice handy positional stuns... oh well that's mudflation for you.

At the moment they have more attacks per round (well they have more than they do next patch ;) not sure if it's many more than a merc/BM at the moment) but they'll have less next patch.

They also get nifty self buffs which at the moment have bugger all disadvantage to using - next patch they might have to think before spamming 4 of them ;)

The disadvantage to h2h though is it has a lower weaponskill, and a savage only has 1.5 spec points per level to put into it. It does allow two weapon types for free and you don't have to spec a second line - so not convinced the 1.5 is much of a disadvantage ;)

(bm/merc/zerk has to spec 50/50 to get the same as 50 in h2h - however they will get more weaponskill so maybe it balances out)

But at the moment - savages are far superior to any other tank out there. Next patch - we'll have to wait and see.

B

Belomar

H2H (as well as Flex and Scythe) is a modern weapon spec, meaning that it was designed 2 years after the initial weapon lines. The upcoming style review will surely address many of the inbalances and hopefully make most weapon spec lines comparable. :)

R

Rg.Roller

Savage 2h'd is up for the nerfing, did it really need that? :> Considering "guard" and to a lesser extent "blade turn" gives a 2h'd user a big problem.....i dunno to be honest. Still knowing the nerfs comming it gave me the option of respecing h2h or h2h. \o/ For sure with so much whine the h2h will be addressed too. But i dont see much in the future balancing for the other realms most loved class such as the infil and chanter. :m00:

A

Arnor

Originally posted by K0nah
h2h got 2 choices of anytime stun along with the other goodies = win.

2 choices of anytime stun?

please dear konah, show us the light!

the only stuns I know of in hth are positional and/or chained :p

yes 2h savage needed a nerf, but not locally on excal no, but on other servers where guardbots are few and far between etc.

A

Aussie-

stun from 2 sides and from behind . ie 300° arround you = anytime

A

Arnor

stun from 2 sides and from behind . ie 300° arround you = anytime

lol, THE LOGIKC!!!! ITS SO OBVIOSUE!!

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Arnor
where is la in all this i wonder? :rolleyes:

aurora borealis has a 1.25 growth rate - pretty nifty still ;)

A

Aussie-

lol, THE LOGIKC!!!! ITS SO OBVIOSUE!!

aye, compare that with a polearms where the enemy has to do a style on you before you can get your stun off :great:
or a merc that needs to evade :great:

R

Rulke-RM

Or a BM that gets their long duration side stun as 1st style instead of 2nd like H2H?

Goddamn I hate that stun >.<

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Rulke-RM
Or a BM that gets their long duration side stun as 1st style instead of 2nd like H2H?

Goddamn I hate that stun >.<

5 sec aint long duration ;)

A

Arnor

aye, compare that with a polearms where the enemy has to do a style on you before you can get your stun off :great:
or a merc that needs to evade :great:

or zerker who has a 7sec stun second in an evade chain.

and flim, aurora borealis is third in a back-chain, and caps for 10more dmg then the previous one.
But ofc, AB has an INSANE proc (like leviathan and blizzard blade) only the proc hits for sumt like 30ish dmg xD

I

iceflower

<>thus strong newbie-friendly class aka fotm

That is silly, if you started playing Doac with a savage you would probably give up in dispair long before you dinged 50. They are pain to level unless you have a buffbot, something very few newbies have. Either you find a group or face long downtime after each fight when soloing. This class is for the "experienced" Doac player with a buffbot account and/or established in a guild. Their performance in gank groups has nothing with newbie status to do. Noob players in "elite rvr guilds" maybe but that is something completely different and those reside in all realms and isnt something mid specific. :)

B

belth

Originally posted by iceflower
This class is for the "experienced" Doac player with a buffbot account and/or established in a guild.

Experienced is not the right word... Powergaming is.

G

greenfingers

Re: Re: What advantages do DW and CD lines have over HtH ?

oh fuck off please!

savages are overpowered yeyeyeyeyey

hth have 2 weaknesses: low wskill and wpns degrading faster :p

such lameness in that post .. ofc they degrade faster, they quad hit.... (4 hit in what should be a singel hit) .. what did U expect?

low weaponskill yes ... but the quad obviously compensates for that .. even if savages got nerfed to only doing triple hits, I bet U would still play it with much fun ...

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by iceflower
[BThey are pain to level unless you have a buffbot, something very few newbies have. Either you find a group or face long downtime after each fight when soloing. This class is for the "experienced" Doac player with a buffbot account and/or established in a guild. /B]
Mentioning no names, but someone playing a savage in a fixed exp group on Mid/Pryd (no high level buffbots were used!) was often heard muttering 'I aer teh overpowered chimp!' in group chat... :p

Savages are pretty easy to level if you get in a group with people who know what they're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom