Warlocks

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
8 days after the release of catacombs in the U.S., the first Warlock hit RR5 insta killing people all over the Percival server. Main strategy : Load up 3 chambers with damage spells, run up to ennemies, solo or fg, unload 3000ish points of insta damage in 4 seconds (plus another 7 ticks of a high dmg dot to come just in case) while casting uninterruptable lifetaps on top of it when possible/needed (got to cast an interruptible spell once before the lifetaps). If in a siege, load up 3 chambers, find target, unload chambers, say thanks for RPs, rince/repeat.

Sounds like fun.

I wanna bet the class will be nerfed long before Catacombs hits Europe :)

Comos

Loyal Freddie
we can only hope so even if just a little of all that is what it sounds like...

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
daoc rox and the developers sure know how to make a balanced game... :puke:

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Lol...sure it will be nerfed, people whine about it loud already. I mean heaven forbid peeps actually get some time to work out a strategy vs Warlocks like they did for the overpowered Bonedancers.

You cant use 3 chambers at once, it takes 2 seconds for each time you can use it. I mean heaven forbid peeps discover that the Warlock spell are matter damage and figure out a big reason why they hit hard - come back when you think they will do as well when people have capped matter resists and resist buffs. In the zerg fights that are these days not only will anyone with orbs over their head be the prime target they wont have a chance in hell to reload those chambers...in fg vs fg its not like the peeps in the uber RvR-guilds got time to wait 30 seconds after each fight for the Warlock to reload his shotgun - that is if he hasnt blown all his power on spamming quickcasts and are completly oop.

Oh sorry went off-topic...Nerf them all, nerf Bonedancers, savages, insta-mezz, insta-stun, sorcs, chanters, reaver-bombs, debuff-cabbys, animist, shrooms, sm-pets, ML's, RA's, boiling oil, assist-train and whatever else we can think of.... :rolleyes:

Cozak

Part of the furniture
level 50 and RR5 in 8 days? :O whoever that is needs to get a frickin life

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Marcus75 said:
Lol...sure it will be nerfed, people whine about it loud already. I mean heaven forbid peeps actually get some time to work out a strategy vs Warlocks like they did for the overpowered Bonedancers.

"Tis not ovepowered" litany #1 : "Use tictacs" :eek:

'strategies'... This game must really be taxing on brain cells ...

1) Pray the BD is crap and kill him before he remembers how to click /face + LT or why he is AFK in a RvR zone.
2) Stun the BD and kill him if by miracle he doesn't purge and didn't resist. Assuming you're playing a class that can dish out that kind of damage of course.
3) MoC3 and lifetap, pray he doesn't use ML1 banelord.
4) Nearsight and kill if by miracle he doesn't purge, didn't resist or got close enough to interrupt before dying.
5) Bring friends.
6) Mez the BD and run away if by miracle he doesn't purge or resist
7) Root the BD and run away if by miracle he doesn't purge, doesn't resist and is too stupid to cast DD's on top of lifetaps.
8) Die.

Usually boils down to 1), 5) or 8).

Oh there's the strategy from the point of view of a BD too
1) if CC'd -> purge
2) if no target then hit 'last target'
3) /face, spam insta, run after target if target is running away

For uber skilled BDs :

4) cast insta debuff and spam baseline DDs too

pwnzor BDs only :

5) Put root on your quickbar. Never use it but it looks good on screenshots.

You cant use 3 chambers at once, it takes 2 seconds for each time you can use it.

Means 6 insta spells in 4 seconds, some of which are higher delve than anything in the game atm. That's without the uninterruptible lifetaps on top of it.

I mean heaven forbid peeps discover that the Warlock spell are matter damage and figure out a big reason why they hit hard - come back when you think they will do as well when people have capped matter resists and resist buffs.

"Tis not overpowered" litany #2 : "Use resists"

Because a 225 delve lifetap or a 109 delve dot that lasts 8 ticks (that's 63% more damage than the best dot in the game) have nothing to do with doing a hell of a lot of damage, neither is casting a lot of those spells in just a few seconds. Neither is those spells being interruptible.

In the zerg fights that are these days not only will anyone with orbs over their head be the prime target they wont have a chance in hell to reload those chambers...

"Tis not overpowered" litany #3 : "But we can die too"
"Tis not overpowered" litany #4 : "But we can't kill an entire zerg (apart from when we do)".

Good thing they can also cast spells without power then or beyond regular range ... Sieges provide plenty of times to reload chambers as well. And tbh, I've heard every single support/caster class claim they are the prime target of everyone.

in fg vs fg its not like the peeps in the uber RvR-guilds got time to wait 30 seconds after each fight for the Warlock to reload his shotgun - that is if he hasnt blown all his power on spamming quickcasts and are completly oop.

"Tis not overpowered" litany #5 : "We don't fit in a GG (apart from when we do)".

If warlocks can ensure at least two straight kills in a few seconds every encounter, you can be sure the "uber RvR-guilds" will be happy to wait 30s after each fight for the Warlock to reload his "shotgun". I'm sure the same fgs will find a use for ML PBAE + PBAE chambers + uninterruptible PBAE.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Rofl, watching a video, it would seems warlocks cast their lifetaps with uninterruptible primer in 2s base before modifiers. It's just sick.

Funkybunny

Banned
Equendil said:
Rofl, watching a video, it would seems warlocks cast their lifetaps with uninterruptible primer in 2s base before modifiers. It's just sick.
givf link to video!

Litmus

Resident Freddy
lol... catacombs has been live 8days and his /played time is 8days xD

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
even i can figure out that warlocks wont be so much part of roaming RvR but at keepdef!!

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
lol, how the hell can people scream about nerf when the game hasnt even been out for 2 weeks.

I mean that guy has played almost constatly since the release and he is obviously good at figuring out mechanics of a class. But you cant possibly have the right amount of data to justify a nerf after so short amount of time.

I am quite sure that without no doubt the Warlock is a very viable and dangerous class. But that would be about time that mid got a caster that can compete with the rest of the op casters in both alb and hib.

Hib has suffered in NF because their declining numbers and not because their classes lacks the dmg output and range. While mid sure has lost some ppl also but mids major problem is that it lacks in range and dmg output.

Mid strongest side is melee combat and you dont see much of that in NF, I mean hell mid have one lousy class that can use range weapons(That is if you dont count the throwing knifes of the SB which I choose to exclude). While both albs and hibs have several that can. Sure they dont do as much dmg as their fellow realm m8s that specialize in ranged weapons, but they still do a hell of a good job interupting and dishing out dmg when they work together.

Well, I am done ranting for now. :)

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Mythic will never understand that insta killing classes ruin Daoc. The more the dmg is the less fun players get. Nothing compair with a long duaration fight that holds your adrenaline high. Insta kill people or get insta killed is what makes most players disapointed.
Mythic might learn this some day but it will be too late then i guess.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Vermillon said:
Mythic will never understand that insta killing classes ruin Daoc. The more the dmg is the less fun players get. Nothing compair with a long duaration fight that holds your adrenaline high. Insta kill people or get insta killed is what makes most players disapointed.
Mythic might learn this some day but it will be too late then i guess.
Thats so true, back in the good ol days, sorry to keep saying this, but an fg vs fg fight could last anything like 5 minutes in Emain, now its reduced to 3 seconds to wipe 1fg. Thats draining the fun out of RvR in a big way.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Equendil:

About BD-whine:

There are so many classes these days that kill a BD fairly easy and if you havnt seen that then you just see what you want to see. Unless you meet someone solo, that dosnt happen too often these days, its not like the lifetap is good enough to keep you up if the duo, trio or whatever has a clue about how do play.

About the Warlock LT and dot-whine:

That lifetap is high I agree on that but it only returns 60% health wich isnt that much. The dot also is high but a cabby or a menta that double dots in, usually, the same time or faster hits for more.

In the end it comes down to people crying over a class thats is good and isnt in their own realm usually, in the same way people are fairly clueless about what Vampiirs and Heretics actually can do endgame. The single biggest reason for the "Nerf Warlocks"-chants is because they do their frontload damage fast in the beginning of the fights. Oh well, never mind, I got no chance in hell to make bigger noise than all the peeps who yell nerf in every breath they take so it will be nerfed no questions about that.

Lets hope they nerf the Heretics group buff shear-proc as well as remove the Vampiir mezz and reduce its HoT to a lvl9 shammy frigg...

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Btw..read this from a Warlock nerf-thread...it seems a little more likely than what Equendil posted at the top:

For the love of god, please find some kind of intellegent point other than "I died because my cleric didn't bother to heal me, the rest of my group didn't bother to stun or support me in any way, I'm the only sorc known to DAOC that doesn't run around with a chain stunning charmed pet, I am an overpowered sorc that has made a living on easy kills, and can't be bothered with tactics of any sort, this class killed someone once therefor must be nerfed whinefest."
I remember the flood of whines that came when the Bonedancer came around. Before someone baught a clue, BDs were holy terrors. I had one of the 1st 50s on our server in a group, everyone died except the BD, the albs had 4 still up and he kited LTs while getting healed by his pets and took every last alb out. It was great fun to watch as I was lying on the ground.
Given the example laid out here, almost any caster with a clue would have aced you. stun and would have you dead in half the time it takes to unload 3 chambers. Let's substitute Warlock with say a Shadow Control specced Eldy. You roll casually on eldy, as you approch Eldy Nearsights you, then mezzes you and your grp. He nukes you to death, if you purge the mezz he 9 second stun nukes you most likely at capped cast speed of 1.2 seconds at 209 a shot. Unlike, the warlock who after he dumps his chambers has 2 options, option 1 use uninteruptable primer at a cost of 35% of his power and be oop real quick, or 2 try to get away with casting powerless primer which at 30 WC is modified down form abysmally slow 4.3 seconds to cast. The eldritch can start ripping across the rest of the group at 1.2 second cast times for 209 delve a nuke. Anyone in the group gets uppity and he cad cast his 9 second baseline stun and tear you group apart.
Listen and repeat after me, Warlocks are not 1 shotting people unless the get incrediblely lucky with major crits. The typical 43Hex 30 curse spec in a chamber you will be hit by a combo of a 179 Baseline delve spell my 50 spec 179 delve snare nuke on my supp runie is lucky to give me 250-300 real damage after resists nonspecced will be all over the map, and a 225 delve lifetap which could hit for about 499, so in real damage would be about 700-750 damage out of 1 chamber. This hardly will kill anyting that isn't half dead already. The 3rd chamber gets base bolt which from lots of experience with my supp runie, and as a RC runie before I respecced him is likely to get blocked all together. Basebolt if it hits you lands for huge varience 239 delve damage which will hit you for 500 damage if the warlock is lucky + about 500 damage from lifetap or 1000 damage. No 1 chamber death there. Really people in about 2 seconds most any class in the game will do as much or more damage. Warlocks have the advantage of putting them in an instant chamber. After the chambers gone, unlike every other caster in the game, they are down to way sub par DPS until they can take 10 seconds a chamber hard coded to reload them.
Here's another clue, bring a heretic along with your clerics, and have 3 DI classes, and 1 that has paladin like AF, shoots machine gun spell that ramps to insane damge, and has the option of an uninteruptable damage spell, AND can heal, rez, ect.
Here's another clue, Air theurg. His chain stunning air pets from bolt range, and still gets a 209 delve DD spell, AND can mezz too. Personally, I think a warlock would have a world of trouble with and air theurg. Most likely to get away from stun city you'd have to blow a chamber maybe all of them and after the air theurg is mostly already nuking them to death, and you better hope you have the power left to uninteruptable enough nukes to kill him.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Grimmen said:
I am quite sure that without no doubt the Warlock is a very viable and dangerous class. But that would be about time that mid got a caster that can compete with the rest of the op casters in both alb and hib.

This made me laugh out loud...

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
daoc rox and the developers sure know how to make a balanced game... :puke:

you could always go WoW, blizzard are well known for there great balance and servers with no hacks whatsoever, and servers that never lag or go off line! ohhh hang on diablo and diablo 2 just came to mind :p

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Jacilja said:
you could always go WoW, blizzard are well known for there great balance and servers with no hacks whatsoever, and servers that never lag or go off line! ohhh hang on diablo and diablo 2 just came to mind :p

Lol, Blizzard, no hacks...LOL

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Thats so true, back in the good ol days, sorry to keep saying this, but an fg vs fg fight could last anything like 5 minutes in Emain, now its reduced to 3 seconds to wipe 1fg. Thats draining the fun out of RvR in a big way.

if they removed any form of crowd control the fights would last a lot longer, instead of he who mezz's first wins.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Marcus75 said:
Here's another clue, Air theurg. His chain stunning air pets from bolt range, and still gets a 209 delve DD spell, AND can mezz too. Personally, I think a warlock would have a world of trouble with and air theurg. Most likely to get away from stun city you'd have to blow a chamber maybe all of them and after the air theurg is mostly already nuking them to death, and you better hope you have the power left to uninteruptable enough nukes to kill him.

After watching the video, sorry dont think any caster with 1500hps buffed n 600AF, besides mebbe the sorc, could kill that warlock who almost depletes a full buffed reaver hp bar with 3 instas from long range. Guaranted the warlock will be defendless like a baby after this but thats another history.

Personally, im looking forward challenges btwn the new classes. Im curious about banshee vs warlock.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
if they removed any form of crowd control the fights would last a lot longer, instead of he who mezz's first wins.
Add to that /assist trains, PBAoE....the list goes on, but you cant cap it all I guess. IMO both mellee and magic (especially magic) do way too much damage, 2 hit kills on a tank with 2k HP is just daft.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
SI came with savages etc, Catacombs came with warlocks etc, they got to sell it somehow.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Yes plz say more cuz' I don't understand what's over powered about 4/5 shot a merc, kill 2 other ppl and die to a mincer. I've done that with my RM xD

Agree, with good equipment it could probably be done by a Dark SM, Dark RM, BD, Chanter, Eld, Menta, Sorc, Cabby, Theurg or Wizzy - it would probably go even faster if any of these casters faced a target with poor resists to their damage - I mean there is a reason why legendary weapons are so good with the debuff proc and why debuff-nukers are evil as hell...resists make up for a big chunk of this came in case some havnt realized that yet.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Someone compared the Warclock to a shotgun, which is probably a good comparison. Will unload massive damage in a short time, then be totally gimped 5 seconds later. Divine Intervention will stop the initial damage, then the warlock will have to use his lovely double castspeed, standard spells.

No doubt its a good class, but let it at least get warmed up before altered (read: nerfed).

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Zebolt said:
Yes plz say more cuz' I don't understand what's over powered about 4/5 shot a merc, kill 2 other ppl and die to a mincer. I've done that with my RM xD

I'm not saying warlocks doesn't look freekishly over powered but that video show nothing rly ^^

Doubt your rm is able to drop 1900hps from a buffed reaver with 3 instas :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom