C

Craft

On behalf of Albion im sorry for teh stealth zerg :p

Did you keep going back? :)

Nice Screens tho hehe.

T

Talann Nastyman

Aha I see my man Nastymann

Some nice screenshots there, I think i had the killing blow on two of you.
Come back and take ck please, its much less boring when you have it and there are loads aof hibbies on.

It is so boring when we albs have ck.

Not enough food to go round us infi's

B

BlitheringIdiot

Re: Aha I see my man Nastymann

Originally posted by andyjs
Some nice screenshots there, I think i had the killing blow on two of you.
Come back and take ck please, its much less boring when you have it and there are loads aof hibbies on.

It is so boring when we albs have ck.

Not enough food to go round us infi's

So use some initiative and have decent fights with those that do turn up. Take it in turns to jump people, heck perhaps even duel and let them live at the end. That way they will come back...

It cant be any more fun for you than it is for us so why keep doing it?

D

dracus

might be a noobish question :) but how do u make all ur boxes transparent? :) can only do it with a few of mine...(usin right click and settin that to 0) i waaaaaaaaannna know :p

/Dracus

K

khaldhor

You can set them to transparent in the options menu where you char slots are :)

B

BlitheringIdiot

Interface -> Then click on 'SI layout', it becomes 'classic layout' then click again and it becomes 'transparent'.

Its really crap in the snow though.

C

Conchabar

ive seen bigger stealther zergs in thid tbh most fotm n00bs etc

F

Faeldawn

At least one pally, a scout and a friar (?) there, looks more like a fg than a zerg to me, then again everytime someone gets pwned by a fg they cry zerg :rolleyes:

C

Conchabar

when my bd gets zerged there all stealthers :p

edit

oc ppl who rnt in the stealther grp often add 2 :p

E

Eltharion

Originally posted by Faeldawn
At least one pally, a scout and a friar (?) there, looks more like a fg than a zerg to me, then again everytime someone gets pwned by a fg they cry zerg :rolleyes:

well...if 7 - 8 stealthers group isnt a stealth zerg i dont know what...

a stealth zerg and a ordinary zerg doesnt have the equal amount of people you know?

3fg+ would be considered a zerg if non stealthers...

a fg of stealters camping together would be considered a stealth zerg

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Eltharion
well...if 7 - 8 stealthers group isnt a stealth zerg i dont know what...

a stealth zerg and a ordinary zerg doesnt have the equal amount of people you know?

3fg+ would be considered a zerg if non stealthers...

a fg of stealters camping together would be considered a stealth zerg

Disagree with almost everything you just said.

A fg is a fg (8 peeps) a zerg is a zerg (3fg+ imo, agree here).

Doesnt matter what class they are, zerg is an indication of numbers, not classes.

E

Eltharion

well your opinion is your freedom..so stick with that ok?

O

old.job

I have an idea, if you go for stealth you only get a 'level15' command.

Please please please Mythic :)

E

Ekydus

You call that a stealth zerg?

You've never seen the Brehon Army in Odin's Gate then.

E

Eltharion

Originally posted by old.job
I have an idea, if you go for stealth you only get a 'level15' command.

Please please please Mythic :)

lol xD

E

Eltharion

as far as im concerned no, as far as your concerned yes... :)

O

old.job

For the first time ever I lost interest in DAOC last night, after 5 times on the run, meeting a grp of Albs at the CK, starting a fight only to have 4 stealthers appear and wipe us all out.

Stealthers kill casters with such ludicrous ease, they just wait till we have started to cast and wack. There is no fight, no plan, no strategy, it's about as much fun as a PC lock up, if we had been jumped by any other char we would say, twats!! lets get em back, stealthers just make you log off.

I just logged and did something in RL more rewarding.

I'm past whining, it's pointless, stealth is just a crap idea, it takes the fun out of the game, for everyone except them.

T

Talann Nastyman

sorry but then again

I tend to agree, being a stealther on a caster is fun. However, try being a stealther lining up your kill, only for some nasty magic user to to a pbaoe spell and uncover you - pretty much instant death when uncovered.
Traditionally since a stealther is usually alone (well mine are for 85% of the time) - there is no rez available. Unlike you would be if you were grouped.

For us stealthers there are also the pesky pets that uncover you if you get to close.

Also may I suggest that since it is traditionally a team game, if you are a vulnerable character for a stealther, that maybe your stealthers scout out in front of you and protect your ass from the Nastymann that will come and PA you.
It's quite surprising when you move up to your target to then have a sb or ns popup just before you egt to the wiz.

Each class has it's nemesis, thats the game. If you don't enjoy being killed easily don't go out in the open without appropriate protection.

O

old.job

I am aware of all the methods for protection, we were just outnumbered overall at the time, but if that stealther zerg had been visible characters the fight would have lasted longer, more fun on both sides, as it was we all the casters died 1 hit each in 5 secs
:rolleyes:

E

Eltharion

so funneh Faeldawn...

and seems like your the only one classing a fg of stealther as a perfect acceptable thing, and not a stealth zerg...

so let the majority decide :)

F

Faeldawn

so funneh Faeldawn...

and seems like your the only one classing a fg of stealther as a perfect acceptable thing, and not a stealth zerg...

so let the majority decide :)

I class a FG as a FG, no matter what the composition, 8 players is still 8 players, even though only 6 stealthers are viewable in your screenies and one of those is a scout, and 6 isnt even a fg, let alone a zerg.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Its the ratio that matters, lets say its 9:00 in the morning, you will find 1-2 people from each realm. You're telling me if people were running as a full group and tramplnig you, you wouldnt consider that zerging?

I have no problem with stealther groups (ive been in them) but only when they take out other groups. Its just that 90% of the time they dont, they sit and jump smaller numbers than them or leech off of the non-stealthers.

(One more point to Eltharion, Faeldawn you look like you're loosing ;))

E

Eltharion

Originally posted by Faeldawn
I'm a ranger, im used to it :)

ranger gimped?...never :)

unwanted in every aspect of the word, could be...gimped, nah ;)

anyways, a pleasure meeting you Faeldawn :p

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
Its the ratio that matters, lets say its 9:00 in the morning, you will find 1-2 people from each realm. You're telling me if people were running as a full group and tramplnig you, you wouldnt consider that zerging?

I have no problem with stealther groups (ive been in them) but only when they take out other groups. Its just that 90% of the time they dont, they sit and jump smaller numbers than them or leech off of the non-stealthers.

(One more point to Eltharion, Faeldawn you look like you're loosing ;))

couldnt agree more, if stealh groups would jump another full group or at least 5-6 people it would seem fair, instead of only take weak secured kills like 1-2 solo people...but guess thats the entire point of being a stealther, being able to make it your rules on the playing ground ;)...just wish stealthers would stick more to max 3 people at a time...and especially in the wee hours :)

oh well, wajning to a wall does no good ;)...and i still enjoy the game very much..so who gives a damn

F

Faeldawn

ranger gimped?...never :)

unwanted in every aspect of the word, could be...gimped, nah ;)

anyways, a pleasure meeting you Faeldawn :p

Now that was just uncalled for.

However, i should expect no less i guess, i supply a constuctive and viable argument (i really dont consider 6 players a zerg, especially when its 6v3) and you resort to name calling.

How silly of me to expect any less of someone on Barryswhinge :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread