Holiday Weekend trip to london, need advice!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
All depends what you want to do.

If you've got deep pockets, make a reservation at Hakkasan. Its one of my favourite restaurants. With hotels, you get what you pay for. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys. The Holiday Inns & Travelodges are fine for one night stays for businessmen but if you want a decent room with a bit of luxury (nice if you're taking a lass for a dirty weekend) and dedicated staff and flawless service, its going to cost. The Lanesborough do a nice suite for £15,000 a night. Ahem, seriously, though, the Sandersons Hotel on Berners Street have nice rooms. Great location. Or try the Hempel Hotel in Craven Hill Gardens. Whichever hotel you go for, you'll want to bung the concierge and if they're any good, they'll get you into the clubs, bars & restaurants most ppl have to queue for.

Drinking & Nightlife: Shoreditch / Soho / Covent Garden
Comedy: Jongleurs, Camden Lock
Theatres / Movies: Covent Garden / Shaftesbury Avenue / IMAX cinema Waterloo
Shopping: Bond Street, Knightsbridge, Oxford Street / Westfield Shepherds Bush (10 minutes from our house :D)
Cafes & Boutique Shops: Primrose Hill / Hampstead / Notting Hill
Tourist Shit: Parliament Sq / Buck Palace / Tour buses
Sports: Maybe get tickets to see Arsenal / Chelsea / Fulham play?

Check out Time Out Magazine.

Oh, and don't be tempted to jump into a car where the bloke is saying "minicab, boss" at 3am outside a Soho bar. And even the regulated minicabs drive like arseholes and are entirely reliant on satnav. Always use a proper licensed London taxi. You'll pay more, but you'll be in safe hands.

Last edited:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
National Gallery if you're into that sort of thing is absolutely fantastic. Agree with DaGaffer on eats. I'd do Westfields for shopping personally as Oxford Street is overrated these days. Worth getting a river boat at some point if you get the chance as its just a nice journey.

Chilly

Balls of steel
National Gallery if you're into that sort of thing is absolutely fantastic. Agree with DaGaffer on eats. I'd do Westfields for shopping personally as Oxford Street is overrated these days. Worth getting a river boat at some point if you get the chance as its just a nice journey.
Get a night time one if the weather is good, the lights are excellent.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Lots of usefull information there Lamp! I will definitly use it for our weekend trip. Oh, and how many of our dear freddies live in London? I'd love to buy you a beer one of the days :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
You can buy me a beer on all of the days! I'm out in West London and work in Shoreditch, which is just East of The City.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
you realize you are setting yourself up for a date with a rag soaked with chloroform / rohypnol / cum eh? ;)
Thats why I wanted one local to come with us :D

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Is it easy to get to places in london? Tried to pick a hotel that was very central, but I suppose everything is not within walking distance :D

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Is it easy to get to places in london? Tried to pick a hotel that was very central, but I suppose everything is not within walking distance :D

Yes, you just whistle for an owl, they swoop down and pick you up, just hoot at them where you want to go and they'll drop you off.

You will need dead mice as payment, but you will find them just strewn around the gutters in London, now the Olympics is over, they don't get swept up anymore

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Awesome! Can't wait to try out these owl's :p

Nate

FH is my second home
Also nimbus clouds can be used but they're a bit more expensive.

Have you booked your tea with the Queen yet? Best get in early to beat the Germans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom