Website

D

darthshearer

Hi all

Im thinking of doing my own website for a clan that I propose to make. I have looked at some of the other clan sites and I am rather impressed at some.

I would like to ask how to start really. All I know is frontpage and I see this as a good spring board to start off from, agreed?

Also where do I start on the contents? How did some of you get started?

W

Will

No, not Frontpage...it is the evil.:eek:

If I'm feeling lazy, I'll start with a template and update that with notepad/vi (you'll use notepad;)). You need to know a little HTML, but it is fairly straight-forwards. You'll learn enough from a basic online tutorial to get going. (No links, I'm feeling lazy, but you know how to use Google already)

W

Will

The nice thing about the templates is that you can run them on your own PC to test them.

You'll need a forum too, but I'd need to know what kind of hosting you have before I could help with that. Do you have PHP, MySQL, and/or CGI?*

*terms used may not be 100% correct, but Jonty doesn't seem to be around.

S

(Shovel)

Also, have a read of this thread. There's some info on "what to use", and also some links from me on downloading HTML language references, which are dead useful whatever level you're at.

Users who are viewing this thread