whaddafuk wireless

ECA

I am a FH squatter
so been using wireless ofr y'ages and its been fine, suddenly my main pc wont connect and is saying stuff like "no response from network" or "network is hidden blahblah " and wont connect, but all the other pcs and laptop are connecting fine.

whattafuk ( no settings have been changed nobody else can logon to my pc )

any ideas?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Have you tried deleting the wireless association from your PC and setting up fresh? If you have, try uninstalling/reinstalling the wireless device drivers on your machine.

As to why it's gone wrong in the first place - no clue, sorry :S

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I went to germany and had snitzel yesterday, possibly my wireless network is holding it against me?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
reboot ye olde router?

Tried already :p

gotta go drop my uncle off to pickup his car but will try resetting up connection when I get back

ECA

I am a FH squatter
urgh nothing working, any further ideas?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
You've tried uninstalling the drivers for your wireless adapter and reinstalling? Have you got MAC address filtering on the router enabled? If so make sure your main PC's MAC is allowed.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You've tried uninstalling the drivers for your wireless adapter and reinstalling? Have you got MAC address filtering on the router enabled? If so make sure your main PC's MAC is allowed.

Yes tried uninstalling\reinstalling, and no mac filtering isnt on the router.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Couple of things, most obvious, you sure everythings set right ? :) If i had a pound for everytime i missed somit stupid. Wife would of still spent it and i'd still be poor :p

SSID transmitting on Wireless access point ? Is puter seeing it as there. If you not transmitting SSID, Try it and see if it seeing it. turn it off after.

Useing MAC address filtering ? Router forgot PC address ?

Wireless card set correctly and not set for AD-Hoc. ?

TCP-IP settings not changed (been changed by cat walking over key board) ?
Ping 127.0.0.1 in cmd to check TCP-IP bound to card correctly.

Update or backdate wireless drivers. Try the ones that came with it. you did put em in a safe place ;)

Also try useing the software that came with wireless card to access network or windows one if you use wireless software that came with card now.

Can card be removed and plug into another machine ? See if it works there, rule out card.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I kicked it in the fanny and it started working again.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Was the fanny kicking authorised by Trem, Teedles or myself? (megs a bitch so his opinion doesn't count). If not you are in serious danger of a fanny kick yourself.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Was the fanny kicking authorised by Trem, Teedles or myself? (megs a bitch so his opinion doesn't count). If not you are in serious danger of a fanny kick yourself.

I have a signed note from trem!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
fannykicking - a sure cure for everything that ails you. since 2008!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom