Well well well...HNY and 2006 - how was it for you?

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I know its a bit early, but happy new year chaps and chapesses.

I did the same last year (posting HAPAH NOO YEAH before midnight) but as if I'm gonna be sat at my lappy later tonight pfft.

Anyways - have a good one and how was your 2006?

2005 was a big bad bastard of a year for me, one to forget. Thankfully 2006 was a great year.

Moved from a house from hell to a great new home with the missus. Went from working for a bastard employer to a change of career and working somewhere I really enjoy in a line of work that is just FUN. Things with the missus going from strength to strength after ironing out few minor niggles, gleefully spent hours inking myself and her too ;)

Still have nothing to do with whats left of my family - not sure if that's a positive or negative ;)

Am really looking forward to the new year, not been able to say that for a long time :)

GL HF 2007 FTW etc. :fluffle:

/edit: oh yeah I spent the large part of this year away from FH but lurked a bit now and then. You must be doing something right as I'm posting again hrhr.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Happy New Year!

2006 worked out pretty good for me, managed to get rid of a parasitic missus and am now enjoying life as a student (Though I think I've developed Tinnitus as a result of all the loud music :().

Good to hear from you btw, Xtro. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Like i said otherwere, happy easter 1987 to all my friends at freddyshouse, best regards - Wendy from Alzheimer clinic.

2006 was a bastard of a year, nothing went right, but penty went wrong. LEarned to live with crap and set it all aside and enjoy life, so it wasn't a total loss i guess.

Hoping for a better ýear and to those that had a great 06, i wish even a better '07 :)

Happy year of the bond everyone.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Indeed, happy new year to all when it arrives.

2006 was a seriously bitter sweet year for me. Lost the love of my life and suffered serious depression afterwards, but met another fantastic girl in the process that i'm crazy about and makes me so happy now. Got promoted to senior programmer, started earning serious bucks, got my own place and a new beemer. As a result of the breakup, I started eating healthy, going to the gym three times a week and packing on the muscle. 2006 changed my life forever, I hope 2007 builds on those foundations.

I wish nothing but the best to all of you, you bunch of screaming gays.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Happy New Year all!!

2006 was ok for me, nowt to grumble a lot about but, hopefully, 2007 will be a whole lot better. :D better money, *fingers crossed* anyway hope you all enjoy tonight; I know I will :p

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Happy New Year All!

For me 2006 was remarkably average, lowest point my brother in law dying at 52,highest point getting to boff yoni at will.

My hopes for 2007,peace on earth and good will to all men (and ladies too).

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Happy New Year :)

I will be here at midnight, or in bed, I feel well rough :( I have a shooting trip planned for tomorrow too, it looks windy, rainy and muddy, and I have a shit cold, which pretty much sums up 2006 for me, at least the latter part anyway.
Anyway, its a date you *****, get over it ;)

mank!

Part of the furniture
2006 has been...quick. most stuff that happened sucked.

i hate new years, i foolishly agreed to get on a minibus full of drunks tomorrow for football. i hope it's not windy and raining because it's an open stand we're in...

meh.

p.s. get yourself back on trollbane xtro

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Happy New Year

This year has been ok for me I work doing something I love, I have great friends, a great other half (love to JBP|) and my family are all alive and relitively well. My brother has had a tough year but is in good humour. So all in all I cant complain.

To you all I wish a wonderful 2007 xxxx

Muchos Love

Yoni

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
2006 was shit. This isn't surprising. I am doing nothing apart from playing world of fucking warcraft for new year's eve because I have no friends or life. 2007 will probably be shit too. :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
2006 has been a turnaround year for me... getting to grips with my depression and getting to a point where I USE the pills rather than being RULED by them... kind of hard to explain but some may understand :)

Work has been challenging with a new boss to get used to and a team working hard for me but under constant change through no fault of our own.

2007? Well, work-wise first should be able to build on last year's changes and with (hopefully) a couple of new people on board take some of the strain off others. I have new interests to balance my playing of games meaning I can mix my time on the pc with time with the family, again something I really needed to do anyway. I'll get my mini back on the road with a new hand built engine. I'll play WoW and the new expansion with my good friends in TLE, and a bit of CSS from time to time with my new KEA friends (well... known the ***** ages, just hoping for a clan invite :p ).

As for life here on FreddysHouse, I hope 2007 can see the time where we ALL get together a bit more and act less likes ***** to one another. We have a fantastic community here with alot of depth and history, so put shitty little crap aside guys and welcome 2007 aboard with a cheer! :drink:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Lost a baby, a brother and an uncle and got ripped off by my mother.

Fuck 2006.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Happy New Year.

I got some in 2006 hopefully 2007 will be the same.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wij said:

Fuck 2006.

*frees Wij from 2006*
:fluffle:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
an odd 2006, ups and downs, 2007 is the year i go home though so cant wait :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Happy new year fellas :)

2006 was by far the most terrible year I've had. A friend comitted suicide, I lost a very very close family member to cancer, and another one to progressive muscular atrophy (?). All in all a very bad year :/

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*hugs Wij*

Happy new year all of ya.

Rob

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
had this chat earlier but im not coherant enough to remember it.

i can tell you i love boobs and garlic sauce and hopefully 07 will supply me with such a combo.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Worked NYE. Again. Good night though, except for the bomb-scare a couple of doors down and the police/army/bomb-disposal closing the road for 2 hours (which meant customers couldn't actually get to our club without using a not-very-well known back route). Fun though.

2006 has been a bit shit for me. It started badly with redundancy, then I sat around for 2 months doing sfa. Then it picked up some more when I was appointed in a position that was 2 rungs higher up on the ladder than when I was made redundant. Went down a bit when I realised all the extra shit I would have to do to justify myself in this higher role. Then kind of levelled out (stagnated is a better word I think) for a couple of months. Then I was given a final written warning for something that was blatantly not my fault (true scapegoat scenario) and an absolute nobber of a manager was taken on above me. The following month or 2 were shit and not even worth talking abo... Then the manager above got fired (last week :D) and things have been great since - got trashed at work tonight and had a thoroughly good time with the management team finally feeling like a 'team' and not an 'us vs him' environment (but I suppose dropping the 'him' from the equation would have that effect :)).

But on the flipside, this greatness could soon come crashing down because I'm not 100% sure of my future with the company (in that they might be trying to get rid of me - depending on how paranoid I'm feeling at the time) but we'll see. This isn't a career, it's a bit of fun. Although I really should be thinking about the career bit at some point soon I guess.

For the first time in my life I actually feel inclined to set some resolutions with real intent to see them through - before, I've always shrugged them off and kinda drifted through doing the same old thing.

I don't know what's changed, I'm about to apply for a couple of patents outside work which could be interesting (there's going to be a "omg pls help i'm a patent noob" thread soon so stay tuned) and I also have my fingers in some slightly shady but lucrative pies. I'm 25 and I'm still not driving yet - there's something I can sort out pronto. I ran into a door handle when I was a young'un and knocked one of my front teeth back a bit but I made such a damn fuss over wearing a brace I just lived with it. I've now booked myself in a dentist (I don't even wanna think about how long it is since I've seen one) and am fixing that with a 4 hour appointment in a couple of weeks. Which I will say that I am not looking forward to.

Anyway, 4/10 overall for 06, with 07 fixing to be significantly better.

Happy New Year FH :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Spent NYE drinking champagne at Sydney Opera House and I've spent the last few months travelling and loving it, but...I lost my Dad in 2006 and all the champagne and exotic travelling in the world isn't going to make up for that.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Happy New Year all.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Louster said:
2007 will probably be shit too. :)

I love you Louster.

Not a lot has changed for me so 2006 was neither particularly good nor bad. Still a student, at the same place, only this time I'm getting paid. In fact life is exactly the same so just trying to improve small things like cooking proper meals and doing things I should have done years ago like learn to drive.

Also meant to get into the countryside more but been a bit fucked over by the weather lately. Sure it looks great in the morning but by the time I got out of bed it's constant umbrella destroying hurricanes and horizontal rain.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
HNY all!

I had a pretty good 2006, graduated from uni and got a job immediately, 2007 will be fun, living away from the 'rents more and working in random places (such as Surrey from next week).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wij said:

Fuck 2006.

Happy new year to all, and especially you Wij. Hope the new year brings you more joy than the last.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
bah Louster, you got to meet ME you daft bugger :)

Happy Noob Jeer to all! My most vervent wish is that every one of us will have a smashing year, though sadly I am not a god so I fear I can not make this come true for all no matter how much I wish it. At least I do wish it.

I had a great new-year's, as I, my girlfriend, and a bottle of fine champagne spent it together in bed :) (and we hope everyone had as good a time as we did tbh)

a BIG fluffle to those who life dealt a harsh hand in 2006, I most sincerely hope that this new year will bring change to you all.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
TdC said:
though sadly I am not a god so I fear I can not make this come true for all no matter how much I wish it. At least I do wish it.

So what exactly where all those virgin sacrifices for then?

TdC said:
I had a great new-year's, as I, my girlfriend, and a bottle of fine champagne spent it together in bed :) (and we hope everyone had as good a time as we did tbh)

Thats you done till next year then :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom