well done to those 4 hibs

Chronictank

FH is my second home
pts in shield:
3 - Numb: 2 second stun
8 - Stun: Opening:You block, 3 second stun
13 - Disable: Opening: side, 4 Second Stun
18 (2 pts more than the average 16)- Incapacitate: Opening: You Block, 5 second stun

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
He can't dish out enough damage in that 3-4-5 seconds of stun to finish me imo, and you're all asuming that any class without end regen can't use a 2 min end regen potion for duels? /shrug...

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
He can't dish out enough damage in that 3-4-5 seconds of stun to finish me imo, and you're all asuming that any class without end regen can't use a 2 min end regen potion for duels? /shrug...

Chantalas is good, I know he is because I fought him several times, this guy lasts forever. I never met you 1vs1 so I have no idea of how you perform. Make this verbal duel come alive in Thidranki-looking forward to hear the outcome. And if you want to duel my zerk just let me know.

Good luck fighting

Embra

Cuteandhugable

Fledgling Freddie
Strega said:
Chantalas is good, I know he is because I fought him several times, this guy lasts forever. I never met you 1vs1 so I have no idea of how you perform. Make this verbal duel come alive in Thidranki-looking forward to hear the outcome. And if you want to duel my zerk just let me know.

Good luck fighting

Embra

trust me Naylan is a strong thats why we wub him in our grp :D btw my new VW is up ad its strong Naylan ill think even you will have trouble killing it anyways looking farward to make some albs cry some more on FH about how we zerg in 4 man/women grp :kissit:

Cawr

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Hi there mate! I bet you for 2 plat I can take out any buffed pally with my valewalker...Wanna bet? Arrange a time and meeting and I'll be there...bufed versus buffed or unbuffed versus unbuffed...How I wanna do that.?? I'll tell you one thing, VW's got insta snare and lifetap...the rest, you can figure it out yourself.

Granted its all about the player, but I see a duel/meeting between a VW and a Paladin going somthing like this.

So spot pally, lifetap lifetap lifetap, (less if said pally has decided to taunt) pally in range clubs you. You insta-snare sprint off, mean-while pally has flicked endy on and is also sprinting - now while a 35% snare will slow him he will still end up very close behind you (depending on how long you sprint ofc but I'm going to assume your going to want somthing left to style with) and with more end. You get one lifetap off, unless the pally saved the taunt til now and even if he didn't that nuke will have broken snare and you'd be lucky to get off a second.

Okay now lets say those 4-5 taps and dots have left mista pally on 40-50%, this is where he excels. You'll more than likely be on low end (end pot would cure this, but lol pots in bg1), he will have an unlimited supply, he has the highest possible attainable AF in bg1 and if his sc has capped his melee resistances your really not going to hit him for that much. He'll just grind you down unless he has a really hurrendous run on blocks. Also as pointed out before he could just engage you to regen hits.

You obviously see it differently but you've made a few mistakes when acting out your scenario;

Thegreatest said:
with the disease he can twist as he want but he can't heal himself.
Disease does not effect the amount a pallie's heal chant heals for.

Thegreatest said:
just fight till I'm on 50% hp and he's on whatever hp...Just insta snare, run off/go max lifetap range, keep casting lifetap till he's back in melee. He can use his aggro shout to interrupt me but at the moment that he does that, just run a bit further as the snare has kinda long duration and his shout has a 30 sec recast
If the pally has any sense he'll wait til you cast one tap. Therefore breaking the snare, then taunt you and close you down.

Thegreatest said:
and you're all asuming that any class without end regen can't use a 2 min end regen potion for duels? /shrug...

While not a mistake as such I personally think using pots in a duel situation to be horribly lame. Your suppose to be using all your classes abilities to win, not relying on your local alchemist. The pally could have charges on his shield and use that to interuppt your dds, aswell as his taunt - which would be silly.

Anyway its late I was bored and there are so many variables to count for that such a meeting could end up going either way ;)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Chantalas can be good, but he's not god or unbeatable is he?? I mean you're all acting like he's godlike and is invincible so I would love to duel him to see if he's really godlike, and with some common sense I can come to the conclusion that I have a fair chance against a paladin being a valewalker. I'm not a noob that doesnt know the paladins abbilities, I've leveled 2 characters on albion over lvl 50 and groupped with paladins a lot and I've duelled with them on my armsman. Even with gimpy armor I could beat all 3 of the pally's I've duelled with my armsman, maybe they were noob, maybe I had used my brains to win...You're all saying that a pally has the best AF of all and such but Valewalkers armor isnt bad. It's cloth but with self buffs I've got 24% absorb (almost like chain armor, with the little + that cloth is neutral to all) and with the AF buff I dont have any less AF compared to regular tanks. And why may I not use end regen in duels, if you're saying that we should completely rely on the class abbilities, well then lets forbid weapon procs too then. Like when someone in rvr or thidranki meets a paladin they're gonna think "oh I may not use an end regen potion, it's forbidden!". Aren't we testing here what a vw against a paladin will do when they meet in rvr? And regarding the melee resists, doesnt the same apply for me too?

Shame I've spend some minutes on typing another reply again, cause really I've been too busy with work and other real life stuff to even think about daoc..I'll see if I have some spare time on sunday to let this duel happen, otherwise I really dont care that much that class A owns class B...cause I (probably) won't be playing daoc again anyway (but I will try my best to let this duel happen!).

Cawr

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
I'm not a noob that doesnt know the paladins abbilities, I've leveled 2 characters on albion over lvl 50 and groupped with paladins a lot and I've duelled with them on my armsman. Even with gimpy armor I could beat all 3 of the pally's I've duelled with my armsman, maybe they were noob, maybe I had used my brains to win...

If a paladin looses to an Armsman of equal rr and level he should be shot, between blocks, parries and misses an Armsman cannot do enough damage to kill a double healing Paladin.

Thegreatest said:
You're all saying that a pally has the best AF of all

They do and I never said the VW's armour would be "bad".

Thegreatest said:
And why may I not use end regen in duels, if you're saying that we should completely rely on the class abbilities, well then lets forbid weapon procs too then. Like when someone in rvr or thidranki meets a paladin they're gonna think "oh I may not use an end regen potion, it's forbidden!". Aren't we testing here what a vw against a paladin will do when they meet in rvr? And regarding the melee resists, doesnt the same apply for me too?

Like I said in the previous post I belive it to be lame to use potions and charges in a "duel" - not general RvR, if you want to test what happens when a VW just meets a Pally I agree anything goes. On the subject of the melee resists, he doesn't have to hit you hard to kill you as you can't heal yourself in combat.

Anyway do tell the result of teh duel!

Pine

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
This post kinda reminds me of me tinneth snowslash and deadredeye playing bg i think it was on prydwen as mids -

Yeah i know - over powered etc but we had some fun - we was inside the ck which ofc was ours :p and there was 2 / 3 fgs of albs attacking - we had mebbe a fg inside the keep and me and the 3 lads went onto the ramparts and jumped over the back wall of the ck - i played a skald and tinn and snow played a warrior and i cant recall if dead played a shammy - not sure was a while - anyways was good fun - we healed up and came up behind the zerg and killed a few healers and ported in a did the same thing over and over - good times -

soz for irrelevance - just memories :cheers:

Deadredeye here - aye ronso was crezze in all fairness just so you know i was a zerker at the time that teqnique never really fails at the time tinneth was playing a skald me and him done the excat same thing and killed 5 albs including a paly might i add :cheers:

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Pine said:
Deadredeye here - aye ronso was crezze in all fairness just so you know i was a zerker at the time that teqnique never really fails at the time tinneth was playing a skald me and him done the excat same thing and killed 5 albs including a paly might i add :cheers:

Good times fella :)

Wanna live them again ? Come camlann with me and tinneth - you know I got ya armour and weapons ready on the hope you drag ure ass down there :p

Tinneth pwns bds for breakfast - its great to watch :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom