weapon luster's

Bahumat

FH is my second home
read something about these aaaggess ago and i've forgotten now.

My crafted weapon says "can be dyed by a weapon luster", what is a weapon luster? its not the normal dyes from the merchnats, is it the expensive dye's from caer sidi or tuscan glacier etc?

Varadero

Fledgling Freddie
Crafted weapons can be coloured by using the lusters that Alchemists can craft.

TOA and Sidi weapons can be dyed with TOA or Sidi drop enamel, excluding artifact weapons..;(.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
my inf has orange colored crafted swords just to look cool(paint was created by my alch friend)

Cozak

Part of the furniture
With DR you can buy weapon dyes for 125g each from a merchant in Kings room, higher CL you are the more choice of colours.. works on all weapon types afaik, artis, CL weapons etc etc.

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
Yep all weapons can be coloured using CL/DR Dye from the DR merchant in the instance zone of each realm.

Tis good for changing the colour of a weapon if u have it on ur back. My druid is Orange and green and has a green mace on his back. The colours are fairly limited tbh tho they are all v bright... The dye's are actually called barnishes btw. tehre a good link for the colours here

http://www.classesofcamelot.com/dr/Burnishes.asp

hope it helps

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
cobalt and black looks very much like eachother imo. but i like the silvery blue and twilight blue colour :). nice site aswell.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Shame you cant add flike a flame effect or a glowy one to a crafted weapon :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Pure White

Talking of colours, isn't it very hard to get pure white (armour / weaps) ? Something about screwing the polygons up ? Is this a deficiency in the coding ?

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Deficiency in the coding. The DAOC engine has never been capable of pure white colours, at best a very pasty grey is all you get.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Roalith said:
Deficiency in the coding. The DAOC engine has never been capable of pure white colours, at best a very pasty grey is all you get.

lol?! daoc cant create white colours? xD

Ziz

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:

official daoc no i've seen private shards with white armor/weapons tough

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
I had white weapons after a crash when some files were damaged, maybe the texture files.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
mikke said:

dyes are coded as different coloured lights applied to the textures.

The texture itself is not white to begin with therefore you cannot make it white by applying a colour to it.

The closest to white is "undyed"
(incidentally if you wear stygia armour it's white in some parts, so its possible just that unless they create a default white texture for some platemail for example you won't be able to have it white)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
there is some cloth robe thats mainly white, see sorcs in thid with it sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom