Water-changes, stealths will cry, the end of the waterbug?

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Water Changes - There will no longer be a one-second delay for characters when diving or surfacing.
- Players can now target enemies through the water. If you are above the water, either on land or swimming on the surface, you can hit players below the water.
- If you are underwater, you can only attack a player who is in or under the water.
- Enemy player names will not display if you are looking at them through the water from above the surface regardless of how close they are to you.

- You also cannot attack a no-land NPC, like a shark, who is underwater from the land. As opposed to a land NPC that happens to be underwater.

well expected this to be adressed ages back but i just might stick around to just whitness this fix !!!!!1111

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
The Shield vs DW change is much more important IMO. Also the SW change will make a massive difference.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
BlackrazoR said:
The Shield vs DW change is much more important IMO. Also the SW change will make a massive difference.

I concur, also all this shit about water abuse HAD to come to an end tbh.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:

where are these notes?

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
I concur, also all this shit about water abuse HAD to come to an end tbh.

Yet inc abuse with archers/mages standing on bridges being able to attack those below the water, with no way of those below the water shooting back.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
where are these notes?
always the herald, patch-notes
"not paste-copied by evergimp for post-/rep-farming" :D

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Neffneff said:
Yet inc abuse with archers/mages standing on bridges being able to attack those below the water, with no way of those below the water shooting back.

It's clearly a way to tell ya, avoid water.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
brad said:
where are these notes?

Shield

- A character's chance to block will no longer be penalized when facing a character who is dual wielding.

Parry

- A character's chance to Parry will no longer be penalized when facing a character who is wielding a two handed
weapon.

- The penalty to parry when facing multiple attackers has been greatly reduced.

Evade

- A character's chance to evade will no longer be penalized when facing a character who is dual wielding.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Well can still use water for sniping and travelling without getting zerged, just can't use it to bob around in and running in avoid getting hit. Also have to be careful noone sees unnoticed while you're under or u get wtfpwned from out of LoS. Still reason to use it imo, just will have to be careful.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Shield

- A character's chance to block will no longer be penalized when facing a character who is dual wielding.

Parry

- A character's chance to Parry will no longer be penalized when facing a character who is wielding a two handed
weapon.

- The penalty to parry when facing multiple attackers has been greatly reduced.

Evade

- A character's chance to evade will no longer be penalized when facing a character who is dual wielding.

Wow nice tank love. So soloing on warrior will actually be nice now. Think i should get back to soloing again as i hardly play anymore:) No more being stealthed zerged on warrior anymore :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
brad said:
Wow nice tank love. So soloing on warrior will actually be nice now. Think i should get back to soloing again as i hardly play anymore:) No more being stealthed zerged on warrior anymore :)

I strongly doubt it will make it live tho, overnerf of DW.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Gahn said:
I strongly doubt it will make it live tho, overnerf of DW.

At the same time pierce light tanks will be gods of defense? I got 42+MoP3 parry and high evade with lots of dex (I'm an elf, hi there), which means with the removal of all penalties I might hit the defense cap in every single sector =)

pip

Banned
My poor hunter /blah/blah/blah/blah/blah/blah:(

hehe tbh long over due:p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
liloe said:
At the same time pierce light tanks will be gods of defense? I got 42+MoP3 parry and high evade with lots of dex (I'm an elf, hi there), which means with the removal of all penalties I might hit the defense cap in every single sector =)

Wouldn't call it balanced :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:

Think about it, if you are on land, you can fire a bow into water no problem, but how the hell can you draw a bow and fire underwater (let alone fire upwards)? Imo the underwater change is not enough and there need to be greater penalties for being submerged to stop players using it to lame their way out of a fight.

The bigger issue is groups camping under bridges or drop-off points, which this change goes some way to sorting, but stops a bit short imo.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Tallen said:
Think about it, if you are on land, you can fire a bow into water no problem, but how the hell can you draw a bow and fire underwater (let alone fire upwards)? Imo the underwater change is not enough and there need to be greater penalties for being submerged to stop players using it to lame their way out of a fight.

The bigger issue is groups camping under bridges or drop-off points, which this change goes some way to sorting, but stops a bit short imo.

Actually firing projectiles into water will not work well. I always laugh about the hollywood movies where someone tries to shoot someone down who is in water from above.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Tallen said:

You're playing a game where you can morf into panter and cast bolts of energy out of your ass and you're debating technicality?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Looks good so far this patch, never thought i'd ever say that :)

Really looking forward to the Parry love as well :england:

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Will be fun for stealther fights also. Back to 50% evade rate will mean constant evade chain :)

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
It's clearly a way to tell ya, avoid water.

so we cant go in the water or on the bridges anymore, sounds fun :puke:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
That is a huge change. On the face of things I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I think for classes with all three forms of defence it could well be a massive boost. Maybe it's time for me to get more +sheild in my tics template though. That seems almost too good to miss out on now, even vs. dual wielders.

Horner

Banned
brad said:

Wrong ... Some things will never change ...

View attachment 3244

Come back to rena anytime baby .. relic is still where it should always be :worthy:

And LMFAO at thread starter who rolled a banshee just to tower abuse since day 1 .... cone all the albs who thought theyd be safely inside a lvl10 tower resting at the bottom floor ... LOL can still remember him posting" yeah i did bug-abuse but only so that I would send Rightnow a fully-detailed report " .. and not for the rpeeees right ... :wanker:

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
People shooting into water from above is only an issue if you target them before they enter the water though. If you're stood on a bridge and someone swims underneath you aren't going to see them are you?

Obviously swimming on the surface is different.

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Horner said:

View attachment 3244

Come back to rena anytime baby .. relic is still where it should always be :worthy:

And LMFAO at thread starter who rolled a banshee just to tower abuse since day 1 .... cone all the albs who thought theyd be safely inside a lvl10 tower resting at the bottom floor ... LOL can still remember him posting" yeah i did bug-abuse but only so that I would send Rightnow a fully-detailed report " .. and not for the rpeeees right ... :wanker:

And what this has to do with topic?

on topic:
This patch is quite good for a long time. o_O
Good that melees get something good for a long time. And... BDs became even better :p

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Looks good so far this patch, never thought i'd ever say that :)

Really looking forward to the Parry love as well :england:
as u need it

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Horner said:

View attachment 3244

dibot and moc is teh skills :D

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Horner said:

View attachment 3244

lol so what you killed me whilst afk inside renaris........leet mr frenchie.:p

And lol at how you take a SS of everyone you kill, you my friend are one sad person. A person that has to take SS's everytime he kills someone so he can try grief other players in a forum has gota have some irl issues.

Can only say i feel sorry for you.

And whats with half the top buff bar missing? did you pop like pop RR5 and MoC after you saw me lol whilst i was afk?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
brad said:
lol so what you killed me whilst afk inside renaris........leet mr frenchie.:p

And lol at how you take a SS of everyone you kill, you my friend are one sad person. A person that has to take SS's everytime he kills someone so he can try grief other players in a forum has gota have some irl issues.

Can only say i feel sorry for you.

And whats with half the top buff bar missing? did you pop like pop RR5 and MoC after you saw me lol whilst i was afk?

I think you missed the best bit, that being the /face macro on the quickbar :D

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Tallen said:
You do know this is a game, right? It's not reality... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom