Weird Ingame Habits?

D

Dook_Pug

Just thought I'd make a post to share some of my funny ingame habits in the futile hope that I'm not the only one playing this game that does utterly pointless things for no reason whatsoever. :>

Camera Panning... When panning my camera view I HAVE to pan the camera the same distance in the opposite direction to my initial pan before resetting the view. Don't ask why 'coz I dunno. ;p

Everything on my screen has to be the in the exact same place on all my characters. If one box is more than a few millimetres out of place I can't play until it's absolutely perfect. Playing characters with/without pets can be a pain! ;>

Before leaving Ligen on any RvR run I have to cast all my selfbuffs in the same order and they all have to be queued, otherwise I recast them. Again, don't ask why 'coz I dunno. :|

When crafting I have to buy the exact amount of parts to make an even number of items, and when the time comes to sell, I must have an even amount of items to sellback...

Probably my weirdest and most unnescesarry habit would have to be my obsession with having everything in my backpack in it's place. When I use a potion I move them all up one place in my pack or it plays on my mind and makes me want to scream. :eek:

Please tell me I'm not the only complete nutter who plays this game. :<

S

Sharma

When i place menus around the borders of the menus have JUST touch each other, i have to spend like half an hour doing it each time i make a new char

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by gengi
OCD perhaps ?

Later

Probably, yea... :eek:

Not like this at all IRL though, s'just ingame. oO

S

Sharma

Aha...

well, if you saw the state of my room...you would definately know i dont have that :)

O

old.Tohtori

I just can't play if i don't have a monitor infront of me. I really can't see myself playing without one. Also, for some odd reason i have to have my mouse on the right side of my keyboard. I know i'm righthanded but still. A chair is a must! Or a cushion..or a soft spot on the floor..like a mat. I don't know..maybe i'm a bit loonie but i like to have someone under the table to give me foot massages(or whatnot) when i play. It's fun.

X

xrn

I always spam my 'torch' button, dunno why... looks kinda funny on the videos i record though.

S

scarffs

Other then that i hate when I play with no sound ( at work ) occasionally no real weird shit like you guys.
I tend to put the windows in the same place also with different characters, but thats it.

S

Shike

Originally posted by Dook_Pug
Just thought I'd make a post to share some of my funny ingame habits in the futile hope that I'm not the only one playing this game that does utterly pointless things for no reason whatsoever. :>

Camera Panning... When panning my camera view I HAVE to pan the camera the same distance in the opposite direction to my initial pan before resetting the view. Don't ask why 'coz I dunno. ;p

Everything on my screen has to be the in the exact same place on all my characters. If one box is more than a few millimetres out of place I can't play until it's absolutely perfect. Playing characters with/without pets can be a pain! ;>

Before leaving Ligen on any RvR run I have to cast all my selfbuffs in the same order and they all have to be queued, otherwise I recast them. Again, don't ask why 'coz I dunno. :|

When crafting I have to buy the exact amount of parts to make an even number of items, and when the time comes to sell, I must have an even amount of items to sellback...

Probably my weirdest and most unnescesarry habit would have to be my obsession with having everything in my backpack in it's place. When I use a potion I move them all up one place in my pack or it plays on my mind and makes me want to scream. :eek:

Please tell me I'm not the only complete nutter who plays this game. :<

lol!

F

fl3a

ALL the drops in my inventory have to be on the last page, all the potions on the first page.

i ALWAYS have to keep zooming camera out/panning to some strange angle and then resetting it

i cant stand it when i cast buffs/selfbuffs in the wrong order (all my chars with buffs have exact same kind of buffing bar)

G

Garaen

I always put item's in the bottom sack of my bag, and i always put pot's in the bag above that :p Also in my vault most of my item's are in an order, ie leather together, or weapons together. :D

O

old.tRoG

1. I tend to just run around in circles alot, spamming GC
  2. Everything in my backpack needs to be in order - No gaps!
  3. All my boxes have to be the same on every char.
  4. I must /slap Chobb at least three times a day
  5. /stick, sprint, etc. Have to be in the same place on every char.
  6. I always seem to end up lying in a pool of my own blood, at the feet of a redcon monster. I could be in Vasudheim when this happens. It happens all the time.
  7. My characters must have speed :)
  8. The windows must be touching each other. Surely everyone does that.
  9. I keep attempting to pause the game.
    [/list=1]

O

old.job

I always play zoomed out, so my char is really small.

If I spin round the camera I can never get it straight again, no matter how much I fiddle I have to press D to reset, then zoom out again, even if I have got it right I become obsessed I haven't.

P

parisienscot

I get what you mean about the camera zooming and panning - so many times I've been panning the camera around to keep an eye out for enemies, and then I get annoyed that it's maybe just a millimetre off so I start fiddling with the buttons and don't even notice I've been insta mezzed and pbaoed.

As I play a pac healer this is probably quite disturbing news for my friends ;)

O

old.Tohtori

Forgot to mention this strange thing..any time i see a hib or an alb i tend to atleast try and kill it. Most the time i want to kill it but..sometimes they bugger off :p

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by old.tRoG
5. /stick, sprint, etc. Have to be in the same place on every char.
Well they should be by default, as the keyboard mapping is the same for every character on your account... If you're suggesting that you still have these on your quickbars, you should be thrown over the walls of Svasud Faste to be brutally beaten to death by Savages and 'Zerkers!

D

Dook_Pug

Hehe, took me ages to lose the habit of having /stick and /face on my quickbar.

Although I still have /stick on my Chanters QB but that's more for convenience. ><

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Dook_Pug

Although I still have /stick on my Chanters QB but that's more for convenience. ><

Yes I imagine chanter quickbars have lots of spare spaces :flame:

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by parisienscot
Yes I imagine chanter quickbars have lots of spare spaces :flame:

You'd be surprised tbh. :l

Use more spells on my Chanter than I ever did on my Runemaster. :>

H

Harhr

i tend to be changing the camera angle all the time and spamming f11

when playing a stealther i MUST emote people when im stealthed and i get a kick when im trying to hide from em when they run around the mg's and look for me.

i also always have the qbars on same places on every char.

E

eynar

I used to be a bit too fanatic on finding the optimal interface arrangement...should be some old threads by me on the subject somewhere on these boards....

Oh, and I still have /stick and /face on my quickbars too
:D Although I did bind them to a key as well, but the problem is I can't get used to quickbars without some custom macro's on them, don't ask me why :rolleyes:

L

liste

make /macro /stick /y USE THE x KEY FOR /STICKING YOU TART!
etc

You'll learn surprisingly fast ;p

A

arrakeen

stick is mapped to a key but, /face i cant get use to so stil use a macro for that :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by parisienscot
I get what you mean about the camera zooming and panning - so many times I've been panning the camera around to keep an eye out for enemies, and then I get annoyed that it's maybe just a millimetre off so I start fiddling with the buttons and don't even notice I've been insta mezzed and pbaoed.

As I play a pac healer this is probably quite disturbing news for my friends ;)

Uh-huh :D

O

old.SadonTheGrey

omg dook, the things u listed are so true. only one i don't suffer from is the camera panning :p

another thing about self buffs is that i have to recast them every time we stop, or even before we start... e.g. if waiting at apk and we leave so i buff then we stop 20 seconds later i have to recast or i start pulling hair out :/ In the right order, ofc :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom