We have the buffbot will we now have the stealth bot?

O

old.Enigma

I have no idea if it will work but with see hidden coming soon, is it possible to make a stealth bot to watch your back?

M

Myshra

make a infil and play him in thidranki and group with him in emain, get him the skill see hidden, stealth bot sorted

I

ImLestat

I assume you are talking of the realm skill that is coming in the next patch. Isn't that skill on a 30 min timer or something like that? And only works for like 30 secs at a time too? If that's the case, I'm not sure it is worth having a "stealth bot".

S

SFXman

It is a passive skill and thus is on at all times... which I think is absolutely prepostrous except that (thank f*ing whoever) we (scouts etc...) get camouflage in some patch later on (zzzZZzzz) that helps us prevent the überness of see hidden.

T

Tesla Monkor

You're referring to True Sight, Primus. 30second of see through stealth on a 30min timer. Costs 10RA points to buy.

<RANT MODE>

See Hidden costs 8PA points to buy, and gives the assassin buying it the ability to see trough stealth, of ANY archer, minstrel. No matter the range, or the skill level of the the person the assassin is looking it. The stealther might as well have no stealth at all. A L1 assassin with this ability will see a L50 Hunter/Minstrel/Ranger/Scout with 71 Stealth.. (The max you can possibly have.)

Mythic came up with this little gem to force archers to group, instead of wandering around shooting other people. (There's more people than archers, and since Mythic is in it only for the money it's easier to piss off the archers and destroying one of their skills than risk loosing people over getting ganked by an archer.)

Side effect is that on the US server the number of archers has dramatically dropped to the point where only a few active hunters are around. In 1.52 Mythic added something called Camouflage, which returns the archer's stealth to what is was before See Hidden, 10 min after the last battle. (Minstrels were forgotten, and they're still visible to See Hidden.) Cameo is still bugged at the moment, so we won't be getting a useful version until 1.53.

Another fun thing is that in the week after 1.52 went live in the USA, all the hunters who gave up came back to try out the new patch. Mythic interperted this as 'Look! They're all back! See, hunters aren't broken at all. Sure, there's a few minor issued, but we'll look at that in time.', thus dumping hunters back to the bottom of the pile. This after the Hunter TL has proven that hunters do, on average, 42% LESS damage in close combat than a ranger of the same level. Guess which of the two is the melee oriented class? It sure aint the ranger. This and several other issues have been around for a long time already.

The whole affair left a great many archers very, very angry (understandably -- which class gets an RA that completely neutralizes another class's primary defence ability? It would be like archers getting the ability to always pierce PBT for 8RA points) and there have been threads running into the thousands of messages on the Dev boards.

I'll admit that I'm not looking forwards to patch 1.50. I hate it. I wish they'd skip it, since it will make playing any archers hell -- Mythic wants the archers to group with the 'normal' groups. They take away our abilities but give nothing that makes us actually useful to groups.). It's not as if assassins need help. Look at the top RP earners? Pretty much all of them are assassins. :p

</RANT MODE>

God, I hope GOA moves quickly and gets up to 1.52 so I can move around in relative safety. As Kemor remarked 'You're afraid of your huntress.', I wholeheartedly say 'Yes'. It's going to suck. Badly.

O

old.chesnor

:sleeping:

For 2 patches you will be as vulnerable to us as we have been to you since 1.36. Hope it hurts.

That said, I do think it sucks, but it will be interesting to see which of the archers grin and bear it and continue playing and which roll asassins cos they are the uber class now.

And there wil be stealthbots, no doubt about it. But can assassins see other assassins with see hidden ?

T

Tesla Monkor

There's one difference.. You're supposed to be that vulnerable whether you like it or not. Archers are designed to sneak around and shoot people.. why else give them stealth to begin with. :)

Anyway.. for the record, my stealth sucks to begin with. I saw this debacle coming, and chose my skills accordingly, put no points in stealth that I couldn't use better elsewhere. =)

We'll see. Considering there's like a million assassins already 'growing up', life isn't going to be fun for archers. :/

E

erl

I see you've done your homework at the vnboards Tesla ;)

Situation for us hunters truly becomes sad after 1.50 :(

O

old.Kladen

about that stealth archer thing please stop ranting just coz they cant pick who ever they want to kill any more and woah they can actaully be killed! theres worst classes every class aint perfect, (sep warden (PBT 6sec tank! who can heal!))

D

Danya

Going to be a lot of scouts/ranger/hunters/minstrels quitting. It's going to shaft albion over worst probably, want powersong? sorry all the minstrels quit. :p

E

erl

Originally posted by old.Kladen
about that stealth archer thing please stop ranting just coz they cant pick who ever they want to kill any more and woah they can actaully be killed! theres worst classes every class aint perfect, (sep warden (PBT 6sec tank! who can heal!))
Please stay out of what you don't know :rolleyes:
And talking hunters here, not archers in general.

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
You're referring to True Sight, Primus. 30second of see through stealth on a 30min timer. Costs 10RA points to buy.

Ah, ok then, my bad. Sorry.. ;)

Lol, with that realmskill active they can hardly kill anyone. They can't even do one of their normal abilities, scout.

Oh, and that they can actually be killed: They always have. Assassins have always been their greatest enemy on top of that. I've got a hunter , level 24. And I can almost not even take a step outside the pk in Thidranki without getting an inf on my ass.

O

old.seb1024

i'm that unsure of scout's being nerfed that i started a theurg wonder what will happen to that class now?

P

- Pathfinder -

Entirely possible to make a steath bot (it won't detect assasins though), but you'd need RR 2.8 for it, which for a low level can take awhile :)

I

Icecreamsheep

I currently play a Ranger and lets put it like this. A ranger without stealth is going to be like telling a tank that they can now only wear cloth armour.

As a ranger if we go for bow (which is our main damage output) and stealth we get poorish meelee ability. Therefore we need to be able to get in range and get the first shot in to stand a chance of killing someone. If it goes to meelee against just about any other class the ranger is going to be left pushing up the daisies.

Besides its kinda annoying when the other realms get a certain class that can stealth and if it gets a one shot kill (which they almost certainly always do) they remain stealthed. With us as soon as the arrow leaves the bow were visible.

However Im going to stick it out until the camoflauge (sp?) gets sorted out.

Ok so Mythic are going to nerf me in the next patch, however i wonder how fast GOA can get us up to 1.53, hopefully in a shorter time than it took the americans to get there from 1.50

Sheepy (sorry if none of the above makes sense, im kinda asleep at work and not sure what english is really).

D

Danya

Originally posted by Icecreamsheep
Besides its kinda annoying when the other realms get a certain class that can stealth and if it gets a one shot kill (which they almost certainly always do) they remain stealthed. With us as soon as the arrow leaves the bow were visible.
All realms get that, it's called the nightshade in hibernia. No realms archer can shoot and remain stealthed.

L

Lydek

sorry all the minstrels quit.

Heh you seriously think any infstrel that quits over the stealth nerf even knows how to play powersong?
;)

D

Danya

Given the state of Albion in emain at the moment the only way to play minstrel is to stealth. Also if you just want powersong use a bot, it's not exactly exciting standing around beating a drum.

G

Gef

Gotta admit it really does suck badly, I guess one good thing is minstrels/archers get True Sight so even assasins arent entirely safe. Once we get camoflage we are actually at pretty much the same stage as we were before.

Except if one of you sneaky assasins kills someone nearby without decloaking your gonna get an arrow in your ass.

Only one thing better than a slow moving target, is a slow moving target with paper armor ;)

A

Arlone

Originally posted by Dannyn
Given the state of Albion in emain at the moment the only way to play minstrel is to stealth. Also if you just want powersong use a bot, it's not exactly exciting standing around beating a drum.

have to disagree. I don't play a minstrel myself I understand you would know alot more than me about them flute-playing discodancers <grin>. But our highlevel guildminstrel, Umilard, do quite well with just using speed.

Speed, for me, is equivalent (sp?) to stealth. With speed you can easily ambush enemies, be them solo or in groups, by hiding and quickly rushing them from behind. With stealth it would be the same result, although except of standing behind a tree waiting for the enemies to pass you can stand next to the tree :)

I think minstrels would do just fine without stealth. Skalds do fine without it and those trolls are not easy to fit behind a tree! (and yeh, I know a skald would take a minstrel quite easily but thats one of the few classes that can even catch you... nemesis class? yeh, we all have them)

Anyways, on the subject of "see hidden". Scouts will probably still do ok. They can stand back, in groups, doing anywhere from 300-400 damage every 6-7 sec right? (never played them but I would think it's something like this). Thats probably a bit less damage out-put than for example a polearm-specced armsman. but the armsman have to take the beating at the front too, while the scout can stand way back, in relative saftey.

Having played a tank for very long I find all nerf-whine kind of amusing. You've had it far too easy in the past - here comes the challange :) I admit that taking away archer-stealth all together is a bit over the top, but with camoflauge you will be back in business.

F

Freia

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor

They take away our abilities but give nothing that makes us actually useful to groups.

Hey you can always pull! :)

No seriously, I agree that this sucks, bigtime. Like i have said before: I think mythic wants so see more grouping and less running around solo, hoping to get some random kills, in the frontiers. Because that isnt really what the game is all about (and like I always say: the thing that mythic screwed up most of all is putting a worthless graphics engine in so that big battles cannot really be enjoyable :( :( :(). But I have always seen stealthers as an exception from the get-everybody-to-group thing, cause its pretty clear that they are meant to run around alone. Mebbe they were stupid enough to think that stealthers would mainly help groups in rvr by scouting for enemy forces and killing people on the walls in keep sieges. <shrug>
Anyhow....

It's not as if assassins need help. Look at the top RP earners? Pretty much all of them are assassins. :p

Maybe this is what they try to even out somewhat. I am not sure that mythic saw this coming that archers/assasins would be so out of leauge RP-wise compared to other classes. I find it boring and sad to see that so many people start hunters and infils just to get loads and loads of RP soloing. This is not quake afterall.

Anyway, this is mostly personal theories and random thoughts. They sure did screw up by nerfing hunters this way but maybe my thoughts can explain it somewhatt. Maybe im wrong. Maybe they are just as stupid as most of us concider them to be :)

Another thing. Does anybody understand why they cant just patch directly to the latest stable and tested US version, all in one big chunk:confused:
I mean the code is written and the stuff is tested. Why not patch 1.49 directly to 1.52? It would take abit longer for the big patch to come out with all the translations and stuff but it would probably take less time for us to catch up with US that way. And since they DID change stuff in 1.50 that they obviously needed to correct in later patches, why give us the bad patches first and let us live with that until goa gets the next one out? :rolleyes:

Yes translating all of it would take a little while but if they had put some thought into this in the beginning then translating the keyword/sentance once == it gets changed all over the place. No need to translate every string several times and check that the strings matches in every single place in the game (that was their excuse for putting out 1.48 so slowly atleast). It is very common practice in software development to have one interface for translating text that makes it get updated in all different places where the strings are used.

.. im getting upset so i better stop ranting. :)
But aren't there some valid points in there?

Comments please?
<takes cover from the :flame::ing> :)

P

- Pathfinder -

The Clerics Union won't allow them to patch to 1.51 until May 2005 :m00:

S

SFXman

about that stealth archer thing please stop ranting just coz they cant pick who ever they want to kill any more and woah they can actaully be killed!
Assassins are alreayd able to whoop our asses so wtf is your point? Misinformed? Hmm?
Originally posted by Gef
guess one good thing is minstrels/archers get True Sight so even assasins arent entirely safe
30sec with a 30 min timer... yay I mean wtf? The assassins get a PASSIVE see hidden, very fair :rolleyes:

F

fatgit

by popular demand :

MINSTRELS DONT GET SEE HIDDEN

D

Danya

Minstrels don't get true sight. True sight doesn't spot assassins. Assassin's See Hidden is about 50 times better than true sight.

Yes skalds do alright running about solo, but then they are tanks. They have high damage, they have spec parry. We don't have either of these, we have a specline that it is almost useless to put points into.

Speed is nothing like equivalent to stealth. Stealth allows you to watch a group without being seen, it allows you to get close to a mage without being seen. Speed doesn't do these things. Bear in mind casters get quickcast, they cast faster than our mez so can interrupt it easily. Skald has their insta-snare at long range to disrupt the caster, we don't have that, we have stealth...

The only good thing about 1.50 is I get spped of sound, yay! I get to be able to run away the whole time. :p

E

erl

Originally posted by Dannyn
Minstrels don't get true sight. True sight doesn't spot assassins. Assassin's See Hidden is about 50 times better than true sight.
Wrong. True sight spots assassins. But it's only for one minute (not 30 secs) every 30, as mentioned so it sucks anyhow.

K

Krillin.

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
The Clerics Union won't allow them to patch to 1.51 until May 2005 :m00:

here here brother, reducing smite damage was expected so i was ok with that. Screwing with my insta mez however sucks beyond belief :(

I'm not going into it but i think clerics got smashed a little too hard with that. It's not CC its an emergency life saver :)

J

Jonaldo

I'm a mentalist. I got sucky single mez, sucky non existant dd damage, laughable cast time on our AOE's, AOE DoTs that kills anyone under level 5 in 20 seconds and no-one else besides, do pathetic damage with our main dd main spec and get charmed pet that try and kill me every 30 seconds...

Phear me for I am uber!

:( :mad: :rolleyes: :eek: :m00: :m00: :puke: :eek6: :uhoh:

O

old.Mitsu

Actually you only need L1R8 - 8 Realm skill points for See Hidden.

When you get kicked out of the last bg you can afford it.
But I get truesight :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread