Holiday Weekend trip to london, need advice!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Hello there dear FH,

This january I am bringing a girl over for a weekend trip to london, and thought that I might ask you bright brits for some advice.

We will be there from thursday til monday, and I need things to fill up the days with. She is a little bit younger then me(3 years) at the age of 22. So with things to do is probably involving shopping(GAH) and drinking(good places to be), + she enjoys crime literature so maybe some shit to watch in the evening?

As a damn good FHer I am even adding a picture(Its the one to the far right, and no got no idea who that dude is).

169090_10150365193710290_5781496_n.jpg

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Also if you have any good hotels to recommend :D

opticle

Part of the furniture
Also dude, if you're going to London, go to the theatre if you can get tix for something good :) Girls love that shit.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I want to visit your country Chosen :)

TdC

Cheers dude, that's really kind! I've been in the south, up to about Geiranger. I want to get up in the north country to see what there is to see :)

TdC

oh and on topic... dunno if you should actually eat there, but I had a huge laugh on Brick Lane the last time I was in LDN chatting with the curry pimps...just so funny :D

I had a smashing meal in a place called Rosemary Lane. It's on the corner of Royal Mint Street. It's kind of low-key (I'm not in to really flash things tbh) and the prices are as crazy as you want them to be. Edit: tbh I'd take a girl there for a nice 1:1 meal...it's "that" kind of atmosphere. If you wanted to go out and meet friends, perhaps somewhere else.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Aoami said:

Not exactly a place to impress the ladies.

You've got a decent budget so you don't have to stint on hotels etc. but London is still hugely expensive so a chain like the Radisson would give you good value (I like the one on the south bank)

For dinner, Oxo Tower is good for the views, as is Pont De La Tour and Skylon. Not cheap but not ridiculous so long as you don't go mad with the wine list.

Loads of west end shows worth going to but you should book as soon as you can

Clubs I have no idea as I'm old and out of touch :(

Also don't forget to do the London Eye. Definitely worth it

Himse

FH is my second home
Also, if you can go to Sushi Samba, Heron Tower, you may need to book well ahead, even for a quick pre drink! But the views are absolutely amazing!

Thought you already had a GF/partner?

Last edited:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
+1 for sushi samba. Do the London eye too, and pop into the aquarium if you have time and like fish, it's next door and you can get combo tickets. Nice to have a stroll down Southbank from there too. For clubs, I define recommend guanabarra for a less touristy night out. Can do food and drinking there too.

Mey

Part of the furniture
The Sherlock Holmes museum was alright, bit small and fair pricey, but can't get more crime fiction than that!

There's also a museum of crime near the Globe theartre no idea what it's called though.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Also, if you can go to Sushi Samba, Heron Tower, you may need to book well ahead, even for a quick pre drink! But the views are absolutely amazing!

Thought you already had a GF/partner?

my engagement ended 6 months ago, you should've known Lee! :p Thanks for the info guys, lots of things I can look into. And everz, i'll think about it :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Buy a stab vest, best advice I can give for london.

Edit: facepalm it all you want Wazz :p I know 2 people that have gone to london for a trip, 1 of the was stabbed in the chest (he's still alive) the other had his arms slashed by a junkie with a stanley knife.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
ive lived here most of life and dont know anyone whos been stabbed :p

Last edited:

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Foreigners can be great. The other week on the train to Central London, some fat drunken chavvy wanker was being openly racist to nobody in particular, my (female) mate told him to stfu and he got more aggressive and racist and pulled out a spray can and started bleating on about pepper spraying everyone on the train. Everyone backed off at this point and he carried on being a twat. Suddenly as we pulled up to a station some big polish guy came from nowhere, smacked him in the head and literally lobbed him off the train :p

Everz

FH is my second home
Foreigners can be great. The other week on the train to Central London, some fat drunken chavvy wanker was being openly racist to nobody in particular, my (female) mate told him to stfu and he got more aggressive and racist and pulled out a spray can and started bleating on about pepper spraying everyone on the train. Everyone backed off at this point and he carried on being a twat. Suddenly as we pulled up to a station some big polish guy came from nowhere, smacked him in the head and literally lobbed him off the train :p

:D Agreed.

I go to a Polish gym in Cheltenham and they're a great laugh, quite blunt and dry humour I find.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
All depends on whatya want the trip to be about. If youre there on a Sunday, Brick Lane could be a laugh, or perhaps Camden Locks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom