Savage TL report 1.64

M

mandom

Sword/Hammer/Axe Lines: All longer duration stuns in these three lines are based on a shield-block reactionary style. There are no evade reactionary styles in these lines and the parry reactionary stuns are very short, yet more classes in Midgard who can spec these weapons are capable of evading an speccing parry than can spec in shield. Suggest altering the lines to incorporate a long duration stun chain based on evade or parry somewhere.

Give dragonfang!!!

F

Fagane

Re: Re: Savage TL report 1.64

Savage TL
As new Savages level up, they are presented with difficulties that exceed those of other melee classes. At these lower levels, for HTH Savages in particular, high miss rates plague solo PvE combat; this makes even soloing on yellows risky business. In addition, the Savage requires use of their self-buffs in order to win many of these encounters. The cost of the buffs means longer downtime after the fight is over than other melee classes.

This really made me laugh.

A lot of classes need all they can to win from a yellow, and few classes even can not solo a yellow. They compare themselves with a necro for PvE? And also want to be a Savage in RvR (oops they are already the best FOTM class in RvR).

Fagane

W

Weeping Willow

Gifv savage some love imo, they haven't got that much utility.

S

Sharma

Fagane youve taken that completely out of context, he is talking about lower levels IE 20-40 where miss rates are stupidly high and the HP cost of buffs at lower levels tend to give really high downtime as opposed to normal tanks.

X

xplo

its true, solo'ing yellow for a savage (under lvl 40) gives great downtime, especially for kobolds with low hp and weaponskill

D

Driwen

kobolds have same weaponskill as norse/dwarfs ;), but tried a savage till lvl 10 and I think he had even more downtime than my hunter had and has while leveling:(. Besides after 1.65 the cost of buffs are increased for every savages as the cost is now from their real hp instead of their nakid hp. So their downtime is even higher.

E

-evull-

Re: Re: Re: Savage TL report 1.64

Originally posted by Fagane
This really made me laugh.

A lot of classes need all they can to win from a yellow, and few classes even can not solo a yellow. They compare themselves with a necro for PvE? And also want to be a Savage in RvR (oops they are already the best FOTM class in RvR).

Fagane

pretty obvious that you have never played a savage in pve dude

get a clue before you post etc, at lower levels savages suck due to insane downtime between each mob (in a solo perspective).

not a real problem if you have a buffbot, but what melee char have got problems levling with bot? ^^

ok?

peace

F

Fagane

Originally posted by xplo
its true, solo'ing yellow for a savage (under lvl 40) gives great downtime, especially for kobolds with low hp and weaponskill

Do not know it for kobolds, I'll test that.....

But having trouble with yellows, sorry a lot of classes have that. Try to play a full revj cleric and you have trouble with blue and sometimes green. Support Bard got the same problem, etc. Some classes work better in groups and should not solo.

Still, I will test the kobold out, never did any tests with that.

Fagane

D

Denisée

But having trouble with yellows, sorry a lot of classes have that. Try to play a full revj cleric and you have trouble with blue and sometimes green. Support Bard got the same problem, etc. Some classes work better in groups and should not solo.

Fagane

Think you just lost your brain.

Why do you even want to compare a light tank to a support class?

Just cause they do oustanding in RvR if well played doesn't mean they do good in solo PvE as many other classes do. This clearly come forward when you compare to a support class. Even when you forget that it is the downtime that cause the problem, now tell me how much downtime a cleric and a bard got.

O

old.anubis

Fagane

my pac healer (only 11 in aug) can chain kill orange mobs without using any instas (apart from asd ofc)
enh/rej cleric should be able to do the same (buffs any1?)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Lame Ass Savage TL
Item Problems

- As a result of both fast attacks and hitting up to 4 times in a single combat round, HTH weaponry degrades at a much faster rate than other weaponry - this poses an issue for harder-to-get items and ultimately increases costs of maintaining weaponry.

I do think that that is funny.
I feel all other TL's need to include the following in their TL reports.

Originally posted by Sane TL's
Item Problems

- As a result of Mythic insanely overpowering Savages, armor now degrades at 200% of the normal, acceptable rate - this poses an issue for harder-to-get items and ultimately increases costs of maintaining armor.

Regards, Glottis

D

Driwen

glottis really mature calling the savage tl lame ass and then also implying he is insane..

Anyway the armour off people will have less trouble by the addition of savages then the weapons of the savages. Allthough its still a stupid point of the savage TL as all light tanks swing at 1.6 per round and at or close to 1.5sec cap. So it isnt a real problem for savages alone, if it is a problem.

Ow and this was discussed 1 month ago if not more, so its hardly anything new?

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by driwen
glottis really mature calling the savage tl lame ass and then also implying he is insane..

Sorry, didn't know his exact name.
Felt this would be pretty close to the thruth.
Regards, Glottis

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Sorry, didn't know his exact name.
Felt this would be pretty close to the thruth.

you managed to copy paste a part of the thread, but not his name? :rolleyes:

R

Ravenbourne

Originally posted by A Feeble Minded American
As a result of both fast attacks and hitting up to 4 times in a single combat round, HTH weaponry degrades at a much faster rate than other weaponry - this poses an issue for harder-to-get items and ultimately increases costs of maintaining weaponry.

Thought this was the best bit

T

Tootz

If mids aren't happy with the savage's PvE performance, they can swap with our pally - arguably one of the best solo PvE classes in the game. Then again, they are utter shite in RvR and hit like wet fishes.

C

censi

ill settle for bad DT when soloing sub 40 for the 50 pwnage!

Dont expect TL's to even hint at the fact their class is overpowered.

Mythic should just do player polls from time to time. This may give them a hint that summin is wrong with the class...

Im a bit concerned the nerf bat hasnt landed yet tbh.... I still dont think mythic are aware of what these little fookers are doing to the game.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by censi
ill settle for bad DT when soloing sub 40 for the 50 pwnage!

Dont expect TL's to even hint at the fact their class is overpowered.

the insta interupt shout of the savage was mentioned by the tl (he wanted the interupt removed from it). His testing of h2h vs 2h got 2handed savages downtoned in damage to be in line with h2h. Also his mentioning of the s/d/t/q ratio not being right, got that adjusted to what it should be.

part of 1.62 savage tl report
Axe/Sword/Hammer & HTH hybrid Savages may do too much damage. This may be a result of combining full tank Weapskill weaponry with the ability to double/triple/quadruple hit, along with the Haste/DPS advantages of Savagery. I would suggest simply placing all Savage weaponry on the same WeapSkill table as HTH.

h2h hybrid is meant splitspec of h2h with axe/sword/hammer so getting the tank weaponskill and still being able to single/double/triple hit (split spec usually has to lil h2h spec to get any amount of quad hits).

besides mythic also looks at rp gains of classes (hopefully with more subtile tools than camelotseer) and sees if there might be something wrong with a class. Besides them checking boards and probably through talking with RvR tls and other tls. So I doubt they need polls to know wether another realm sees a certain class as overpowered.

I

ilienwyn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Savage TL report 1.64

Originally posted by -evull-
pretty obvious that you have never played a savage in pve dude

get a clue before you post etc, at lower levels savages suck due to insane downtime between each mob (in a solo perspective).

not a real problem if you have a buffbot, but what melee char have got problems levling with bot? ^^

ok?

peace

Oddly enough, any tank you choose in alb (except paladin) when leveling with bot has a basic problem: end regen. So you have to stop after a couple mobs. Don't think you have that problem with your bots ;)

V

vindicat0r

There moaning about the savage performing poorly in PvE but make no mention of how they are doing in RvR ?

lvl 40 savage's are not the problem, lvl 50 1's that wer pl'd to 50 in 2 day's with MP Armor/ Weapon's with 2 buff bot's ARE the problem.

Fair enough the savage may need help in PvE but they should make it that the help given to the savage does NOT transfer over to RvR. Very hard to do but then again balancing the Savage for RvR without making 90% of the savage's quit and reroll the next fotm is also VERY hard :/

O

old.Nol

maybe they think if they make it uber in pve less people will power rush to 50 and WTFPWN!!1! everything out there, sorry, I mean skillfully kill things with their well balanced toon...

F

-fwapp-

if im not greatly mistaken the words "savage" and "strategic" appeared in the same TL report.... lol

O

old_saxo

i give up to ask for some nerf to Savages. Ye lets make Savage as good as necro in PvE as well why not........

F

-fwapp-

would be interesting if they made necros as good as savages in rvr :p

Users who are viewing this thread