Warlocks

Helme

Resident Freddy
Vasconcelos said:
Doubt your rm is able to drop 1900hps from a buffed reaver with 3 instas :eek:

Who needs instas when you nuke random albs for 500ish+crits every 1.2sec?

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
the reason there is whine vs them and vs bd's in the past and still is they can kill you without any skills being used and you can only counter them with abilities only accessable to certain classes.

This means that most classes die without ever standing a chance.

Yes the other casters are powerfull but they are interuptable, you cn counter what they do. With bd and it seems this class they just spam the same buttons in every situation and they win. Thats why they are disliked and should be nerfed.

Grimmen said:
I am quite sure that without no doubt the Warlock is a very viable and dangerous class. But that would be about time that mid got a caster that can compete with the rest of the op casters in both alb and hib.

Get a clue. BD is no talent wonder but still very powerfull and very good vs all the caster groups about was already a very strong class then they made it the only caster with banelord ~~, SM has 2 very viable specs and loads going for it especialy with LT dmg "bug" and RM has nukes equal to a wiz (and in theory better with the debuffy thing tho apparantly thats not worth it) and also has a viable second line to spec in.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Helme said:
Who needs instas when you nuke random albs for 500ish+crits every 1.2sec?

simple maths

the time you spend with 3 instas <<<<< 4.4secs u need to drop 2000 hps with castable nukes

Assuming ofc you cast at 1.2 (which i highly doubt it) and you dont get interrupted (by one of those instas e.g)

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Really guys....when I see that Warlocks does this damage vs enemies with capped resists, buffed to the teeth and with resist buffs then sure I'll agree they need a nerf but until that happens people are just yelling...loud.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Marcus75 said:
There are so many classes these days that kill a BD fairly easy and if you havnt seen that then you just see what you want to see. Unless you meet someone solo, that dosnt happen too often these days, its not like the lifetap is good enough to keep you up if the duo, trio or whatever has a clue about how do play.

Ah yes, 3v1, there's many 'classes' that can drop a BD fairly easy indeed. That was strategy #5: Bring a Friend.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Yes plz say more cuz' I don't understand what's over powered about 4/5 shot a merc, kill 2 other ppl and die to a mincer. I've done that with my RM xD

None of the crap can be interrupted is what. A RM on that bridge standing there would would have been interrupted first thing then slamlevi'd to death.

That and the uninterruptible lifetap seems to be cast faster than any DD spell in the game atm in addition to being much higher delve as well ... :eek:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
banelord merc, charge, unmana, gib :)

might have to IP at some point....

(unmana will slow down the uninterruptables)

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Grimmen said:
lol, how the hell can people scream about nerf when the game hasnt even been out for 2 weeks.

I mean that guy has played almost constatly since the release and he is obviously good at figuring out mechanics of a class. But you cant possibly have the right amount of data to justify a nerf after so short amount of time.

I am quite sure that without no doubt the Warlock is a very viable and dangerous class. But that would be about time that mid got a caster that can compete with the rest of the op casters in both alb and hib.

Hib has suffered in NF because their declining numbers and not because their classes lacks the dmg output and range. While mid sure has lost some ppl also but mids major problem is that it lacks in range and dmg output.

Mid strongest side is melee combat and you dont see much of that in NF, I mean hell mid have one lousy class that can use range weapons(That is if you dont count the throwing knifes of the SB which I choose to exclude). While both albs and hibs have several that can. Sure they dont do as much dmg as their fellow realm m8s that specialize in ranged weapons, but they still do a hell of a good job interupting and dishing out dmg when they work together.

Well, I am done ranting for now. :)

Haha! Ye those merc short bows r0x and yay armsmen can moc-xbow kill ppl \o/. Of course they'd be doing more damage throwing xbox's at ppl but not according to you, must be all those /assist Xbowmen on you :<. Tell me your not serious dude :p? Do you even believe half of what you wrote ? Mid casters are just as good as hib / alb casters, add to that you get the only caster able to be a Banelord which is uber :x and i'd say mid casters arent so weak ;>. Depending on your spec / ra selection you will do just as much damage and have the same range as your hib / mid counter parts.

Are you friends with herjulf by chance ?

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
Was that a scout the other dude in the video ? cause he dropped in under 1 sec o_O

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Marcus75 said:
Really guys....when I see that Warlocks does this damage vs enemies with capped resists, buffed to the teeth and with resist buffs then sure I'll agree they need a nerf but until that happens people are just yelling...loud.

Ok, its true Midgard needed another insta class. Alb n hib had gone too far with their instas :rolleyes:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Vasconcelos said:
Doubt your rm is able to drop 1900hps from a buffed reaver with 3 instas :eek:
3? He took 5 dmg taking hits before he died but yes I can do 1900 with 3 hits. Not instats but still faster than the warlock in the movie xD

Equendil said:
None of the crap can be interrupted is what. A RM on that bridge standing there would would have been interrupted first thing then slamlevi'd to death.
I've been standing on bridge solo before killing 4 ppl faster than that with my RM so not rly :>

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Zebolt said:
3? He took 5 dmg taking hits before he died but yes I can do 1900 with 3 hits. Not instats but still faster than the warlock in the movie xD

Still ne1 with an inch of coordination n reflexes in their fingers could press 3 instas long before u are able to land your 1st nuke on rm, delivering 2000 uninterruptible dmg in the same time your 1st nuke lands.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:

He got hit by a dot+bolt insta chamber then by DD+lifetap insta chamber (he resisted the DD), and by uninterruptible primer + one lifetap, then he landed levi and died to the third tick of the dot. So he died to 4 spells and there was another 5 ticks of a dot left (another 500+ dmg there just in case). Not really the point anyway, the problem is none of those could be interrupted.

Scout/ranger got killed by two lifetaps using uninterruptable primer from what I can tell.

Mind you, he apparently didn't have his third chamber up.

I've been standing on bridge solo before killing 4 ppl faster than that with my RM so not rly :>

Fact remains had *you* been on that bridge, you would have been interrupted by that reaver at range, then you would have been left with QC, MoC3 or run your ass off.

We all have stories about killing multiple people solo, now if you can't imagine how often that would happen if you had 6 high dmg spells as instas that you could cast in 4 seconds on top of a 100% 10s MoC + 225 delve lifetap capped at 0.8s, well I guess realm rank really means shit in this game, doesn't take millions of RPs to figure that one out. Now that mini MoC takes a lot of power, meaning you need like 2L5 for RP2 and 4L0 for RP2 + Purge2 and you want Tartaros Gift, then there's virtually nothing that can stop a warlock from killing smallish groups over and over and over, or invariably taking out *any* one/two characters of their choice out of a fg, and I'm not talking about warders running around unbuffed not paying attention, or we would be talking about decimating 4 out of a fg no problem :eek:

And then they have other goodies like powerless primer, increased range primer, spread heal, nearsight ... Edit: And power regen, 218 delve PBAE DD, snare.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Vasconcelos said:
Still ne1 with an inch of coordination n reflexes in their fingers could press 3 instas long before u are able to land your 1st nuke on rm, delivering 2000 uninterruptible dmg in the same time your 1st nuke lands.

2s cooldown on the instas, chamber 2s gap chamber 2s gap chamber

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, 2000 damage in 4s is about the same damage sorcs whack people for these days, so what's the problem? ;P

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Yep a nerf is certainly needed.... too magic damage in general seriously as others pointed out lots of casters can do sick damage in 6 seconds the warlock seems to be no different in that respect.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Tbh, 2000 damage in 4s is about the same damage sorcs whack people for these days, so what's the problem? ;P

The problem is that it's all instant damage (2s recast timer between two chambers), that 2000 dmg is a bare minimum, can do a lot more than that with a 109 delve dot that ticks 8 times, 239 delve bolt, 2x179 delve DD, 2x225 delve lifetap, or alternatively no dot and 3x lifetap, and that it's only half the story, there's also the uninterruptable lifetaps of doom that cap at 0.8s cast speed on top of that. Hell, just the dot could easily do 1000 points of damage now that resist pierce and damage modifiers work for dots.

And hell, we're not talking RR10 warlocks with 20% power relic bonus either.

It's also and again not the only thing Warlocks can do, they could just as well have 3 chambers up with Minor Heal/PBAE on top of uninterruptable PBAE they can cast at light speed + Banelord PBAE (since Warlocks were given Banelord, haha) + RR5 PBAE RA (heh) just in case something is still living after 5s. Can even throw Volcanic Pillar into the mix for fun. The regular PBAE is not very high delve (218, bigger radius than usual though, so less drop off), but that's a hell of a lot of PBAE spells that can be stacked in just a few seconds.

Mind you, with a high hexing spec, they could also do a similar but even nastier trick with their best PBAE (325 delve) but I don't expect many warlocks to go that route due to power issues and 'only' having 2 chambers (hello 255 delve lifetap and 126 delve, 8 ticks DoT however) .

Or they could play healer with 3 chambers loaded with spread heal + minor heal as instas, and cast spread heal non stop without power (albeit a little slow), or uninterrupted (and fast) when needed. Or just fall back to spread healing for no power after dumping their chambers and power bar on killing stuff.

Siege ? No problemo, increased range primer and cast dots and lifetaps at 2250 range before range bonus. That casts slow (5s base) but it sure beats watching trebs make a hole into a keep, and those dots and lifetaps are nasty enough to kill stuff.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
You do realise that once those chambers are emptied, the warlock has to rely on it's 4second castingtime for everything else? Reloading the chambers takes 10seconds for EACH.

Warlocks have a lot of frontloaded damage, but once it's been expended, they're pretty much helpless. They get no quickcast. They can cast uninterrupted (if they spec for it), but that costs 4seconds + castingtime for the spell they want to cast.

If you look at the dps of the spells versus the castingtime, you'll see that the warlock is actually LESS of damage dealer than other casters. Lots of frontloaded damage, and spend when they're gone.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
You do realise that once those chambers are emptied, the warlock has to rely on it's 4second castingtime for everything else? Reloading the chambers takes 10seconds for EACH.

Warlocks have a lot of frontloaded damage, but once it's been expended, they're pretty much helpless. They get no quickcast. They can cast uninterrupted (if they spec for it), but that costs 4seconds + castingtime for the spell they want to cast.

If you look at the dps of the spells versus the castingtime, you'll see that the warlock is actually LESS of damage dealer than other casters. Lots of frontloaded damage, and spend when they're gone.

Warlocks can cast spells in four different ways :

1) Regular spells : AF Buff, Abs Buff, Bladeturn.

2) Through Chambers in Witchcraft spec : hardcoded 10s cast time to load 1 chamber with a primary spell (cursing) + secondary spell (hexing) that can be then used as an insta.

3) Through Cursing spells : 4 seconds hardcoded (AFAIK) to cast, 2 spells at once, one primary (Cursing), one secondary (Hexing). Interruptable.

4) Through Primers in the Witchcraft spec : Uninterruptable Primer (2s), Increased Range Primer (5s), Powerless Primer (4.3s for common spec), Hexing spells can then be cast for 10s without primary spells, and they are cast at the same speed as the primer. That means using the uninterruptable primer, they can cast *any* hexing spell with a 2s base cast, 0.8s cap, which is the fastest cast time there is in DAoC. *No* damage spell were casting that fast before catacombs, fastest was 2.5s base capped at 1s. The only spells casting that fast before were nearsight and resist debuffs and maybe some minor spells. Now, we're far from 4s ...

Also, little correction from my initial post, it would seem the uninterruptable primer itself is not even interruptable.

I would gladly exchange my 'quick' cast for 10s of uninterruptable pwnzoring people casting uber lifetaps of doom if that's so gimp.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Equendil said:
Fact remains had *you* been on that bridge, you would have been interrupted by that reaver at range, then you would have been left with QC, MoC3 or run your ass off.
Apparently you haven't seen me in action ;)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
from lvl 1-50 (presume his 50 after all that rvr :)) and ding rr5... IN >8< DAYS??
What the heck when catacombs are here we are all "gone in 60 sec" anyway.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Equendil:

You, who seem to know everything about the Warlock and think the damage they do needs a huge nerf especially since all got matter resists high in every template ever made, know if you can cast more than one secondary during one Uninterruptable Primer? Cause if you cant then the guy doing that will go oop quite fast. Thats 35% power each cast otherwise.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Marcus75 said:
Equendil:

You, who seem to know everything about the Warlock and think the damage they do needs a huge nerf especially since all got matter resists high in every template ever made, know if you can cast more than one secondary during one Uninterruptable Primer? Cause if you cant then the guy doing that will go oop quite fast. Thats 35% power each cast otherwise.

Every secondary you will cast will cost 35% of your *base* power. Just tested on my cabby, and I could cast 8 pet summons on 90% of my power bar, each cast supposed to take 25% of my power. I actually summoned 10 thanks to the Arcane Siphon ability. Totally unbuffed, my power pool is ~220% of my base power pool. Will try with a brain buff and max power bonus from ToA when I can.

So anyway, yes, they'll consume power quite fast, especially casting at such a silly speed, but no it's not half as bad as it sounds on paper, especially not seeing as they get 6 freebies in chambers. I would expect about 8 uninterrupted spells on a power bar with decent stats and some buffage + 6 from chambers + arcane siphon casts. Sure, means as a Warlock, you *want* Raging Power 2, you *want* Tartaros Gift, you *want* Jacina's Sash, you want +26% power, and you want power pots, *anything* so you can cast more of those silly lifetaps.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Apparently you haven't seen me in action ;)

Probably not, maybe people drop dead to the smell, but the more you brag about it, the less I feel impressed already :eek:

Tbh, you know full well what you could do with 6 instas and an anytime 100% MoC+lifetap that hits harder than your spec DD and casts much faster as well.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
A quote from one who plays a Warlock:

just fyi, that's base power pool. it works like the theurg pet thingy.

i am level 43, and 39 hex 20 wc 8 curse, and i cast 3 of the "40%" uninterruptibles and have about 12% power left. i have 21% power pool (cap for level) and capped pie.

Here is another quote from the same topic:

At 30 WC (most common) you would be able to cast 2 unint LT/PBAE, as long as you have 70%+ power. Assuming you are using the unint because you are already in melee grasp (esp for the PBaE), if you dont kill everthing aorund you its over. Other than slow powerless primers, you are a paper weight (not counting RAs). You cant pull off another unint with a pwr potion.

Thread is here:

http://vnboards.ign.com/Midgard_Warlock_Professions/b22793/80324330/?4

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Equendil said:
8 days after the release of catacombs in the U.S., the first Warlock hit RR5 insta killing people all over the Percival server. Main strategy : Load up 3 chambers with damage spells, run up to ennemies, solo or fg, unload 3000ish points of insta damage in 4 seconds (plus another 7 ticks of a high dmg dot to come just in case) while casting uninterruptable lifetaps on top of it when possible/needed (got to cast an interruptible spell once before the lifetaps). If in a siege, load up 3 chambers, find target, unload chambers, say thanks for RPs, rince/repeat.

Sounds like fun.

I wanna bet the class will be nerfed long before Catacombs hits Europe :)

i smell a new BD whine fest! gonna load up on cheese here :p

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Marcus if you're going to quote people on vnboards playing lvl 40ish toons or that don't have a clue, just because they're posting on the warlock forum -which anyone can do -, well, best just stop the discussion here tbh.

Seriously, I see you have casters in your sig, if one of those has proper gear, you can do the same test I did and summon pets until out of power, your spirimaster is supposed to spend 25% of his power on a single summon just like my cabalist for instance.

If I can cast 8*25% spells on 90% of a power bar unbuffed, I would be casting 6 35% spells on the same power bar still unbuffed. With max +power% (missing 5%) and some brain buff, I'm sure I could squeeze in a couple more.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
I know that percentages dosnt always apply but from what Ive read and from what Ive played so far with my lvl25 Warlock I think once the Warlock has fired off his chambers he will be much more limited than you seem to think...I do also think that resists do make quite a big diffrence for this even if I agree that many of the Warlock spells got high delves currently.

I'll guess time will show us how this class turns out...I just get very annoyed with alot of people who just go make a post because they lost a fight and judgeing from many of the VN posts I've read that is the case. (and no I dont think your posts are like that since you clearly have been reading up alot on the Warlock)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom