Website address logo

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Some websites you visit have thier logo b4 the 'http://' in the address bar. Freddys doesn't have it i know (why not!) but if you look at IMDB, they have it

Question is, how is that done, i want to put my company logo in the address bar when people go to my site in the same way

Thanks

Ed

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
You're welcome. Getting it to work (ie. making a good icon) is an art by itself and at times good fun.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
doesnt have a favicon in the address bar on chrome now that you mention it! it does appear on the tabs though.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I'm using IE9 and it just has the 'e' logo

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
doesnt have a favicon in the address bar on chrome now that you mention it! it does appear on the tabs though.
It is a known issue in Chrome. In the URL area it shows a grey globe but in the tab it shows the icon. Something to do with how it is referenced in the html.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I'm using IE9 and it just has the 'e' logo

Same for me on IE8 (work PC). Can't remember if it works on Firefox at home but I can check if anyone gives a monkeys. For reference the BBC and Wikipedia ones do work in the office so it's not a Group Policy I've written that's (accidentally) blocking it here.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
FH is fully iconed up everywhere it should be in FF; icon on left of tab and also in the address bar.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
FH is fully iconed up everywhere it should be in FF; icon on left of tab and also in the address bar.
Full on *slap* for you ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom