Well... I guess thats that

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by old.Atrox
ahh ok thought so. ^^

anyway QQ more.. gonna be fun to see what GOA has done when I wake up again.. may the force be with you Obi Whine.

I was amazed that you didnt flame in your post, but then you ofcouse had to edit it :rolleyes:

J

Jenna.

nice whine at 20 sec repost time and it still post, gg Derric

C

Cathul

Originally posted by old.Spug
you keep saying about DC Cathul, how did you know they were still there after you started the raid? second account?

No, getting a message like

"The forces of Midgard captured Dun Crauchon" during our raid tells me something, doesn't it?
Btw., my second account is Albion/Prydwen, too. ;)

accept that you would have received more resistance had people been able to log in.

Well, as soon as we got to the first gate there were some Mids coming up to the keep. Reloging on alts wasn't affected by the patchserver at all, so where's the problem with reloggin on alts again?
To relog onto an alt you don't have to quit the game entirely and this prevents you from the need to get in contact with the update-server.

/Cathul

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by Falcon

In saying this I'm not saying I think I agree with rolling back because I know how unfair it felt when we had them rolled back the other day but I am saying GOA will have to treat all realms equally or there's going to be a lot of VERY pissed Hibs.

thats not entirely true, no one got booted from the server, the login server went down DURING the raid and came back up DURING the raid, there were both albs and mids ingame, its true that during the raid no mids could log in, but neither could albs.
Alot of albs missed that raid, and there would have been much more if they could have logged in....

R

rynnor

<Simpsons Mode>

"...and the Mids gave a great cry of relief as the Albs took back the Str relics for they were cursed you see - now lets all celebrate with a glass of turnip juice..."

J

Jupitus

Wasn't the problem a broken router somewhere and people not reaching the updater? Did this affect all users? No. Therefore you have to assume that GOA will leave things as they are, surely?

If not, then when Jenna's ISP goes down and Jenna can't connect one day (for example) should all RvR changes be rolled back? Where do you draw the line?

Tough choice, this one :)

Personally I reckon it was Spuggy spitting on a router, again :)

O

old.Spug

To relog onto an alt you don't have to quit the game entirely and this prevents you from the need to get in contact with the update-server.
well, you say that, yet you also say you had no problems, I was chatting with a few friends at the time of the raid, and they'd relogged from alts... yet...(and get this) they couldnt get back in to the server!!! oooo!!!

but you'd know this, cos you had the same router probs eh :p

really, Cathy, as I said, accept that you'd have had more resistance had the login servers been up

X

Xeanor

Just the people that would be contacted from outside the game couldn't log on.

O

old.Spug

And jup, after getting electricuted a few times, I stopped spitting and weeing on servers :)

C

Cathul

really, Cathy, as I said, accept that you'd have had more resistance had the login servers been up

Maybe, but there would've been many more Albs, too. ;)

/Cathul

O

old.Spug

dont be silly, the other albs wouldnt have come, we'd already let on that we were sending level 6 Bonedancers to the frontiers!

I

Indiana Jones

accept that you would have received more resistance had people been able to log in.

but you also accept that the alb force might have been even bigger if albs could log on

edit: doh...was typing this msg when cathul already replied :)

C

Cathul

dont be silly, the other albs wouldnt have come, we'd already let on that we were sending level 6 Bonedancers to the frontiers!

I hope they were all kobis, they taste just sweet. :D

/Cathul

P

Petronella

Originally posted by Indiana Jones
but you also accept that the alb force might have been even bigger if albs could log on

Yeah but that never help albs :)

O

old.Spug

I said level 6 bd's... race is irrelevant, they're so overpowered we're sure to win.

J

Jupitus

And jup, after getting electricuted a few times, I stopped spitting and weeing on servers :)

.... that't not what Kemor and Zargar said ;)

C

Cathul

I said level 6 bd's... race is irrelevant, they're so overpowered we're sure to win.

So you say "nerf 'em"? :D :D

/Cathul

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by Jupitus
Wasn't the problem a broken router somewhere and people not reaching the updater? Did this affect all users? No. Therefore you have to assume that GOA will leave things as they are, surely?

If not, then when Jenna's ISP goes down and Jenna can't connect one day (for example) should all RvR changes be rolled back? Where do you draw the line?

Tough choice, this one :)

Personally I reckon it was Spuggy spitting on a router, again :)

In the case with mine ISP, hell yeah!:)

A

aveh

Re: Re: Well... I guess thats that

I love it! :D

All the mids going "There will be a rollback"

(spelt rollback, not roleback ffs)

All the albs going "There won't be a rollback"

... as if any of you have a clue what the actual determinants are that GOA uses to decide if a rollback is appropriate. Good job!

Keeps the posts flowing please, I love having started a thread that generated 67 replies (and rising) in a matter of minutes :D

B

Biermann

Let them have the str relics, never liked them anyway. As long as we can keep our three powerrelics im satisfied.

R

Roalith

It is actually possible to connect to the game and login servers without connecting to the update servers. I do it every time I log in.

Only time I do connect to the update server is when there is a patch to download.

Go figure.

G

gladvoffs

Originally posted by Cathul
Btw., my second account is Albion/Prydwen, too. ;)

And this means you can't have it stationed around DC? :p tihi

J

jollyroger

flames.jpg

L

loogiechiken

<dons troll size so' wester to avoid the dripping sarcasm....... and spug wee>

BAWK

It really matters very little what happened, there may well have been more albs and there certainly would have been more mids. I know for a fact that several people had difficulty switching chars, and besides that those with 2 accounts woudl not have been able to switch to their mains if they were playing 2nd account.

anyway as I said it matters little - we just get to take em back again.... and perhaps I can be there this time to BAWK more...... there definately wasn't enough BAWKing last time

BUKAWK

J

Jupitus

Re: Re: Re: Well... I guess thats that

Originally posted by aveh
(spelt rollback, not roleback ffs)

Establishes you as a grammar/spelling expert.... hmm ok...
... as if any of you have a clue what the actual determinants are that GOA uses to decide if a rollback is appropriate. Good job!

... so what the fuck are 'determinants'? Is that really a word?

:)

P.S. I never flame people's spelling/grammar unless they themselves flame others first ;)

G

gladvoffs

Originally posted by Biermann
Let them have the str relics, never liked them anyway. As long as we can keep our three powerrelics im satisfied.

You selfish... caster!!! :p

C

Cathul

Originally posted by gladvoffs
And this means you can't have it stationed around DC? :p tihi

No, a lvl 1 acolyte that only holds money for our guild doesn't qualify for Emain i guess. :p ;)

/Cathul

E

Eliz

Originally posted by Roalith
It is actually possible to connect to the game and login servers without connecting to the update servers. I do it every time I log in.

Only time I do connect to the update server is when there is a patch to download.

Go figure.

OMG haXX0r Roa :D

G

gladvoffs

Originally posted by Cathul
No, a lvl 1 acolyte that only holds money for our guild doesn't qualify for Emain i guess. :p ;)

/Cathul

still possible to run it trough all teh danger hiding in emain, on a lucky day :)

Users who are viewing this thread