Weapon Speed for dual wielders

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I have a Firby Blademaster on classic but will run as part of a group so should be pretty well buffed mostly.

The question I want answered is should I have a fast or slow weapon offhand?

My reasoning; I can't get capped swing speed with a 4.0 offhand and 4.1 mainhand. Therefore I will do more damage over time if I go 2.9 offhand and 4.1 mainhand. However every template I have seen has a 4.0 offhand weapon. Although most of these templates are ToA so they have 10% melee speed and will have 20% haste from a buffbot. I am likely to only have 4% melee haste and 17% from druid in group.

I used the swing speed calculator found here to work out my swing speed.

Reza

One of Freddy's beloved
Its gonna be a trade off between finding the best speed and the best stats/util and proc from your offhand.

For a better idea, post what you think your weapon options are and the quickness you'll be running with.

I have no real clue on classic options, but say you have 230 quickness or so on firb and like you said 17% haste buff and 4% melee speed, then your offhand would hit cap at 2.9 speed or so. But pretty soon we get the celerity pot patch with 15% celerity on 10 min timers, which would mean offhand hitting 1.5 swingspeed cap at around 3.4speed weapon.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty much the only reason everyone has balanced weapons around 4.0 these days is that Malice/Battler/Champion weapons are that speed. On classic I'd go for a fast offhand, as it adds to the damage you'll do over time.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom