Warlocks!

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Case said:
Being an idiot yourself you'd be the expert on that subject why don't you tell me what you think

As usual the Freddyshouse trolls resort to insults instead of facts

OMFG I'm more l33t than y00!11 y00 must be an 1d1ot11

Have maybe your Real Life Respect Points gone to your head?

Anyway back to the point...good class yes...balanced class yes...overpowered compared to other casters nope, except wizards but everyone knows they suck.

Saying a class is overpowered compared to other casters because it gets a 179 delve base case lifetap and bolt range mez when there are classes out there with comparable and often better abilities is just plain daft Oo they geta pet and can use ML9 on it like OMG!!11

Level 50 pet, no other class get that combo. RR5 ability is tons better than any other caster gets. Only class that gets a comparable baseline spell is Cabalist - other ones are 2.5 2.6 and dd's not lifetaps ~~ And all the other stuff i mentioned. Anyone who think they are not needs to get a clue imo.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Maleg said:
Mids also do OK but have seen a few groups dropping a Healer for more DPS
As far as I know, the minimal is 1 pac + 1 aug ... 2 pac, dunno, you should do without body/energy resist buffs and baseline emergency buffing in exchange for backup cc. Haste buffs could be given by Svasud bots, celerity you can do without in pure casters group, speed same - it would be just buffs vs cc. Dunno if it's worth it, surely if so I'd like to know why.

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Yma said:
Uninterruptable casts are stupidly power hungry, while powerless are interruptable

Arcane siphon, mcl, jacina charge, tart's charge, crack, eriny thingie, serenity, fop ~

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Case said:
When facts don't work, yes, I don't feel bad at all to resort to insults. Ilum gave you plenty of facts to debunk your silly statement (get it into your head, Sorcerers are no longer an underplayed class, and this is largely due to the massive loving the class has received lately), and yet you continue with your pointless crusade.

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Not if you play in a decent group and don't run around solo all the time. Our experiences with ToA and NF RvR is that hybrid caster/tank groups seem to do best, certainly better than pure caster groups at least. In fact, your chosen class is quite proficient at suppressing casters, and also has access to the Battlemaster ML path; see the recent thane movie for some very good hints on how to make your (former) class really excel in RvR.

Against a balanced group with resists and a spread of MLs and RAs available and descent healing then caster damage is manageable. Against a "Random" group or soloers caster damage is obscene.

That is where I find the problem with the game, it is too easy for High RR balanced groups to wipeout forces much larger in size, even without skill and teamwork playing a part.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
People whine just as much about bonedancers.

Enough said. :wanker:

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
InertiaSlave said:
Arcane siphon, mcl, jacina charge, tart's charge, crack, eriny thingie, serenity, fop ~
"Stupid power hungry" as in 35% power every cast in the fotm spec. Not even if you had a chance of firing all that arsenal above (and you won't, there is a timer on /use, serenity doesn't work in combat, and the painfully slow casting will make you an easy target) you'd be able to cast for long.

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Tis bugged so the % is of base powerpool I hear? So with some nice powerpool% and power cap.. And still, arcane siphon..

Also, you won't have to use uninterruptable primer all the time, unless your pac healer, shammy and banelord (woops, that's yourself :eek7: ) do a gawdawful job - which means you can use powerless instead.

Also there's this.

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Also: Whole arsenal? Perfectors do fop, not you, serenity, erinys permaregen and crack all stack and are passive, a good caster can find a way to pop mcl when needed, and I guess the jacina charge is for when tart is down or fight lasts more than 1min.

Edit: Just reread, realized you said serenity didn't work in combat, not mcl.. If you did mean mcl, see above, if not:

Serenity, crack, erinys permaregen, all these add to how much power you regen each tick. Being in combat only affects how far apart each tick is. With red crack (+5), erinys (+2) and some serenity (mebbe +3?) you still get 10 power extra back each 14secs even in combat.. It does work, but yes, it might not make that much of a difference in fgvsfg open field.

And if you really meant fop, you need to get out of PvE :flame:

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Belomar said:
Not if you play in a decent group and don't run around solo all the time. Our experiences with ToA and NF RvR is that hybrid caster/tank groups seem to do best, certainly better than pure caster groups at least. In fact, your chosen class is quite proficient at suppressing casters, and also has access to the Battlemaster ML path; see the recent thane movie for some very good hints on how to make your (former) class really excel in RvR.
Yes i know thanes can do good, i've done it myself. But i will not play this game until they balance all classes. And thane is still one of the weakest classes.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
InertiaSlave said:
It does work, but yes, it might not make that much of a difference in fgvsfg open field.
Aye, that's my point. Passive regen is just too slow to make a difference when you cast using large share of power in fast combat. MCL and RP can be of more use, add also one arti charge - you will still burn lots of mana to do low dps.

Of course, things change completely with different scenarios: if they have time to hide, recharge my chambers, fill power in some way ... which is something that no gank group worth their names will let them do. There are excellent ways to drain power from enemy casters, right ? ;)

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
Fafnir said:
Yes i know thanes can do good, i've done it myself. But i will not play this game until they balance all classes. And thane is still one of the weakest classes.

Fafnir smells! :D :touch:

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
Case said:
Being an idiot yourself you'd be the expert on that subject why don't you tell me what you think

OMFG I'm more l33t than y00!11 y00 must be an 1d1ot11

Have maybe your Real Life Respect Points gone to your head?

Anyway back to the point...good class yes...balanced class yes...overpowered compared to other casters nope, except wizards but everyone knows they suck.

Saying a class is overpowered compared to other casters because it gets a 179 delve base case lifetap and bolt range mez when there are classes out there with comparable and often better abilities is just plain daft Oo they geta pet and can use ML9 on it like OMG!!11

I believe he was referring to the "only a few people want to play sorcs" comment, since there's omfgloads of the buggers around in NF - last time I was there anyway.

Rackham_Panzer

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh...the whine. The class has yet to appear on a Euro-server, but the OP albs starts the whining early this time.

Booooring...

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
When facts don't work, yes, I don't feel bad at all to resort to insults. Ilum gave you plenty of facts to debunk your silly statement (get it into your head, Sorcerers are no longer an underplayed class, and this is largely due to the massive loving the class has received lately), and yet you continue with your pointless crusade.

Tis good imo, this forum could use another balbor ~~

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Grats on RR8 Ilem.

Roga went partying with Aleron tonight the gimp so no lvls on Lanc :p

Btw: Earth spec theurg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><Warlock

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
was funny today, our rr9 sorc got hit by warlock hidden behind a tree, instakilled sorc before we got to him.. DI2 healed for 1700 Damage also, and sorc still died.. its just fucked up when its that easy to kill something.

Hide somewhere, grp passes, kill a caster, die, buff, hide behind a tree.. etc.. even BDs are harder to kill with fgs :)

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
No its quineard/cedrik from alb :p
Well answer Toxii's question god dammit, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat here waiting for a response :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom