Water and LoS Issues

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Most likely brought up before and answered but anyway, is the line of sight issue in water being changed at all? Just lately been a bit ticked off with alot of BDs Ive run into in water who just dive/surface while tapping effortlessly and with pets on me, and all I get is target not in view :( bit annoying when there is sod all I can do. (not a BD whine that was just an example :) )

:clap:

Arthur

Banned
Outlander said:
Most likely brought up before and answered but anyway, is the line of sight issue in water being changed at all? Just lately been a bit ticked off with alot of BDs Ive run into in water who just dive/surface while tapping effortlessly and with pets on me, and all I get is target not in view :( bit annoying when there is sod all I can do. (not a BD whine that was just an example :) )

:clap:

it works both ways, tank can do the same to get to casters without being nuked. Also the los checks nf brought can fuck off too, oh my theres a molehill obscuring my los , you cant see your target and the like :(. Give back the of los system.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Give back the of los system.

really?

sshot064.jpg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes and often used by BD's, as if their insta lifetap isn't allready operpowered they can pull that trick and kill 4-5 players while drinking a cup of tea.
a-z..lifetap mash.

If a Boney gets in the water ..just run away.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
perhaps I should rephrase question without any class comments ;) Is the LoS issue with water being fixed at some point? :)

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Well there really are few LoS issues still to be solved - for example being shot by archer or nuked in the middle of tower base level; otoh I don't complain I can take catapult and shoot the same way too :)

Trouble with water is game works with above water/in water almost like if it was two separated zones so LoS works badly with that... but... if you know about BD hidden under water, why not getting in water few dozens meters away if you need to get in there so badly? :)

Technical: Line of Sight calculation is one of the most CPU - loading features in 3D. If the server was recalculating them every time you/your enemy moves, it would blow up :p. I don't wonder it recalculates them only once per few seconds....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom