Wednesday 7/12 Daoc game over?

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
How many will still play on the Pryd/Excal server, Im guessing many will leave for the new gimpserver.

How many are staying and playing?

I know I cant be arsed rerolling and starting over again on a new server.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
I guess it will be like camlann, lots of people there for the first 2 months. Then everyone will go back to their main chars.

Classic sucks :<

- English -

Resident Freddy
Its going to nice to ahave a fresh start

Im looking forward to daoc again actually after not playing for several weeks, due to boredom on the normal servers

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I'm staying, simply because its a case of been there, done that and got the t shirt :D

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Ill prolly roll something on it... Plus i think it will be nice to get rid of some of all the zerglings in rvr that are around these days. Might actually go solo a bit the first few days :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Naffets said:
I'm staying, simply because its a case of been there, done that and got the t shirt :D

What naffets said :) With 1.81 coming, artis wont be a problem also. I'll just use that server if I ever want to try alb

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Staying, cant be arsed with starting all over again and on something that I dont really find classic. This new server is going to gimp the population in the EU cluster for months probably. I predict most people going classic will return sooner or later but it will be quite noticable the first weeks/months :s

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Hope for some ppl to move there so i can actualy get some clear fights with my NS :) cause atm when ever i jump someone in any place 2 sec later add is inc :(

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I agree. cept I dont think there will be quite the boom as PVP first had like.

Skirne

Fledgling Freddie
The effect on US was a big player leak to the new servers, then most came back after a couple of months. The ToA patch might counter this leak, as ToA was probably the number one reason to move. I would rather roll with ToA, post fix, than camping Catacombs locations for ToA wannabe drops.

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
will "classic" server have DR as well? if so it wont have big difference with new epics and new weapons witch r same as arties so the only difference will be the artie leveling on normal and no artie leveling on so called classic server imho and farming all the time Darkspire again and again.... ill stay where i am i think

- English -

Resident Freddy
Gear said:
What naffets said :) With 1.81 coming, artis wont be a problem also. I'll just use that server if I ever want to try alb

come pve with me m8 :D

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Spetsnaz said:
will "classic" server have DR as well? if so it wont have big difference with new epics and new weapons witch r same as arties so the only difference will be the artie leveling on normal and no artie leveling on so called classic server imho and farming all the time Darkspire again and again.... ill stay where i am i think

Classic basically translates to a server without toa. DR is included, as is nf.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
I tried US classic servers, dont get me wrong it will offer something to a few people.

but dont forget you swop TOA farming for Darkspire farming, and with new TOA patch not a lot of difference tbh.

Eble

Corran

Part of the furniture
7/12 = read DnL/SoG character information and manual as released + downloading it.

8/12 = play SoG and take a break from daoc. Returning for a few hours a week to talk to friends and help do some raids if possible.

So classic servers are worthless to me :p

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
i wont go there.. dont think i'll even try.. 1.81 will solve it all :>

and currently having lots of fun with my vamp ;)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i'll roll something there just to try out alb :) would be neat to have a lurikeen hero as wekk :)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
we rolling there as for at least a few weeks/months things will be balanced in terms of no really high realm rank ml10 gank squads roaming around. However i suspect we will see the first OMG I R FIRST RR5 ON GLAST GO ME WITH NO LIFE. Posts :p

anywho will be different we done hib we dont mid next thing to try is alb :D

classic will leach some players away but like anything people want to at least try somthing new.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
On the other hand, might try it out or actually play there if there is any grp wanting meh :<

( someone please want me :< )

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Be nice to actually get some low lvl groups going, then again I hear alot of people are getting set xp groups together already.. so we'll see.

ruudoniac

Fledgling Freddie
well i always hated the fact that when i started daoc some ppl was 10L10 back then and many many high rrs etc ...

i think i ll enjoy that we all going to start from 0 ... and that we ll finish our chars alot faster ... even at 1.81 will take lot of time to finish your template ... but doing an organised farming at DS for 2 nights will givf you and your entire grp all the items u need ... and voila you are done !

anyway i think all the current BC members plus some of the old members are going to roll hib ... so i intent to tag along with em :m00:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
it will be nice till the grp with most nerds in it ding rr8-9 while the rest is still rr4-6 :) (yes i r nerd t00 at somepoint but you need 7 other ones! :))

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Good luck in finding the holy graal. You wont find it on the classic servers and in my opinion it will only thin out the population on the standard servers.

Besides, I cba. to restart from scratch again.

When starting a new server I wouldnt be surprised if GOA spend less $$ on the current machines, or even worse, took a few machines from the standard servers to handle the classic servers and thus leaving us with less computing power and lag as a result...

I might be wrong but It would not surprise me if I am right...

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
Stallion said:
our entire group will reroll there.. alb ofc ;)

wasn't dreami very anti classic server when the idea came about? :twak:

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
same thing will happen when the PvP server was introduced ...

Some will stay on Classic, some will come back after a few days, some will stay a month or two and some will take a temporary break from DAoC cause RvR is slow on Excal/Pryd :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom