Watch your language...

S

slaraigh

Just posting in general to all very commited to the game. This tend to be people with too much free time on their hands :D But remember this is still a game, and there's other people in the other end. People with lives, feelings etc. Maybe you don't care, but when I hear my fellow players have been called names on IRC etc.. I guess you can't avoid it.. but when somone say DIE! IRL! I think something has gone a bit too far.

So, to some people... grow up, some insults should not be given. Try think what you'd felt if somone told you to die... in real life..

And since this is barrysworld this post will prolly be taken for a whiner post or something..but I just hope some people take it into consideration....

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by slaraigh
Just posting in general to all very commited to the game. This tend to be people with too much free time on their hands :D But remember this is still a game, and there's other people in the other end. People with lives, feelings etc. Maybe you don't care, but when I hear my fellow players have been called names on IRC etc.. I guess you can't avoid it.. but when somone say DIE! IRL! I think something has gone a bit too far.

So, to some people... grow up, some insults should not be given. Try think what you'd felt if somone told you to die... in real life..

And since this is barrysworld this post will prolly be taken for a whiner post or something..but I just hope some people take it into consideration....
/me hugs Slaraigh

Be happy irl! :)

:fluffle:

F

faderullan

I so agree with you. Im VERY tired of people flaming me and some of them have gone to far. Maybe the last week i have heard people telling me to die irl like 10 times.

Please grow up. You know who you are.

O

old.tuppe

agree
in all kind online games what played, have loosed some gamingfriends when they pass on.
its life and thats happend offcourse.

how you feels if suddenly that person who "you" say, die in irl, example car drive over him/her?
and someone come and tell you?

A

alme

or the person who gets hurt for being insulted over INTERNET by a person who DONT know a shit about u, should grow up..

F

faderullan

I bet alme is one of those insulters. And he has to defend himself by posting something stupid.

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by faderullan
I bet alme is one of those insulters. And he has to defend himself by posting something stupid.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ :eek:

S

Sichama

Telling someone to die IRL and saying it as an insult is totaly stupid...as receiving it as an insult is also...

...because he will.....eventually

...actually we are all gonna die IRL...eventually

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Derric
Cornell is a motherfucker from hell. 0o
But this is a compliment for those of you who don't know :p

C

Cush

Im fine if someone tell me to die irl..

But if someone would say i was from Åmål id get realy offended

B

boomeruk

I've kinda given up trying to be pleasent and watching my language etc ingame.

imo its all down to respect... and latly i have no respect for a lot of people in game, even realm mates.

learnt a new motto recently, "if people treat you like shit, then forget em"

no way am i going to go out of my way to insult people, or make immature comments, but im certainly not going to hold back while "l33t kiddies" give me shit, or throw wild insults around.

the amount of times i've seen "its just a game" posted on these boards is unreal, yet it doesent seem to sink in. think you need to be pretty thick skinned to play this game these days, else tempers could flare quiet easilly.

as for me? well... if i ever come accross you, i'll treat you with the same respect id excpect in return, otherwise... FOAD IRL!!

D

Derric

Originally posted by Cush

You're only saying that to impress your imaginary friends. :(

D

Derric

You better watch it Cush,my imaginary friends knows kung fu. :(

C

Cush

Pff you only say you got imaginary friends to seam popular!

and my imaginary friends know alot harder words then kung fu.

Like Brickwall and steel

D

Derric

I'll just tell Ardrias that your imaginary friends are female,and that's the end of that. o0

S

slaraigh

Well.. you're saying that you're not offended by these kind of comments..and you expect noone else to be offended by them. Then why say it? How would you feel if somone really got offended by it? You don't know everyone..if there's this 13 year old kid who actually got a miserable life, and you tells him to go hang himself or fall over and die in real life... What if he then kills himself? You say you got no problem with your life and would not be affected knowing you made a kid take his own life?

I know I'm really pushing it to the limit.. but abusive language and making very ugly comments have become so regular that people use it without thinking..

X

Xeanor

it's retards, 2k3 actually, and they can't stand losing with their uber fotm ass and have to whine and cry as hard as they can

S

shanks

I guess I should comment. But cba, busy pointing out how slow people are ingame.

C

Cush

Originally posted by Derric
I'll just tell Ardrias that your imaginary friends are female,and that's the end of that. o0

Whats the point of having imaginary friends if they aint female?

C

Cyradix

It can be done. Our /gc at Fed is clear of swear words and the internet short handle versions. Offenders get reminded by our friendly GM's not to do it.
As a last resort we have Dark Roo to teach the person in question a thing or two about foul language.... ;)

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Treat others as you would want them to treat you.

K

kalgarn

i really coulden't care less if people insult me or not.some people are just more mature then others i guess.really not going to lose my sleep because someone tells me to die irl.
I just use my ubah 1337 h4XX0r skillz to track them down and cut them in pieces with my chainsaw.MOEHAHAHAHAHAHA(tm)
/em runs off to oil his chainsaw

C

Cush

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson

Dont tell that to Ardrias :(

Now he gonna run around and hump everyones legs :(

K

kalgarn

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
well i want them to tell me dirty words because that turns me on.so i should do that then? :p

A

alme

Originally posted by faderullan

lol i am ? oO

i aint defending ppl being retards on irc or what ever, im just saying the one getting hurt by it needs to grow up just as much.

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by Cush

Thats almost as bad as being called 'skåning' imo :scared:

Users who are viewing this thread