Website Help

O

old.SnakeII

Where is the best pl;ace to go online and make a website for free(and make sure its not some step by step lol )

:upyours: <---To the devlil

T

Tempy_Incursion

Well not just because its their forum :p, I often always use BW for hosting my sites as the free PHP provision is damn good and uptime is pretty good for a free web host. :clap:

J

Jasio

BW is the best way to go. All you need to know is HTML or make your site in Frontpage and upload it. BW offers great support and they got php :D

Oh, and BW has no Ads. Woohoo!

if you dont want BW (how can you not), check out www.geocities.com , www.angelfire.com , www.homestead.com

Angelfire is good 'cause they give 50MB of HD space but they got ads. Geocities is userfriendly with a site maker, and homestead is OK.

Cya around! And woohoo im Brentford Resident now!!

S

(Shovel)

erm, gotta disagree about Geoshitties, every site I've ever visted on there is hideously slow.
Angelfire has irritating 404 pages too :p

Erm, I use Free.ProHosting.Com. You have a banner ad at the top but no pop ups.
50 Meg, SSI, Full CGI bin (though you have to mess with the settings a little different, everything still works though, newsPro & YaBB both run).
It's probably not the fasted of hosts ever though :)

my site is @ http://www.studentssocial.co.uk if you want to check it out for speed. It is slowed for speed a bit cause there are too many SSIs at the mo!!

Users who are viewing this thread