Warlocks in leirvik

Galahah

Fledgling Freddie
Hey FOTM warlocks.

is it just me or is warlocks just plain and simple a stupid class to face?
i mean hell what can you do vs a warlock? mezz them and run yeah where is the fun in that? 1 thing is 100% sure if you start nukeing them your dead 1 DoT= 860+ hps.

ohh yeah btw to all the warlocks in leirvik before you start flameing me then remember that i didnt call you stupid it was the class :fluffle:

flame away....

Everz

FH is my second home
Yeh the zergers have moaned .. i couldnt think of anything better to say :eek:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Were you there last night?

If so, I played my healer and my bd before I got my WL out. The only reason I switched to WL is because there were about 10 scouts and infils, a reaver and theurgist. And they wouldn't come to us even though there was just four of us most of the time.

Playing WL is pretty boring. It's as easy as playing Sorc on my Alb/Pry account is. I mean its ok if you cba but there's very little or no skill involved.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
Were you there last night?

If so, I played my healer and my bd before I got my WL out. The only reason I switched to WL is because there were about 10 scouts and infils, a reaver and theurgist. And they wouldn't come to us even though there was just four of us most of the time.

Playing WL is pretty boring. It's as easy as playing Sorc on my Alb/Pry account is. I mean its ok if you cba but there's very little or no skill involved.

freshly dumped large pile of bull shit

I was there that day on my reaver there was never more than 5 people in leirvik that day (from alb), there was you the oh so fukin straff+lt skillfull DB ftw, I Buttonspammer extraordinaire, there was a warlock, an archer class and i think 1 stealther class, when i first arrived the mids were easily outbumbering the albs this is what it ended as, for the albs there was 1 reaver 1 thurg, 2 archer/stealther classes.

You play a BD and a Warlock hahahah.... hahhahahaha........hahhahahah...."mutters skilless noob" oh and i forgot a god dam bulshitter too.

on and the comming for you what do you expect, a warlock and a BD on the wall, do we look as stupid as the mids ???, nope thats prolly why we didnt come to you. anyway its becoming more of a trend for non mids to leave leirvik when the warlocks/BD's start appearing, so GL playing in leirvik by yourself.

P.S. its even funnier how you compare a warlock to a sorc, in terms of easiness to play, god thats almost sig worthy.

Everz

FH is my second home
Think about the hibs! I have to play m ranger cos we dont exist there :eek:

Edit : Warlocks/BD's/Sorcs are skilless newb toons :mad:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Kalidur said:
P.S. its even funnier how you compare a warlock to a sorc, in terms of easiness to play, god thats almost sig worthy.

Typical response from the typical Freddy's House ten year old Alb.

How is as Src harder to play that a warlock? Did I say a Sorc is more powerful or as equally powerful as a Warlock? Did I shite. I said they're as easy to play as the other. In fact a Sorc is easier really. You have ... ooo... a whole .. five buttons or so, and a pet panel. Then MoC3 on another key. That's all I have on mine mate.

My Warlock has two Qbars of stuff. That makes the class harder to play in my estimation, not easier than a Sorc.

Again, more powerful is not easier. Sorc is a no brainer. You obviously don't know a thing about Warlocks cept that you instant die to them or you'd never say they're so simple to play.

Again, powerful. Not simple. You're simple..

Oh and quick edit - Suppose you're gonna say that you were solo in BG5 today and I was there with fifty Mids as well?

Again, two Mids six Albs. I play a BD as it's that or WL or Healer... WL is too easy, so it's BD. Again you all stand at your claimed tower not attacking even though I'm in a duo - I get bored, log WL, kill you all and you log. Fair play, fighting a WL is boring but that's not my fault. BD was my first choice remember. oO

Everz

FH is my second home
Since i dont like sorc i do qbar setup :)..

1. AoE Mezz
2. Debuff
3. Life Tap
4. /macro rude /rude
5. /macro laugh /laugh
6. /macro epeen /s my epeen has grown +1
7. Charm
8. DoT

yyaaarrr

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
Typical response from the typical Freddy's House ten year old Alb.

How is as Src harder to play that a warlock? Did I say a Sorc is more powerful or as equally powerful as a Warlock? Did I shite. I said they're as easy to play as the other. In fact a Sorc is easier really. You have ... ooo... a whole .. five buttons or so, and a pet panel. Then MoC3 on another key. That's all I have on mine mate.

My Warlock has two Qbars of stuff. That makes the class harder to play in my estimation, not easier than a Sorc.

Again, more powerful is not easier. Sorc is a no brainer. You obviously don't know a thing about Warlocks cept that you instant die to them or you'd never say they're so simple to play.

Again, powerful. Not simple. You're simple..

haha sometimes you should read calm down than reply.

i never made a comparrision in terms of power between a lock and a sorc, that was you, i just said a lock is easier to play than a sorc. if u only have 5 buttons on your sorc you really arnt playing it properly, but comming from mr button basher extraordinaire i wouldnt put it past u, if you thought that is what sorcs are all about. (remeber this is only the BG's but i guess you have a nack of assuming) you have a lot to learn about a sorc.

If your understanding is that the more buttons you use the harder your character is to play, than you really need to stick to your BD and lock, as i said before you'll be shit at any other class. Why dont you play a real mid class one that actually requires u to think rather than button bash.

you know what BD's remind me of, space invaders all they do is straff left than right and fire. its even worse when one of these actually thinks its skill that gets them the kills. play a runie or a spirit master in leirvik and i'll give you some respect till than your just a button bashing noob.

I played a fire wizard in leirvik and got him upto rr3, I only used 1 Qbar and i found it a lot harder to play the firewizard than any other character i've trained up.

EDIT: i was there last night in BG5 there were also 4 warlocks and 3 other mids, as the original poster would agree.

oh you say you find a warlock too easy to play so you switch to a BD, lmao the irony in that, thats 2 sig worthy statements you've made now.

Everz

FH is my second home
Firewiz in 1 Qbar.. Hard!? all you need is your 2 bolts and base line attack :eek:

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
Firewiz in 1 Qbar.. Hard!? all you need is your 2 bolts and base line attack :eek:

its why i used the firewizard as an example on paper 2 bolts 1 DD sounds simple, but its far from it, you have to pick your targets carefully, one of the hardest things to do as a firewizard is stay alive, than you got all the stealthers and archers after ya.

yes 1 qbar but a dam low survivability makes it hard to play.

you cant just pick a target and unleash unless its a caster your not gonna drop em in 2 bolts, not to mention so many classes have interupts which = end of firewizard, u have to be very patient and think before you just go out all gung ho.

Ging

Part of the furniture
RS|Phil said:
You have ... ooo... a whole .. five buttons or so, and a pet panel. Then MoC3 on another key. That's all I have on mine mate.

lol u only use 5 buttons?

I use 3 full bars when i play my sorc in grp rvr - and fyi ive completely given up taking on any warlock solo - ill mezz em and move away. The only time i would take one on is if i have a good(ish) pet up, most of the time i cba searching for 30 min every death finding one. Event then due to the uninteruptable cast i would guess i would die before pet had time to kill it.

i wonder if alb or hib would ever been given a class like that?

mezz and run :)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Kalidur said:
Why dont you play a real mid class one that actually requires u to think rather than button bash.

you know what BD's remind me of, space invaders all they do is straff left than right and fire. its even worse when one of these actually thinks its skill that gets them the kills. play a runie or a spirit master in leirvik and i'll give you some respect till than your just a button bashing noob.

oh you say you find a warlock too easy to play so you switch to a BD, lmao the irony in that, thats 2 sig worthy statements you've made now.

Hmm.. You make me lol irl :) I can only play three classes in BG5 because every other toon I have is 50. Including my other healer. oO

Plus you're very much mistaken : a bd is easy, sure, in a 1 vs 1 situation but you still need to be somewhat canny when you take on four scouts and an inf solo as I'm so used to doing. Keep them all int and rooting the add tanks isn't the easiest thing. Take the few times I've pld my bd last few days. Got jumped by three scouts, an inf, and that ice theurgist. My hunter mate was firing into you all from the wall, but I had you all on me. In the first 5s of the fight I'd rooted the inf, killed the theurgist, interrupted one scout, petted another, and debuffed the final one, and set a gt for twf whilst killing the inf. Fine, BD is easy peasy, but a lesser player would have died in that situation.

And FYI : I didn't say a warlock was too easy so I played bd. I said I played BD cos WL is boringly easy but in a stand off situation it makes a welcome change to outrange all your Albion classes. If you're just gonna stand in your tower even when I'm running round solo in the open I'll get my WL and range-cast dot you every time till you log. It's your own fucking fault for being so booorrring.

D

Dinnin

I Pity u

Phil how can u cope with these alb retards???? Just reading this i went into trauma.... Just so u albs know we have had to put up with your zerging for ages, and now when Mids get one overpowered class u get all pissed i cant even listen to this

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Secretly I enjoy sending them into spasms of rage.

Everz

FH is my second home
Yey for 1850 Bainshee AoE bolt equaling sorc mez! :touch:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
or the fact a good vamp is unkillable in melee when your unbuffed :eek:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Or that Banshee's CAE murder entire groups thrrough walls/doors/towers/jumpyjumpywindows.

Galahah

Fledgling Freddie
why is it that you have to turn everything into a flame? :touch:

lifetap lifetap lifetap..... when i start lifetapping a warlock with a chamber up i just jeg dotted and bolted to death in 3-5 secs can´t do anything.

ohh yeah and respect to the thane in leirvik :clap: good job matey ( name was "thon" something ) :flame:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Galahah said:
why is it that you have to turn everything into a flame? :touch:

It's the rules of FH.

I'm sure we're all very nice people behind the 17 inches of glass we're looking at but as soon as it comes to an internet forum we all have to be e-hard in our little e-gangs.

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
Edit : Warlocks/BD's/Sorcs are skilless newb toons :mad:

Stun,pbaoe,pbaoe,pbaoe (tanks might need one more pbaoe nowdays though) = dead ... now I dont remember what this class was called.. easyanter or sth. Anyway sorc DOES need some skills to play cause 1st: mezz IS NOT INSTANT like in some other classes I know and 2nd: if you loose the mezz then you are dead, and they cant heal other. But I think Albion should be completely nerfed so that you guys could farm easier than now.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Tzan said:
Stun,pbaoe,pbaoe,pbaoe (tanks might need one more pbaoe nowdays though) = dead ... now I dont remember what this class was called.. easyanter or sth. Anyway sorc DOES need some skills to play cause 1st: mezz IS NOT INSTANT like in some other classes I know and 2nd: if you loose the mezz then you are dead, and they cant heal other. But I think Albion should be completely nerfed so that you guys could farm easier than now.

No one that's not an Alb (or a very open minded and self honest Alb) will ever agree with you that a Sorc isn't OP and easy to play. Most of us know they are cos we've tried them at one point or another. Or gone onto Camlann (pre Cata) and seen that 90% of the population that aren't stealthers are Sorcs.

I will admit that Sorcs are a fair class when the same people that stress they are fair admit that Warlocks and BD are underpowered.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Sorcs are powerfull i'll agree with that but only after they get moc3 or rr5 until than they're just a decent caster, only real advantage is the bolt range mezz, its only the people who jump on the whining bandwagon that whine about the bolt range mezz, anyone with half a brain realises that sorcs are albs main CCer, when you compare the CC sorcs get to insta AOE mezz, Insta AOE Stun (WTF was that about), the bolt range mezz isnt really an advantage. (i would happily sacrifice my bolt range mezz for 1500 ranged insta aoe mezz)

when a caster can take on 3 scouts and an infil, and come out on top in leirvik on a regular basis they're OP, it has nothing to do with skill, archers and stealther are there to be caster killers

in my opinion i'd say Warlocks top the OP classes closely followed by the BD in the BG's (it is the BG forums and we aint talking about rr5 or NF), than would prolly be the thurg (aminists are situational either extremely OP or useless) I'd also put them with the thurg. closely followed by all hib baseline stun casters, than i'd say spiritmaster/Sorc.

Banshee's are a dark horse i've not fought them enough to make a true judgement. They're killable, warlocks and BD's are not 1 vs 1, the only toon i have ever been able to kill BD's with was my firewizard, bolt 1 QC bolt 2, if the BD had been damaged before my first bolt hit the pets healing would kick in and the BD would survive.

bd''s get permement moc3+LT, plus 2 healing pets

one of the biggest arguments making sorcs OP is the moc3+LT, only thing is that sorcs have to get high RR to get that effect. (at least rr4 for moc3 which is impossible in leirvik)

if the BD/Warlock was the type of character thats only OP in the right hands it wouldnt be much an issue its only because any tom dick and harry can pull out a BD/Warlock and achieve the same effects.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:

thats comming from a warlock player

oh he's the same person who only uses 5 buttons on his sorc

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Kalidur said:
thats comming from a warlock player

oh he's the same person who only uses 5 buttons on his sorc

Yeh and both are really easy to play. And by 5 buttons I mean 5 I use when I'm fighting, I don't count af buff charm or pet controls in that, or MA or anythign else that's out of combat used. I do use 5 buttons on my Sorc and I kill easily.

Like I said, easy and skill-less for the most part. Sometimes being a decent player comes into the equation but in a 1vs1 never does it happen. Especially since we're talking BGs and not FG RvR.

I think we're going in circles and I do agree with most of your points, since I did make them myself and have done before and probably will do again but there's something I'd like to answer before we leave this thread

Sorcs are powerfull i'll agree with that but only after they get moc3 or rr5 until than they're just a decent caster, only real advantage is the bolt range mezz, its only the people who jump on the whining bandwagon that whine about the bolt range mezz, anyone with half a brain realises that sorcs are albs main CCer, when you compare the CC sorcs get to insta AOE mezz, Insta AOE Stun (WTF was that about), the bolt range mezz isnt really an advantage. (i would happily sacrifice my bolt range mezz for 1500 ranged insta aoe mezz)

I can't agree with the high RR MoC3 evaluation here as my Dark SM could take out many people and they are inferior to Sorcs it has to be said. And again we're talking BGs so let's talk BGs. A Sorc will have far more success in all the BGs since their CC is by far superior to a Dark Spiritmaster's, they have arguably a better pet - ok the intercept SM is good but its not a high % till level 50 with capped dex buffs for the pet - and even if their DD is baseline the damager difference isn't huge compared to SMs again.

So they are strong at any RR in my evaluation.

I'd like to address the Healer CC you raise as well. Even at 50 a Healer's CC is touch and go. Why? Most Pac Healers cannot afford to spec high enough in the Pacification line to get the highest instan ae stun or mez. And if we're talking BGs and again we are :p Then NO HEALER in ANY BG has a high level insta. They have gimp insta.

Which means several things for their instant CC.

1> It's low level so has high chance to be resisted.
2> It's low radius so it gets only the leading people in a group.(
3> It's low timer, so taking resists and any det/stoicism into account its pretty feeble.

Regardless of those points healer CC is on a 10 minute recast, verses a Sorc's unint 30second superior QC CC. A sorc AE mez has this over a Healer's/Bard's

1> Longer range
2> Much faster unint recast (30s vs 10minute)
3> Larger radius, normally encompassing the entire group with its 350 radius (400 is possible or even likely in bg5 and btw 400 radius is bigger than ANY other mez in game)
4> Longer mez timer. Sorcerers have the longest mez spell in the game, higher than the highest level Healer's or Bard's even if they spec'd that high.
5> Higher spell level. Generally, a Sorc will spec higher than a healer or bard especially in the BGs so % to resist a sorc is low than our main CC.

Just want to reitterate a few things to make sure my counterpoint to Sorc vs Healer/Bard CC is made clear. This part of my post is purely CC vs CC btw.

Sorc has longest mez in game, longest range mez in game, and largest radius (area) of any mez in game, and overall in BGs a higher spell level mez.

350 radius 1875 range 30 second unint recast vs 150 radius 1500 range 10 minute recast.

But we can heal and ae stun (our stun is same as mez btw in that its low spell lvl and radius and range and on a 10min recast).

:)

Sorry for long post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom