What advantages do DW and CD lines have over HtH ?

M

Mavl

Looking at the info atm, and thinking. Typically all lines have their strengths and weaknesses that balance them dps wise, right? Else they are getting nurfed(like la was). The advantage of HtH is obviously the chance to triple and quadro hit. And the advantage of DW/CS is an improved chance to doublehit compared to HtH or what ? Chance to single hit with hth is 60%, chance to single hit with dw is 50%, but hth gets multihits or smthn.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Mavl
Looking at the info atm, and thinking. Typically all lines have their strengths and weaknesses that balance them dps wise, right? Else they are getting nurfed(like la was). The advantage of HtH is obviously the chance to triple and quadro hit. And the advantage of DW/CS is an improved chance to doublehit compared to HtH or what ? Chance to single hit with hth is 60%, chance to single hit with dw is 50%, but hth gets multihits or smthn.

oh fuck off please!

savages are overpowered yeyeyeyeyey

hth have 2 weaknesses: low wskill and wpns degrading faster :p

M

Mavl

This is not a whine tbh, just interested, so foff ^^

Originally posted by Arnor
...and wpns degrading faster :p
buy new ones :p

V

Vodor

h2h and DW should give the same dps over time, but with savages' dps shout and DR being more effective for them than dualwielders h2h does more damage now.

Dualwield gets a bit of utility with PF, side stun on BM etc, and higher weaponskill than h2h. With the savage nerf next patch BMs are the highest damage dealing tank afaik

V

Vodor

DW and CD both have access to PF and get a fair bit more WS

Poon

T

tildson

DW has Frontal Shadows - frontal positional style with .85gr~ thats very nice

CD has backpos-snare, sidepos stun with nice follow-ups.

H2H have also strong side and backpos styles, 9sec sidestyle is abit much though :)

H2H > DW > CD
DW > H2H > CD if count out the stun effects

H2H looks ugly too :(

ps. you get higher WS due to your thrust/slash/crush-spec, DW and CD only raise the chance for 2x hit, higher spec - higher dmg on CD/DW-styles and you need to "dual-spec". just for you lot wondering ;)

my note: what makes savages overpowered isnt the quadhits themselves, its the dps-buff which allows u to hit unstyled for good dmg(thus strong newbie-friendly class aka fotm) - and of course haste- and evadeshout.

R

rure_

dont know how this fit in in thread but I just read a post from a rr9 shaman that said that BMs is the best tank in game after the savage-nerf

M

Mavl

isnt only 2h weaponskill getting nerfed for savages and not hth?

Yes, the hth dps will be reduced a bit with the quad hit chance cut, but weaponskill for hth like will still remain the same afaik

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by tildson

aye, very usefull style for a merc
and its dual not frontal :great:

M

Mavl

Originally posted by Aussie-
aye, very usefull style for a merc
and its dual not frontal :great:

Its actually quite nice against those "/face you" types

A

Aussie-

and who would be so stupid to face a merc if he knows he has a strong frontstyle?
"hey i don't bother to run, plz hit me with one of your best styles"

O

o_O

and who would be so stupid to face a merc if he knows he has a strong frontstyle?

and if u run Il hit u with an even better style, buy a clue please.

Allso,
CD and DW requieres you to spec a weapon line allso, h2h dont! Its all in 1 specline

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by o_O

Allso,
CD and DW requieres you to spec a weapon line allso, h2h dont! Its all in 1 specline

lmao, and what style would that be?

DS>DW backpos style/thrust backpos/slash backpos

now, who needed to buy a clue?

N

necrofill

Originally posted by o_O

Allso,

savages only get 1.5 sppec pts, so if they want 50 h2h they can only get 43 savagery and very low parry while merc and bms can get 50dw/cd and 50 weapon + 28 parry.. but when savage got evade 4 while merc only get evade 1 whice make advancede(sp?) evade useless!!

D

Divinia

yup BMs are better than savages.. its that the sav grps are more skilled that bm grps lose to em.

F

Freppe^^

thx spambot! tbh, savages r somethin out of the usual, it shouldnt even be compared to dw cd imo :D

T

tildson

Not only Mercenaries, DUAL Shadows ;) is very kiko as infiltrator

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by tildson

CD has backpos-snare, sidepos stun with nice follow-ups.

H2H have also strong side and backpos styles, 9sec sidestyle is abit much though :)

H2H > DW > CD
DW > H2H > CD if count out the stun effects

H2H looks ugly too :(

ps. you get higher WS due to your thrust/slash/crush-spec, DW and CD only raise the chance for 2x hit, higher spec - higher dmg on CD/DW-styles and you need to "dual-spec". just for you lot wondering ;)

my note: what makes savages overpowered isnt the quadhits themselves, its the dps-buff which allows u to hit unstyled for good dmg(thus strong newbie-friendly class aka fotm) - and of course haste- and evadeshout.

im still waiting for someone to savage growth rates. i belive they will bring even more nerfcalls if someone test it :). and the dps buff is bugged, its only supposed to raise base dmg and style dmg are supposed to be the same. At its current state it also raises style damage.

edit: the dps bugg is my own theory, not really tested etc x)

T

tildson

It sure works with styles, i remember doing very small "tests" hitting a greycon with and without dpsadd. Was like 430->550 unbuffed and buffed cap, dunno the numbers but it sure had impact even on styles.

S

saltymcpepper

yes lets turn and get hit with pf

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Jergiot
DS>DW backpos style/thrust backpos/slash backpos

my cap on dual shadows is 403, my cap on backslash is 405...

so its more like DS=backslash tbh, ds has the nice bleed but backslash never misses.

flank side chain: flank 412, shadows rain 458

spammyslash chain: amy 340, diamond 413

this is with 142qui and 4.1s (212 unstyled cap) mainhand btw.

don't care what side they choose to point towards me, lack of an anytime stun is a pain tho.

h2h>dw=cd imo

A

Aussie-

oh what shall i choose,

stand still and let the whole assisttrain do all the nicest styles on you
or try to run away as long as i can and let them do styles which suck compared to ds :X

you're an idiot if you face a merc.
you're smart if you face a savage.

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by K0nah
my cap on dual shadows is 403, my cap on backslash is 405...

so its more like DS=backslash tbh, ds has the nice bleed but backslash never misses.
h2h>dw=cd imo

first tick on bleed is 25dmg, and backslash has high end usage, thats why i think its better even tho u cant really compare the two.

and imo cd>dw :D, dunno if u played a 50 bm loads, but im sure u would think the same.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Jergiot
first tick on bleed is 25dmg, and backslash has high end usage, thats why i think its better even tho u cant really compare the two.

and imo cd>dw :D, dunno if u played a 50 bm loads, but im sure u would think the same.

~12dmg in grp rvr... like i said, nice but hardly significant, since most targets shouldn't live longer than 2ticks at most.

cd got some nice styles, dw got some nice styles = draw

h2h got 2 choices of anytime stun along with the other goodies = win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom