Welcome home lag

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm looks like they cleaned the coca cola from the router atm...no noticable spike in the last 10 minutes

Or maybe they kicked the techie who was downloading 15Gig of pron

Cmos

Fledgling Freddie
Gayner said:
and as for a free day, you should give all the poeople who were on the dragon raid tonight a free respec.

Hear Hear... i really needed that respec (lag still very bad)

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
ATM with Telia 8MB, Sweden ... WOW = NO LAGG, CS servers all over europe = NO LAGG, WOW US = NO LAGG, EQ2 = NO LAGG, CoH = NO LAGG, Pingplotter to various big companys the last hour = good values ....... DAOC EU - Prydwen = Unplayabe. :( :( :(

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Zlugugg Benvis said:
ATM with Telia 8MB, Sweden ... WOW = NO LAGG, CS servers all over europe = NO LAGG, WOW US = NO LAGG, EQ2 = NO LAGG, CoH = NO LAGG, Pingplotter to various big companys the last hour = good values ....... DAOC EU - Prydwen = Unplayabe. :( :( :(

Wow had huge lags about 30 mins ago too

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Oboy said:
hardtodetect.JPG

nuff said

are you utterly fucking stupid?

if you have lag from router->goa network then YOU WILL GET HIGH PINGS TO THE GOA NETWORK
(like healer mcheal has)

now requiel has said above that it might well be lag within their network however not everyone is having problems in the same place and pingplotting will narrow it down.

Of course you can sit and play with paint with your tinfoil hat on instead if you really think that GOA are intentionally making everyone lag.

Sheesh.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
oh and the lag that was almost constant earlier for me appears to have mostly gone now...

running pingplot though.

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Of course you can sit and play with paint with your tinfoil hat on instead if you really think that GOA are intentionally making everyone lag.

Sheesh.

I doubt anyone thinks it is intentional. But i think in his frustration he wanted to make it clear it was (yes is gone atm also still running ping plot) GOA. Think the comment from Requiel that they didnt see anything bad internally altho the pings showed it frustrated alot of people

On prydwen every GG that was running logged so much for another nice evening of RvR

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
What a surprise .. it's the same people screaming d0000m d0000m d0000000m again at the first spot of lag.

Guess it will be the same people keeping their heads cool and actually being constructive to counter the flamemonkeys as well then.

And yes I have horrible lag as well ... running pingplotter and will send it in before I go to bed.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
goa%20lagggggg.JPG

as you can see teh packet loss is sick from the looks of it.. if all teh servers are getting the same lag.. the mian rooter/ rooters between Wanadoo and GoA seam to be fauly proberly a faulty module :eek: but you never can tell with these things untill you get our of your chair and look :p

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Quinlan said:
I doubt anyone thinks it is intentional. But i think in his frustration he wanted to make it clear it was (yes is gone atm also still running ping plot) GOA. Think the comment from Requiel that they didnt see anything bad internally altho the pings showed it frustrated alot of people

I agree with quinlan 100% here.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
are you utterly fucking stupid?

if you have lag from router->goa network then YOU WILL GET HIGH PINGS TO THE GOA NETWORK
(like healer mcheal has)

now requiel has said above that it might well be lag within their network however not everyone is having problems in the same place and pingplotting will narrow it down.

Sheesh.

if u look closely the router is within paris opentransit (the jump before u reach servers firewall)
all i did was pointing goa to the error (one phonecall to there isp should fix it)
now go ban yourself for calling ppl stupid when u are teh fool
and NO goa dont cause lag intentially but they will never ever admit something they done bad.

and btw my paintskillz > ur ass licking

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Quinlan said:
Think the comment from Requiel that they didnt see anything bad internally altho the pings showed it frustrated alot of people

Requiel never meant to deny (nor confirm) it's a problem in our internal network. He was just telling you what our investigations had told us thus far.

We get a lot of pingplots and they show different stories. A lot show problems in the last couple of hubs and some show problems further "up" in the Opentransit network. I Have seen problems with routers in Amsterdam, Londen and yes a lot in Paris as well.

So to make it clear: We are NOT denying it's a problem in our network. And like the last time we had a problem in our network, if this is the case today, we will admit this openly and even compensate the time again without a doubt.

We jumped on top of this problem as soon as it became apparent to us. We got a lot of pingplots already and really appreciate the support. Keep your eyes on these boards and on the official site for more news.

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
Requiel never meant to deny (nor confirm) it's a problem in our internal network. He was just telling you what our investigations had told us thus far.

I understand that. But you have to realise is is purely a text forum and interpretation is up to every individual. As you and Req probably noticed a gazillion times anything you post here will be warped/twisted and screwed 3 times.

It is the nature of FH. But at least good to see 2 GM's post in here. For me it means you have taps on it. Now if you really want to make people happy (and yes people will still whine whatever you do) it would be nice to know what has changed since it seems fine atm.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
what did you exactly do on that maintance of your s a couple of day's ago ? =)

cause it seems it's after that it started

Pihls

Fledgling Freddie
Pingplotter

are isnt that good as its show the traffic going towards the server and back
that create a hell alot of traffic

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Requiel,

been running pingplotter from 21cet till 23cet tonight. Every single lagspike occured on either wanadooportails-1.GW.opentransit.net, 193.252.122.14 or 193.252.123.177 wich is Prywden.
I rightnowed you providing every major spike occuring during that period of time.

Hope you gonna get things done fast. It isnt any fun to play as it is now.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Zedenz said:
Unplayable again at the moment, who will GOA blame the problems on this time?

Place your bets now!

Yr such a noob, dont you realise its GoA's free gift for long term players. shheeshh where have u been.. :wub:

:m00:

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
What a surprise .. it's the same people screaming d0000m d0000m d0000000m again at the first spot of lag.

Guess it will be the same people keeping their heads cool and actually being constructive to counter the flamemonkeys as well then.

And yes I have horrible lag as well ... running pingplotter and will send it in before I go to bed.

What a surprise... its the same person screaming about othere people screaming dooooooom. Which very few people seem to be doing.

Which job are you after? The one with GOA or the one as a MOD for FH?

Now while I cannot bring myself to blame GOA for every incident of lag on the web I can understand peoples frustration at being unable to play.
It may very well not be GOA's fault.
But because people cannot play to a level of satisfaction for whatever reason they will vent their frustration on the easiest target.

You seem to have found a niche market for yourself moaning about people moaning.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Oboy said:
if u look closely the router is within paris opentransit (the jump before u reach servers firewall)
all i did was pointing goa to the error (one phonecall to there isp should fix it)
now go ban yourself for calling ppl stupid when u are teh fool
and NO goa dont cause lag intentially but they will never ever admit something they done bad.

and btw my paintskillz > ur ass licking

I should probably ban you for mod baiting and give you a holiday which you can use productively to go learn to read.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
You seem to have found a niche market for yourself moaning about people moaning.

Which puts you in the market of moaning about people that moan at people that moan?

And rofl @ me being after a job... just because I choose to not go along with the d00msayers I am automaticly kissing arse? If only the world was that easy :(

And nah I perfectly like the job I have atm

York

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Not true. We pay for hosting and bandwidth to our servers. If a router in London or Amsterdam goes wobbly that's nothing to do with the hosting contract we have and we have no kind of authority to demand it's fixed. We can send the company involved info to show there's a problem but until that proof is forthcoming (to their satisfaction not ours) it won't get fixed. If it is our network we need to see where the problem is - we have no internal reports of problems and many people are not experiencing any lag at all - which is some confirmation that it's most likely a routing issue from outside our network.

If it were possible to fix it immediately we would have done so. It isn't in our interests to have problems like this continue.

In AC yesterday .. 4 people in a group, 1 from denmark, 2 from uk and one from sweden we all suffered the same lag spike for the same amount of time and all said at the same time 'laaaaaaagg!'.
This is just one of many times this has happened.

You can look at all the other options (eg outside of your network) all you like but i find it extremely unlikely, if not impossible for us 4 to have a router problem in different parts of the world at the same time and for the same length of time unless we are coming through the same router, which would be opentransit or the servers themselves.

Just to also confirm, i play alot of other games without any lag what so ever.

This is the common situation for your customers Requiel.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
York said:
You can look at all the other options (eg outside of your network) all you like but i find it extremely unlikely, if not impossible for us 4 to have a router problem in different parts of the world at the same time and for the same length of time unless we are coming through the same router, which would be opentransit or the servers themselves.
But that's just it. You probably are coming through the same routers. When you connect to a server a long way away, you go first through a series of small local/regional hubs to get to an international hub, then you bounce through international hubs till you're reasonably local to the server you're trying to reach then you'll go through some smaller hubs to get to the server. For anyone connecting to the servers from a long distance, no matter from where, the last 4-8 hops are likely to be very close if not identical.

As of this morning we think the problem has been located and we are working to get it fixed. Unfortunately it isn't in our network. I say unfortunately because if it was we could just fix it ourselves. As it is we have to prod the company involved to do so.

York

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
As of this morning we think the problem has been located and we are working to get it fixed. Unfortunately it isn't in our network. I say unfortunately because if it was we could just fix it ourselves. As it is we have to prod the company involved to do so.

Thats good news, and i stand corrected.

Zaffa

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
But that's just it. You probably are coming through the same routers. When you connect to a server a long way away, you go first through a series of small local/regional hubs to get to an international hub, then you bounce through international hubs till you're reasonably local to the server you're trying to reach then you'll go through some smaller hubs to get to the server. For anyone connecting to the servers from a long distance, no matter from where, the last 4-8 hops are likely to be very close if not identical.

well... it can hardly be news to ya that opentransit is nothing but a bunch of wankers...

why dont you get a decent ISP? i mean... even the lame small tele companies we have here in denmark can ditch up better bandwidth/lag times, so a million ppl city like paris should surly have something better?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Zaffa said:
why dont you get a decent ISP? i mean... even the lame small tele companies we have here in denmark can ditch up better bandwidth/lag times, so a million ppl city like paris should surly have something better?

This has been discussed over and over and over again ...

OT is not an ISP it's the company that provides the backbone in france and in large sections of europe actually ... no real way to 'bypass' them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom