Watch Dogs

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Found this part really funny... one of the sell points for Watch Dogs

"Discover new levels of interaction, cooperation and confrontation between players thanks to a brand new multiplayer game system that links the single and multiplayer modes into one seamless experience. That means no menus, no loading screens, just instant open world multiplayer action."

So basically, technology that's existed in Demon Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 for awhile now... lol :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Heh, clearly trying to get a slice of the Dark Souls pie.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I truly wish that this wasn't by Ubisoft. It won't do 1080 on console and on PC it'll doubtless come with UPlay bullshit :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Multiplayer schmultyplayer.

I wish they would stop shoehorning a multiplayer into every single game, it just isn't necessary. That time could be better spent polishing the single player.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Multiplayer schmultyplayer.

I wish they would stop shoehorning a multiplayer into every single game, it just isn't necessary. That time could be better spent polishing the single player.
And making it longer. I dislike the eight hour single player experience in a fifty pound game. Needs to be twenty ish or more IMO. Not rely on the multiplayer for longevity

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
And making it longer. I dislike the eight hour single player experience in a fifty pound game. Needs to be twenty ish or more IMO. Not rely on the multiplayer for longevity

Last semi decent single player I played was the first Metro. I can't justify forking more money out, I just seem to play Arma all the time when I'm after single player, cos it's so sandbox it's untrue.

Although it isn't a campaign as much, (there is one, and it's very good) there's mods that sets up missions and such for you, having epic battles. I was surprised earlier when I bought a few jets, put some Ai soldiers into them, they then went to the nearest airfield in the plane, got in a queue and took off one by one, I was amazed.

Some games you play and the Ai does stupid shit and it's just evident little work is put into it, even though they're practically on rails

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Last decent single player game dues ex the original. Everyone else has been playing catch up. Gfx over content

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Last for me was Far Cry 3. Don't give a shit what anybody says, I had a blast playing the single player.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I enjoyed the single player immensely.

There have been several single player games I have enjoyed lately.

Tomb Raider
Farcry 3
Last of Us
Faster than Light
Gran Turismo 6
GTA 5

Isn't watchdogs really short though? Might get it in the steam sale at Xmas,

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'd agree with all of those except GT6 but then I hate driving around in circles.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Last for me was Far Cry 3. Don't give a shit what anybody says, I had a blast playing the single player.
Fc3 was great but got very repetitive getting the pouch and stuff upgrades.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I enjoyed the single player immensely.

There have been several single player games I have enjoyed lately.

Tomb Raider
Farcry 3
Last of Us
Faster than Light
Gran Turismo 6
GTA 5

Isn't watchdogs really short though? Might get it in the steam sale at Xmas,
Last tomb raider was great but again too short. It's let's spend these gb on gfx rather than extending the game play. Dues ex wasn't ground breaking gfx but the game play was awesome

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So who bought it? I was going to give it a miss on PC and pick it up for my PS4 but Mabs convinced me otherwise, bought the digital deluxe edition on steam.

Ono

Part of the furniture
I managed to grab the Deluxe version for £16.31 a while back via Origin India. The game looks all a bit average though from video impressions on Youtube. Not sure if I will devote a huge amount of time to it but it was cheap I guess.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
is it just me or is the online invasion thing fucked? everytime I queue up it NEVER finds people, literally never, been trying for 6 hours straight now.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
you can add people to your friends or uplay list or something as it can sync with the app ? try that and try again ?

though Uplay shat itself and died so might be that causing you probs

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Uplay started working later bought the game today. Managed an hour or so after the server came back up. Not bad. Have to play more but I like the hacking thing.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Finally got it working on multiplayer, fuck me its fun, been pissing myself laughing all night.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
T3leCeT.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm still enjoying it but yea, seems the devs did lie out of their arses as far as graphical things go... see below video for prime example.

worlds of difference, starting to dread what The Division will end up like.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Think they said they went for particles and physics rather than all out gfx that they tried to start wth.. Still need to know if those are pc or console shots knack ll stuff cause we know the console is poor for gfx. I bought the pc and performance could be better but the gfx seem better to me

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Think they said they went for particles and physics rather than all out gfx that they tried to start wth.. Still need to know if those are pc or console shots knack ll stuff cause we know the console is poor for gfx. I bought the pc and performance could be better but the gfx seem better to me

I don't really go for graphics in games, just thought i'd post it because of the screenshot posted above :p graphics don't make a game, period.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I don't really go for graphics in games, just thought i'd post it because of the screenshot posted above :p graphics don't make a game, period.
Is true. All the kids love the gfx though. I really like the hacking mechanic in the game I think it works well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom