WARNING-may be boring!

T

throdgrain

heh just had phone call my gf3 has arrived at home!
only thing is im at work so wont be able to piss about with it till tonight :(
i'll post later on the results on q3 demo :)

T

throdgrain

i will m8 np.im like a big kid i want to go home now!

S

Sawtooth

i play RTCW with my geforce 3 ELSA ,vanilla flavour 920, and my main prob wasnt the vid card but the amount of Ram i had. There was noticable stuttering when starting a level. I upped it from 256 to 720 and its okay now. I'm gettin 50-80 fps average on high detail.

Saw

W

Wij

A GF3 of any flavour is fine for RTCW. Slap it at 1024x768 with all effects turned up and it should be smooth enough for SP easy. the effects are mostly done by the gfx card too so don't worry too much about the CPU atm.

T

throdgrain

glad to hear you say that wij.mostly i bought it for rtcw which is my NEW GAME :) atm,not for q3 wich my old card did fine for me.
btw my brother just bought a new pc ,a p4 1.7 with 256mb ram and a gf2mx400 card but gets 132 fps on the q3 demo,with exactly the same config as me,and i get 116,tho my processor is (apparently) much smaller and my present video card much worse!i would of thought he would get at least 150...
anyway...I WANT TO GO HOME AND PLAY WITH MY GF3!!
thank you.

W

Wij

I got crap fps on RTCW last night when I was showing it off to my mates and 1280x1024. Only when they'd gone did I remember I'd turned 4x antialiasing on the other night whilst experimenting :)

T

Trem

Throd try this site www.madonion.com its a 3d performance site and it will tell u the top cards and on wot system they are run on(generally a 1000mhz pc).Hope this helps m8.:)

B

bodhi

P4 1.7Ghz
Radeon DDR 64 Meg
Win XP

Q3 Fastest - 190fps @ 640x480
3dmark2001 Default - 4300

It'll do me :)

W

Wij

Q3 Fastest is pretty meaningless bm tho init :) Even a Radeon can handle that at 640x480 :) And Q3 is about the only game that wubs P4 systems cos it's got the horn for large fsbs but aint that fussed about a powerful CPU :D

T

Testin da Cable

I'm actually rather curious what Q3 will run on my system.
think I'll dl the q3test and check just to piss Bodhi off ;)

T

throdgrain

drum roll.......

ok got the card installed last night.did the q3 demo and......
no difference! o bugger.so increased the res to 1024-768 and ...
the same fps as at 800-600! an improvement at that res of about 30 fps.obviously my cpu is holding up the card now.
so,check rtcw , the reason i bought the thing.excellent!where it would go down to 25-30 fps it now holds up at my chosen max of 50.like when you look out at the beach as a german on the first map.
obviously i got some playing about to do,but i am VERY HAPPY .thanks to all who contributed to this long lasting thread :)

F

FuZor

Originally posted by Bodhi
P4 1.7Ghz
Radeon DDR 64 Meg
Win XP

Q3 Fastest - 190fps @ 640x480

It'll do me :)

190fps!!! SWEET, hey but I thought the human eye only does 30fps!!! hehehe

Whats the deal with FPS? why do ya need to go sooo fast?

T-Bird 1.3GHz
Radeon DDR 64 Meg VI/VO
XP HE currently.............

Have no idea what the FPS is but is seems fast!!! and V smooth :clap:

T

throdgrain

wow how many times r we going to have this conversation....

oh i cant be bothered :) put your q3 on type drawfps 1 in console ,then see for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom