Phones Weird mobile signal problem

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
All,

I've moved house (new build) and my mobile signal is acting very strange indeed ranging from reasonably full signal to absolutely jack shit. My missus' mobile exhibits something similar (I'm on 3, she's on GiffGaff) except her signal is stuck on GPRS even though there is an o2 mast within spitting distance of the house (her signal is shit in the street) - o2's coverage suggest 4G and 3G should be good indoors, and 3's coverage should be the same for me. Except, it's awful for us both. I'm starting to think there's an issue with interference, or something up with the cell / masts?

I downloaded an app that tracked my signal to demonstrate:

Screenshot_2014-12-10-19-44-50~2.jpg

That graph is me just sitting in the same place in the living room over a two to three minute period where I had a pretty decent signal which weakened then died. It came back suddenly and died again. Shortly after, it was strong again.

Please help? :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
feedback.png

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Please hellllllpppp.

I'm starting to think it's the double glazing in the house; they've got a weird blue coating on them for heat retention.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Does the signal improve if you open the windows wide? I would've thought that it would be constantly bad unless you open or close the windows halfway through (if it was the double glazing causing it).

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
was there any coinciding with electrical activity of yourself or others? washing machine, that kind of stuff?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It has nothing to do with your windows. Your home either has weak reception, multipath propagation caused by multiple hard surfaces (other buildings, cars, etc), or another device is broadcasting across the same bandwidth (including faulty equipment). I suggest you look at buying a femtocell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom