Sharp Thing

yeah, excellent weekend, specially teh defending :D

F

- Fedaykin -

i thought it was shit this weekend tbh

A

alithiel50

Yep, was a terrible weekend for RvR...

It's really a shame that so many high RR characters from all realms are so insecure that they feel the need to roam as 2fg+ :rolleyes:

Ended up playing characters in BG1 and on Pryd after roaming as 1fg saw us repeatedly running into 2fg+ of enemy with RR8/9/10 characters, who would have been perfectly capable of having a fun and challenging battle with us as single groups!

Give 1fg only challenge arenas, please Mythic!!

B

Belomar

Well, I only played on Sunday, but I have to say that this Hib zerging of late is really starting to get on my nerves. We went to Emain after having retaken the keeps that the Mids had so thoughtfully stolen from us, and were feeling kind of bad running in 2 FGs (mainly due to not being able to field two balanced groups). Next thing that happens is that we run into a wall of Hibs camping AMG (insert appropriate screenshot here, they're all on my hard drive).

So, us, and I think most of the Albs, got kind of angry after this and first zerged the 3 FGs of Hibs that got it into their mind to run to atk (I've never understood this trend), and then cleansed AMG of evil after an epic battle. :)

I guess the only good thing about the Hib zergs is that it seems like the Hibs are waking up from their past hibernation (no pun!).

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Belomar
So, us, and I think most of the Albs, got kind of angry after this and first zerged the 3 FGs of Hibs that got it into their mind to run to atk (I've never understood this trend),
no enemies -> boredom -> pk camping/suicide :p

if you don't feed a hib zerg for 5 minutes it will suicide :p

O

old.Nol

I managed to find albs, 2fg's, killing the solo'ers running from DL to bolg.

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by alithiel50
Yep, was a terrible weekend for RvR...

It's really a shame that so many high RR characters from all realms are so insecure that they feel the need to roam as 2fg+ :rolleyes:

Ended up playing characters in BG1 and on Pryd after roaming as 1fg saw us repeatedly running into 2fg+ of enemy with RR8/9/10 characters, who would have been perfectly capable of having a fun and challenging battle with us as single groups!

Give 1fg only challenge arenas, please Mythic!!

<remembers various /waves from Alithiel after being outnumbered & overrun for the xxxth time>

But nm ( :

Stop saying that anything other than 1fg is not challenging. You're only limiting your own fun in this game.

T

Tilda

Yus the lasr week or so since the patch has been horrible.
Hib zerg has got worse :(
FC have resorted to camping at the entrance to breif killing 1 fg's on their way to emain.
But even that's not perfect, having beeten 1 fg of randoms and 1 fg of VGN shortly after they decided rather than having fun fights they'd team up to kill us for extra fun !
:(

Tilda

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
<remembers various /waves from Alithiel after being outnumbered & overrun for the xxxth time>
I never waved... I blew you a kiss! ;)

And the fights where I bother to stop and do that are usually 1fg vs 1fg, or at least start out that way... too many Albs in a single zone usually leads to others stumbling across our fights and joining in :(

Stop saying that anything other than 1fg is not challenging. You're only limiting your own fun in this game.
It's not just that fights other than 1fg vs 1fg aren't as much of a challenge, it's also that they aren't as much fun. We've run as 2fg before, and most of us now refuse outright to do it at all - despite other members of the guild trying to persuade us that it's a good idea. It's dull and boring, and causes far too much stress.

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by Tilda
Yus the lasr week or so since the patch has been horrible.
Hib zerg has got worse :(
FC have resorted to camping at the entrance to breif killing 1 fg's on their way to emain.
But even that's not perfect, having beeten 1 fg of randoms and 1 fg of VGN shortly after they decided rather than having fun fights they'd team up to kill us for extra fun !
:(

Tilda

awww did the little zergling get zerged ? kindda funny how u can zerg ur way to rr6 and then cause u go fg once in a while, u start whinning over the same thing that got u 1mill+ rp ... double standard or ?

G

gwal

how can u seriously mean it´s been fun? what u hibs have done the most is gather 6fg+ including all ur high RR ppl, and then go wipe emin, camp amg, suicide after a while, repeat later - christ, u guys are even beginning to bring trebuches to camp amg with now :(

ur also making both albs and mids zerg more cause of it, completely impossible to get any good fights, and odins... odins is empty, or filled by all the albs who are tired of fighting in theese battles.

quite honestly, it annoys to look at how ur doing organised invasions of emain, at how u have whined and moaned about the alb zerglings, consisting mainly of all the whatever random albs, and then u go do this, with all ur high RR ppl, completely shutting down any decent fg vs fg rvr

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by gwal
how can u seriously mean it´s been fun? what u hibs have done the most is gather 6fg+ including all ur high RR ppl, and then go wipe emin, camp amg, suicide after a while, repeat later - christ, u guys are even beginning to bring trebuches to camp amg with now :(
Not seen any trebs, but animists kind of rely on camping for building up their shrooms. And those 6+fg enjoyed taking on the zergs that kept showing up in Emain.

ur also making both albs and mids zerg more cause of it,
Is that possible then?

quite honestly, it annoys to look at how ur doing organised invasions of emain, at how u have whined and moaned about the alb zerglings, consisting mainly of all the whatever random albs, and then u go do this, with all ur high RR ppl, completely shutting down any decent fg vs fg rvr
First off: we don't invade Emain. It's our own realm. Our enemies are the invaders. Small detail ( ;

I typically got 15k rps this morning / midday running as 1fg. Killed several fg's, 1 or 2 soloers, and eventually got killed when we were taking on a fg mids and a 2nd fg mids added. Logged off because I had to go to work, but I'm guessing the rest of the group gathered at DL for another 1fg run, expecting those 2fg mids will split up once they pass mmg.

Usually I go to Emain in a random fg once or twice. When we notice we keep running into big alb/mid forces, we start teaming up. Sometimes you run into Emain and get wiped by 4fg albs or mids -> we start a cg and do some organised zerging. All in all, I have fun whichever way it goes.

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by alithiel50
I never waved... I blew you a kiss! ;)

And the fights where I bother to stop and do that are usually 1fg vs 1fg, or at least start out that way... too many Albs in a single zone usually leads to others stumbling across our fights and joining in :(

Aye, you do ( : I was solo those few times though : /

And the adding problem is something that happens to every group. When people don't want peeps adding on them, they usually move to a different frontier.

It's not just that fights other than 1fg vs 1fg aren't as much of a challenge, it's also that they aren't as much fun. We've run as 2fg before, and most of us now refuse outright to do it at all - despite other members of the guild trying to persuade us that it's a good idea. It's dull and boring, and causes far too much stress.

I know quite a few hibs like that as well... I don't agree with that point of view, but I guess I'm just easy to please then... 1fg - 1fg, 2fg-2fg, zerg-zerg, 1-1 (less of that coz wardens are crap solo vs most classes). When I'm grouped with my guild, running as 2fg usually does lead to frustration... with some other guilds or random groups everybody loves it... guess it depends on the kind of people you group with. Still I think demanding everybody does it and stating anything other than 1fg-1fg is unchallenging, boring, or lame etc just shows a limited view on the game.

G

gwal

yeah, it is possible, if u havnt noticed, there is basically no fg fighting going on from the time u decide to invade emain till the time that blue/white guild goes to sleep, which is about from whenever u decide, till 5 - 7 in the morning, nothing but zergs remain - awfull, complete and utter crap, it´s by far the worst emain this server has seen for a long long time, and all who wanna do fg vs fg agree, in albion at least.

and yeye, sure, use the excuse "were not invading, it´s our realm", u know what ur doing, call it what u want, doesnt make it any different.

the hibs are doing the old alb way of rvríng - go to atk, get a grp, stikkie on some1, run to amg, then mmg, camp.
boring as hell, no decent fighting comming from it, egvery1 whines, hibs, mids, and albs.
now the hibs do it, just with amg, and with a loooooot of high RR ppl instead of whatever random alb zergling who die to the first 3fg comming near their zerg.

P

Pempulla

how can u seriously mean it´s been fun?

I would assume a stealther class has most fun defending keeps (crau has been under siege a lot lately...) and when there's plenty of people in emain.
A stealther can avoid a zerg, so their fun can be very much different from other chars'.
A zerg always means a few LDs and 'leftbehinds' for stealthers to kill, so they will have plenty of prey. Also, in a zerg also stealthers have a spot in grp, in a l33t grp a stealther basically NEVER gets a spot.

E

Ensceptifica

and yeye, sure, use the excuse "were not invading, it´s our realm", u know what ur doing, call it what u want, doesnt make it any different.

the hibs are doing the old alb way of rvríng - go to atk, get a grp, stikkie on some1, run to amg, then mmg, camp.
boring as hell, no decent fighting comming from it, egvery1 whines, hibs, mids, and albs.
now the hibs do it, just with amg, and with a loooooot of high RR ppl instead of whatever random alb zergling who die to the first 3fg comming near their zerg.

Hibs bring fg's to Emain, find there's too many invaders, and when they decide they can't find fg action they either go to a different frontier or decide to stay and team up with other hibs to defend their own frontier / crauchon. It -never- happens that hibs start zerging before it's evident there's that many invaders around. Invaders might log after a while and most people in hib generally stay up long, so late in the evening there will be many hib groups that are looking for some invaders to kill.

S

swords

We ran FG in the Gorge, glad the zerg stayed at the AMG :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread