Was thinking folks

pip

Banned
What peeps think about alliance rvr but on certain days for the fun :) I no its like 8v8 1v1 but to give the lower rank peeps in alliance a laugh ?

pip

Banned
Not rocket science loads of low rr going out as a zerg for fun:twak:

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
it sounds like english but I still don't understand a word you are saying

pip

Banned
Maybe once a week a alliance takes out a zerg for a punch up?

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Yes, get mids and hibs to do it so we can zerg them for lots of RP's

pip

Banned
I talk to loads of peeps and tbh they not like rvr but love pve cause they scared of dying but would love to try it if all their mates do:fluffle: don't know if it's just like that in mid but I have asked loads why they don't rvr that's what they have said

pip said:
I talk to loads of peeps and tbh they not like rvr but love pve cause they scared of dying but would love to try it if all their mates do:fluffle: don't know if it's just like that in mid but I have asked loads why they don't rvr that's what they have said

ok... you've asked 'loads' of people and they don't rvr cause they are scared of 'dying'? why the fuck are they playing daoc then? xD

pip

Banned
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
only to get wiped by the first set group they come across...
I no but so what they not used to rvr they would love it:fluffle:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
One of the Alb alliances tried that tonight. Mids/hibs too RP hungry though, zerged them before they could get a foot hold in any realm.

Agramon is Zzzz if you're not high RR or a stealther.

pip

Banned
PVE / RVR 2 diffrent things we no that rvr you can't be slow pve you can scratch your butt make cup of tea still live:fluffle: just be nice if peeps don't mind the zerg 1 night a week:D maybe we can turn them into rvr freaks more fun for all hehe

pip

Banned
Kami said:
One of the Alb alliances tried that tonight. Mids/hibs too RP hungry though, zerged them before they could get a foot hold in any realm.

Agramon is Zzzz if you're not high RR or a stealther.
I will guide em with a few more uber peeps to make it fun:fluffle:

pip

Banned
I'm not god but would be nice for all to have fun:fluffle:

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
You should go with that idea mate. Lotsa peeps dont like the notion of heading into the big-boy rvr (including myself :p ) when they're like rr1-2 for the first time. Try making it though not just any RR but lvl as well. Have been on a few of those in the past and they can be a blast if everyone is going for fun and not RPs :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
pip was thinking! And he made a thread to celebrate it since its his first time kinda.

:m00:

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
Because people are scared to die they don't RvR? Eh? DAoC has the most friendly death system in PvP games ever as you can't loot eachother and in RvR you don't lose con or exp either. Sure, the res sickness is annoying but eh, it vanishes by the time you find another fight as it is right now.

I know a few people that don't RvR purely because they feel they have nothing valuable to add to their realm. Mostly because they think they are too slow to properly fight. (For example, my mum. She doesn't have lightning reflexes and as such usually lags behind the fight. She feels as if she's just leeching off her group and she doesn't like that.)

Post cluster the zerg should be back, I hope. :/ Right now I can spend two hours roaming the frontiers and only find one of two fights.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Scared of dying... :p Do they think they get auto delete if they die.

But more keeptakes would be nice,my ranja needs rp's

OT: How the heck you got your mum play daoc? :p

Gamah

Banned
Bring more lowbies into the frontier! with gimped slash and body resists if possible.

Gamah

Banned
Coldbeard said:
pip was thinking! And he made a thread to celebrate it since its his first time kinda.

potter_o_rly_owl.jpg

Now come on owl rly fans this find is defo worth reps! :p just wait untill csasty sees it!

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Typical FH attitude.

Pip brings up a good point (although badly formulated) and first thing, the "dudes" on FH slag him off simply because he is Pip. I wonder what the reaction would have been if it was brought up by one of your friends?

Anyways, as far as I see what Pip tries to put across is this:

Alot of people don't RvR because they feel they cannot compete. Afterall, how can a player with little RvR experience and perhaps in an unopted suit manage against RR10 players that have all the tools available?

It's not a matter of being afraid of "dying" as that holds no consequences for the character. It's a matter of finding no fun in being steamrolled constantly with no chance of retaliation.

Without me pointing to a solution for this, I can see the problem in it and it is a real problem - for players in all realms.

What Pip then suggests as a way to present an alternative is for the alliances to agree on a specific week day as the "Zerg the Bazoo's" out of the frontiers. Strength in numbers and so forth. If alliances from all three realms organized this on the same weekday, there would be zergs that could fight each other.

Personally I dont like zergs, but I can see why this is a valid alternative.

Another alternative is for those players to start building more opted groups. That requires lots of work, patience and cooperation though. And the result is fragile - afterall 8 players have to be relyable.

So the "Zerg" suggestion by Pip is a fair one to get things rolling. However, with clustering incoming this week I am sure we will see our fair share of zergs. :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Pip, it is good way to get people interested in rvr GoP used to do this with their alliance in old frontier and mainly went to HW and defended it. Got incredable amount of whines. Sometimes went to emain etc as well though.

Could be a good laugh if you have a plan as opposed to zerging around, and i would highly advice you have at least one group of people that know what doing that can help defend them against the l33t's. Dont have to be high rr players but need the decent group for the cannon fodder to support so they dont all die.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Gamah said:
potter_o_rly_owl.jpg

Now come on owl rly fans this find is defo worth reps! :p just wait untill csasty sees it!

Stop whoring around for rep points , just plain silly tbh

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Coldbeard said:

:m00:

:cheers:

Pip if you want to make rvr more fun for others, stop being a lame adding c***? :).

It's a nice idea even if it has come from you though ;p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Pip thinking, comedy xD
Azathrim said:
Pip brings up a good point (although badly formulated) and first thing, the "dudes" on FH slag him off simply because he is Pip. I wonder what the reaction would have been if it was brought up by one of your friends?
He kind of brought it upon himself, that being an understatement.
You don't honestly expect people to cheer for him after coming up with a somewhat decent idea, though not put all too clearly, after being a retard since his first post?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
No Straef, I didn't expect you to be able to look beyond your apparent hatred/dislike of another player in an online game so that you could possible start comprehending a novel idea he was feebly trying to push towards you.

Yes Straef, I did expect you to pull the kneejerk reaction and just flame away without utilizing the lump of lard between your ears.

It is people like you that makes this a forum an excellent access point to the latest flames (this one included) - and we all know flames are good for comedy value (albeit, bad for developement of intelligent ideas).

Gamah

Banned
Azathrim said:
No Straef, I didn't expect you to be able to look beyond your apparent hatred/dislike of another player in an online game so that you could possible start comprehending a novel idea he was feebly trying to push towards you.

Yes Straef, I did expect you to pull the kneejerk reaction and just flame away without utilizing the lump of lard between your ears.

It is people like you that makes this a forum an excellent access point to the latest flames (this one included) - and we all know flames are good for comedy value (albeit, bad for developement of intelligent ideas).

I agree, Straef just disagrees because he doesn't like the person, pathetic imo..(awaits a 7 paragraph reply of why I suck)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom