/wave all and some nostalgic history :)

O

old.Filip

well ... i desided i should use some time on stuff other than daoc

I have had loads of fun in this game. Startet on the US server kay with a ranger when the archers was Suprem kings ...

was a fun time .. i was lvl 43 which was high ... :) and so much fun in RvR there .. allthough i really didnt realise how much a machine gun the ranger was at the time, as i remember it casters didnt have self BT ... so tbh they was nothing else than cannon fodder for me ..

still remember me standing outside ATK in emain and chanting about how incerible stupid players the albs was :) ...

but when euro DAOC opend i saw the chance of playing on a server where primetime more comparable to my primetime

and move to Excalibur mid had a Skald there..... was a short encounter there though .. i deletet and move to albion becuase of the attitude of the eilte guilds there was awfull.

In albion 2 RL mate's of mine joined in.. Brommix and Taunter
those was the days where Finster was GM of Royal Bavarians.. we tryed to get in that guild but Finster turned us down becuase we was to low lvl's.. they was 40+ and we 20+.. nice days heh

but then we desided to make Herfølge Boldklub.. the reason of the name was the number of completly redicilus names in albion at the time ... they was like this "SUPREM MASTERS OR THE UNIVERS" or "DRAGONKILLERS OF EVERY1 AND HIS DOG" ... (allmost)

we amied for an easy going guild where ppl was nice.. it was the most important thing about the ppl we accepet in the guild ..

as i remember it we had some very nice times :) the first ppl to join was some RL friends from Holland ... Ygdrisil(cleric), Hilarious(Friar),Pain(Paladin now Serious the sorc).

to bad we never got the chance to meet in RL ..

the guild got a lot bigger but still remaind as a nice place for crafters//pve's// and RvR's like my self...

Taunter was the first of the foundsers to stop playing daoc .. he turned to Shadowbane .. and now i think he playes war 3..

Brommix was effetively the GM while i was playing on Camlann in Avalance... but stopped some months ago.

The Camlann experince was intence...not much to say about that except that pvp servers are booring becuase the arear to figth in is to big + the best way to figth was at the time healers/chanters + speed ... = booring RvR

a few days ago there was another RL meeting HB ... and there i saw the first sign of RL romance inside the guild ... very nice :)

RvR in DAOC...

i know there is loads of oppions about this...
but imho DAOC is not fittet to be a compettetative game ...
first of all i think the skill lvl is not that high..

i came from the RTS scene when i startet playing daoc .. and the skill's required there is so so much higher than in a MMORPG...

when you play an RTS game like SC//BW you have to use new ways to overcome the opponets, you have to use your imagination//inteligence//rate of clicks pr sec :)..

when you play a MMORPG like DAOC you need time ... and you need your group to work like a machine and keep repeating the same stuff over and over ... like .. kill Cleric allways first ... allways assist etc ..
+ time for best char's and eqipment....
to sum it up you need Time//dicipline//routine

i know HB has been zerging quite some in emain ... (at times BF got the blame for the zerg and it was infact HB :) )

BUT !! i have seen crafters(some of them have a very new and nervewrecking way to controll they char).... the quite girls .... the harcore RvR's.... the cabbies:) .... have fun together ...

And tbh then i dont care if some of the hardcore guilds got streamrolled in the process... im sure they have streamrolled some of my nice guildies at other occasion's

the new leadership in HB (with mess as head GM) has done a very nice job ... ppl have fun and have a good time when they logg on .. this is why we play a game like daoc ..

I will give my account to some1 in HB if i find a suitiable replacement ..

so from me .. all my friends and enemies have fun :)

i will be found in RTS games and i allways use the name Filip .. in some way :) ... like oS.Filip in war 3 .. or FilipIgenIgen :) feel free to drop me a line if we meet ..

Filip Frispark
Former GM of Herfølge Boldklub
2,05 mill RPS RR 7,3 on my minstrel

Other chars i have used in rvr

Ranger
Hero
Skald

V

vintervargen

why quit now when mincer gonna be uber? :(

L

loxleyhood

Bye bye, a good player. :(

One thing I have always admired about HB and it's gms is the complete and utter non-eliteness of it all.

B

Belomar

/salute Filip

I will personally miss you in the game and I am sure many others will as well. Hope to see you come back soon -- we'll be sure to keep the spirit of Albion strong while you are away. :D

A

Alpha Male

arr

Bye Filip...and remember to give Aikmore and Brommix a slap from me =)

H

Hit ^_^

bb one of excals oldest thrust miinsers :(
(even if u respeced to slash a few months ago).

O

old.Filip

hmmm Brommix is rather much bigger than me ...

Aikmore is not that much bigger ... but he won some boxing tournament a few year ago ....

come make the slapping your self .... !!!..!

O

old.Lythande

Bye m8, I still remember running with you in the early days with my Shaman and my friends Elexis and Ragathol. :D

Take care.

R

.Raewyn

:( :( :(

Sad to see you go. Have fun in whatever you do in future :)

O

old.FIN

bb Filip

we had some fun times at new times of daoc =)

playing SWG atm, so cant give a poop to daoc atm, maybe i go look it later, but atm no interest =)

and im goijng next year again to denmark, so we might bump each other..

also waiting horizons Beta CD to drop on mail =)

T

Tranquil-

Bye, bye Filip, had lots of fun playing with you! :)

A

alithiel50

Farewell and good luck to you!

Originally posted by old.Filip
a few days ago there was another RL meeting HB ... and there i saw the first sign of RL romance inside the guild ... very nice :)
Give gossip/pics, imo... :touch:

G

gwal

good bye filip, have fun where ever u may go, sad to see u go :( hope u will pop by and say hi once in a while.

E

Edohadien

:(

sad to se u leave filip-

a very long time ago 4players where sitting in a netcafe in copenhagen..

Filip,smokee,taunter,brommix i enter the room "VIP" room
and see these 4gentelmen play daoc. iam fasinatet by smokees Fire spells. iam amazed by taunters capabilty to withstand dmg from 4red named large bears. bedazled by filips running speed.
and brommix ... oh yeah didnt go to his side of the table alot ( he was the pac yeller so would keep away ) these guys would come down and play for 12 hours everyday tpgather and i would come down there not to play but to see them play, this amazing game,
after a 3-4 months of pure inspiration and "learning" from these guys i decide to start myself. and maybe someday be as good as they where.

Sad to se one of my inspirations leave,

All the best of luck to u filip.

Take care.

The End

T

Tilda

so long filip, good luck mabey we will meet again in WoW :)

A

aikmore

Nah he will come back he's a addict ^^ or ill force him

A

Ahqmae

Hehe, du kan da forsøge dig med W3: TFT så :) StarCraft æraen er jo trods alt long gone :p Btw; du burde næsten få lidt cold resist på Filip inden du lukker og slukker :>

W

wolfen_rb

Cya Filip :(

sad day for albion....
we see in WoW :)

O

old.Nibor

sad to see you go, gl in whatever you do

/salute
/wave

V

vindicat0r

Good bye Filip best of luck for you in whatever u may do.

Sad when Old School ppl leave :(

Users who are viewing this thread