Water-changes, stealths will cry, the end of the waterbug?

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Horner said:
Wrong ... Some things will never change ...

View attachment 3244

Come back to rena anytime baby .. relic is still where it should always be :worthy:

And LMFAO at thread starter who rolled a banshee just to tower abuse since day 1 .... cone all the albs who thought theyd be safely inside a lvl10 tower resting at the bottom floor ... LOL can still remember him posting" yeah i did bug-abuse but only so that I would send Rightnow a fully-detailed report " .. and not for the rpeeees right ... :wanker:
have i received personal whine-threads since that 1 thread? i even made my peace with that guy that cried about me
the only thing i'm doing to people inside a tower is placing a dd storm inside wich is kickass leeching :)
ah well making u post this is kinda rewarding on its own, nr1 wanker on the server complementing me on his field of expertise being easymode

on topic the patch is kinda funny, a lot of unsolved stuff coming to the surface, are they trying to save the world of daoc ?

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Horner said:

View attachment 3244

Come back to rena anytime baby .. relic is still where it should always be :worthy:

And LMFAO at thread starter who rolled a banshee just to tower abuse since day 1 .... cone all the albs who thought theyd be safely inside a lvl10 tower resting at the bottom floor ... LOL can still remember him posting" yeah i did bug-abuse but only so that I would send Rightnow a fully-detailed report " .. and not for the rpeeees right ... :wanker:
LMFAO at the sorc with DI bot sprouting random tidbits of crap.

You're awesome RP's though, cheers.

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Most shieldusers needed some kind of loving. This patch brings some love their way. The ones that didn't need any love at all are in for a treat though. :)

IMO this is a heavy tank lovepatch, the light tanks and assassins just get a piggyback ride. :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
worthless stealth zerglings pwned hard in tihs patch xD

censi

Can't get enough of FH
tbh now as a defensive heavy tank, you would prolly really have to be afk to loose to a sneak...

I think changes are a bit ropey. I sense these defensive changes (parry evade block) have been done purly to address issues with stealther balancing. but I also think there will be archery changes to compliment this.

as this patch stands though melee rangers will become the weakest class in the game really. definetly now the weakest versus assasins and also totally the weakest in archer V archer. maybe thats ok though.

Hubix

Fledgling Freddie
Hornor is a 34 year old man who is still a virgin and lives with hes mom :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
well most decent stealthers know how to bypass the shield anyway (with strafing/run through, all god tactics imo) its the roglords that will get owned, the type that just spam any style using numbers rather than skill, they will be even more easier that they are now

censi

Can't get enough of FH
roglords are irrelevent.

proper balancing is important though... these changes alone are a bit of a kick in the nuts to rangers imo.. but hey shit happens.

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
lol so what you killed me whilst afk inside renaris........leet mr frenchie.:p

And lol at how you take a SS of everyone you kill, you my friend are one sad person. A person that has to take SS's everytime he kills someone so he can try grief other players in a forum has gota have some irl issues.

Can only say i feel sorry for you.

And whats with half the top buff bar missing? did you pop like pop RR5 and MoC after you saw me lol whilst i was afk?

Hahaha.. Wise words :p
Horner is sad indeed. His e-peen grows as he takes more screenshots of his prey.. That's such an achievement. ^^

:flame: bwahahhahaha im in flames :flame:

And about the stealthers, if they uses 2h weapons against shield tank, wouldnt it be a little more higher chance of landing a hit without block blalbalbla?
Was just thinking

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Horner said:

View attachment 3244

Must be hard running around with a DI bot really horner :( i take my hat off to your blatent skill *cough*

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Fuaip said:
as u need it

Indeed I do, one on one it wont make a differance due to the hard cap, but will be a much needed boost when out numbered which is the norm.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
you might be able to stop battler dumping now kato!

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Good change, tho casters will rule supreme underwater when the victim is unable to run off, but oh well :p

rawr

Fledgling Freddie
I don't like the changes from the perspective of dual wielders personally, and I think the speedwarp change is probably going to turn out to be a big deal, aswell as a big nerf to kite groups/ groups running on caster speed in comparison to Bard/ Mincer/ Skald speed, etc.
Raven said:
(with strafing/run through, all god tactics imo)
I disagree, but it seems it may become necessary :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
you might be able to stop battler dumping now kato!

I try to avoid that whenever possible so I have arti timer up for Cyclops shield, given how many Vanishers there are.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Actually firing projectiles into water will not work well. I always laugh about the hollywood movies where someone tries to shoot someone down who is in water from above.

aye they did a test in mythbusters with some pretty big guns :D

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
as this patch stands though melee rangers will become the weakest class in the game really. definetly now the weakest versus assasins and also totally the weakest in archer V archer. maybe thats ok though.

someone has to be the weakest an rangers have been pretty op for as long as i can remember but guess all the fotm easy mode rollers will whine an roll new char now.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Eeben said:
someone has to be the weakest an rangers have been pretty op for as long as i can remember but guess all the fotm easy mode rollers will whine an roll new char now.

Indeed, but the moment I loose to a scout in melee as a ranger (equally geared, RR) there's little to no reason at all to play a ranger anymore. Speccing 2 lines purely for offense should have a major benefit one way of the other and it doesnt have much to go for after this patch.

For scouts its relatively easy to crank up their defense to insane levels (Mastery of Blocking, Physical Defense) after patch, while the dualwielders dont have nearly the same return in investing points to crank up their offense.

Scouts, combined with their high DEX, can then by Mastery of Blocking to get an additional 23% chance to block (which not only reduces the damage you take, but also improves your melee-damage because you can use off-block styles more often). Can a ranger get +23% to all damage done? Nope. It wont take a genius to figure out that a scout will scale much much better at higher realmrank then a ranger will.

In the current state of the game, high-RR characters arent an exception, but more a rule.

As suggested before, removing half of the penalty perhaps would been a better choice, but its always the same with DAOC and Mythic it seems: They simply throw in massive changes, without thinking about the consequences at all. Then 6-12 months later they realize they made a huge screw-up, go on about 'This aint about 1vs1' and introduce another I-win class in a new expansion.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Indeed, but the moment I loose to a scout in melee as a ranger (equally geared, RR) there's little to no reason at all to play a ranger anymore. Speccing 2 lines purely for offense should have a major benefit one way of the other and it doesnt have much to go for after this patch.

I can easy beat rangers that are higher rr then my scout because i use lgm on them an they use blade weps on me an i got pd3+ so ofc im gonna do alot more damage on them.. if i meet a ranger using lgm weps he will proberly own me so hard..

an saying there is no reason to play a ranger then try a scout i would trade my shield to get dw anytime of the day atm..

imo it doenst make my class better because i made a free mainhand template an can switch to lgm wps where most rangers is "stuck" with champ an malice..

ogmonda

Fledgling Freddie
well shield and parry and ..well let's just say they just semi nerfed solo's savage...

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Puppet said:
More indirect hunter-love, Censi :p

And a nerf vs. visibles at the same time =) As I said...42parry +MoP3 will be great fun vs. 2h users aswell now =) Also high des as elf will finally pay off in evade rates versus those DW users =)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm some nice changes in there, shame it's all too late for me - still I see some things never chage e.g. Horner.

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
lol so what you killed me whilst afk inside renaris........leet mr frenchie.:p

And lol at how you take a SS of everyone you kill, you my friend are one sad person. A person that has to take SS's everytime he kills someone so he can try grief other players in a forum has gota have some irl issues.

Can only say i feel sorry for you.

And whats with half the top buff bar missing? did you pop like pop RR5 and MoC after you saw me lol whilst i was afk?

you call him sad but you are the one using the childish " ahahaahah horner is french" insult, gettin quite old now find sumthink new atleast tbh :m00:

kivik

Part of the furniture
Sean said:
you call him sad but you are the one using the childish " ahahaahah horner is french" insult, gettin quite old now find sumthink new atleast tbh :m00:

aye better start capture screens of every player we kill and then use them on these boards to tell them 'ololol you got owned'!

get a grip, tard.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, maybe its time to try 50flex/50shield/28parry again.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Sean said:
so we cant go in the water or on the bridges anymore, sounds fun :puke:

If that's actually the case then it will be the best change ever made to DAoC.

The perma bridgecamping is the worst thing that ever happened to the game bar none.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Indeed I do, one on one it wont make a differance due to the hard cap, but will be a much needed boost when out numbered which is the norm.

u play one of the two classes which dont need any kind of boost at all.. Armsman and Valk, think alot can agree with me on that part. U are tough as hell as you are now tbh like every other arms, dont need it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom