Everz

FH is my second home
Hmmm Hi-jack thread time..

Sama you gay x2 .., haha owned :kissit:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
sig material.. thx :m00:

Why don't you just put a quote in about something I didn't say using the quote tags? Ah wait a minute....

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
Been a looong time since I played in bg's,well pretty much since wow came out tbh but it's getting boring all the whining about warlocks on here.
Now lets take a look at classes and compare
Scout-Ranger-Hunter-Scout comes out on top each time as they just block,shield stun,run every time then turn and kill you in 3 shots.If your another archer class you may as well 4get it once the block comes up.So Alb class 1 up over Mid/Hib archers.
Sorc-Warlock-Ench-Sorc wins hands down imo thx to pet,bolt rng mezzes and crazy dmg lifetaps.Now i will grant that if your stupid enough to 1v1 a warlock then your gonna die,they were made to do that and do it very well but all of a warlocks mana goes into that insta kill leaving him dead in the water whereas a sorc can pet 1 person,mezz others then lifetap at will so as i see it warlocks will always get a 1v1 kill but sorcs are better at taking out 2-3 ppl at a time.Alb comes out on top again here (in my opinion)
Infs-Sb-Shades/Vamps-Now ive not come up against a vamp whilst playing my sb so i dont know but from talking to blades that have it seems vamps may be the newkids on the block in the stealth wars but ill reserve judgement here till ive fought 1 but either way sbs are bottom of the pile here again so its between infs/vamps.

Could go on but bored now,to me it just seems like certain albs (not all as there are some very skilled albs,honest there are,who play their classes well) who are crying into their milk (most not old enough to drink much else,legally anyways ;) ) because the other 2 realms now have a class that they cant 1v1 rape with their scouts/infs/mincers.
Stop whining about it,mids have been ( an maybe hibs i dunno) having to get used to not being able to 1v1 alb classes for a Loooooooong time,Necros my hunter can take 1 or 2 down but generally they take me,Sorcs once my arrows bounce off the brittle guard,bladeturn im mezzed an then hit for like 800 dmg in 3 lifetaps an dead in 5 seconds.Merc,not a chance if they know what they doing.Palys,again not much hope as i dont get enough dmg on them from rng to kill them an they just cyclethe healing/endurance chants as they charge me then combat me down.Thuergs,if i get past brittle guards an bt's then i have a chance if the 15 spammed pets dont stun the pants of me then combat/nuke me.

Sorry guys no sympathy here we have 1 new caster class who does what he was designed for to kill 1v1 an u moan,learn how tobeat them or avoid them its not like they hard to spot with bloody great big glowing balls above their heads,unlike clerics who u think is a casteran u attack with your sb and get destroyed when a staff appears in their hands and they doing more dmg more than you with your 2h axe.

Damm that was a big :m00: post

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Balthus said:
Blah, blah, blah, albs are mythics love child, blah, blah, blah, albs are all over-rated noobs, blah, blah, blah, its about time mids had an OP class, Blah, Blah

Quoted loosely :)

even mythic has admitted to warlocks being OP. erm DUH!

This is the BG forums and i refuse to acknowledge your crappy analogy on classes.

Sorcs are not OP in the BG's they only reach there OPness at later stages, a sorc in leirvik, cannot get moc3, neither can they have there RR5 ability, in leirvik they're just as good as any other half decent caster. I've stated this before insta AOE mezz > bolt range mezz. and in the BG's any of the mezz lengths are long enough to win battles.

I really doubt you have any reall experience in the BG's all the characters that are really powerful there you've forgotten to mention, what about the dam aminist, or even the theurg, the BD, hib base line stun, banshee's with the cone DD's through keep doors and windows.

You do have a chip on your shoulder, an anti alb one by the sounds of it, and your letting that chip on your shoulder make your decisions, mythic has already stated that warlocks can combine there spells in a way that was never intended, hence the warlock nerf.

Eiv

Fledgling Freddie
As I'm playing Hib in Leirvik as a caster (Bain), I usually am the only non stealther/vamp alot of the time. If mids show up in numbers carrying 2-4 wl's I just try n get in whatever tower/keep they are attacking praying for the magic absorb to rescue me if dotted. (Which it often does :x) Anyhow I tend to kill them just as often if not more then they kill me then... Even if they have chambers up I can set the arena of play. Usually getting 2 nukes of before I get hit then QC 3rd praying hes m8 dont have hes heal on his current QB... Usually works fairly nice. But far from always. Cowards tactic maybe... But they dish out loads dmg in no time. And kill me over n over aswell so I recon its fair enough =)

Tbh they aint that bad - for me anyway.

Then that inf Gasher is worse :( Wish I had his buffs - or he none... Getting utterly pwned by that one...

Enjoy Leirvik guys! :cheers:

Maff

Fledgling Freddie
in all fairness you can take any class and find it OP to another.
and that the way its ment to be if not every one would play the same char.
warlocks have 4 sec cast time that dose suck but you get chambers and in the 4 sec u can cast 2 spells,1on1 most time you should win.
Banshies (not really played this but i'll give it a shot) cant be interupted when casting and cast through the walls.

Vamps well all ways buffed and a nice stelther killer also there mana tap a pain to casters as it range and it interups.put it again a buffed tank its bye bye from what i seen,also if they run out of mana there just another 1 hand thruster.
there the 3 that getting moaned about atm,the heritic i find can be a pain but again u just to find a away you can beat it.

no ones going to be happy and people will all ways say other are OP unless there killing them.

Eiv

Fledgling Freddie
I get interrupted alot... Howcome u saying bains dont get interrupted? Mind u I get of spells fast of my fairly high dex n low delve on casttime. But thats no different from f.ex. a sorc...

edit: I dont think I have nuked through walls - atleast not on purpose. In fact I dunno if I can :p And I'll leave it at that. Jump n aoe through windows is another matter thou. But not that hard to get away from or counter...

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Eiv said:
edit: I dont think I have nuked through walls - atleast not on purpose. In fact I dunno if I can :p And I'll leave it at that. Jump n aoe through windows is another matter thou. But not that hard to get away from or counter...

No but it should be considered a cheat really. That CAE is insanely powerful and setting it off and leaping up and down in a window often does fatal damage to the people near the gate. And yeh I've been killed thru walls in towers with it a lot too :(

I've stated this before insta AOE mezz > bolt range mezz. and in the BG's any of the mezz lengths are long enough to win battles.

241088.jpg

A sorc mez can hold people for almost a minute in BG5 and can be used endless or quickcast every 30 seconds. A healer instant is 17seconds, tops, in BG5 if it's instant and has to be used every 10 minutes. The spell level is really low compared to the peeps in the BG and is resisted about 50% of the time without MoF2. The radius is 50% the size of the Sorc mez. A Sorc mez is a lot more useful in stand off situations and often the Mids lack speed to get the instant mez in anyway. I pld my Pac healer in bg5 for two months I do have something of a valid viewpoint.

You know all this : why do you try to make out its not true all the time?

Back to Warlocks : I've never lost a fight on my Warlock yet 1 vs 1 and I rarely die with a lot more on me if there's cover. The only time I've died 1 vs 1 is when I got backstabbed loading a chamber : now if you didn't know this if you get mezzed or stunned as the chamber is loading you're fucked. You can't do anything till you die as you get

"You are already loading a chamber!"
"That spell can't be loaded into a chamber!"

until its all over and you have to release or even relog sometimes

Eiv

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
No but it should be considered a cheat really. That CAE is insanely powerful and setting it off and leaping up and down in a window often does fatal damage to the people near the gate. And yeh I've been killed thru walls in towers with it a lot too :(

Didnt think of it that way. Was picturing myself at the ram outside when I wrote that... Cheat - maybe - atleast u are somewhat in a position that peeps can fight back - not a great chance I know... But better then the through wall bug-thingy... F.ex. a hunter should have a good chance interrupting the caster in that position as he can spam his fire til his target pops his head up n let the arrow fly... - just a thought... :)

Oh - and I do believe sorc mez owns aswell. Although getting the first mez in gives u the upper hand in any case. Esp in bg's where ml's, arties n ra's isnt as widespread yet :)

In the end I do this for fun. Hope u all do.

ps: Too bad that mids logged yesterday night. U were nearly inside ck...
Ahh well - cya out there tonight. :)

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
mightybunny said:
warlock isnt easy :(
got 4 quickbars full that i use all the time.

Hmmm...
Then I wonder...
Only warlock abilities I saw in RvR were Bolt+ DoT or Bolt+ Nearsight...
That with the insta cast thingie...
How do you fill 4 quickbars with that?

Peple in Whinegard tend to see Albs as overpowered Noobs, with no skill, that only want to play in God Mode. But let's face it, most Mids you see these days in RvR play warlocks (how's that for playing in God mode?)...
And from my recent experiences in RvR, there seem to be a huge amount of radar users in Whinegard too (ofc, there's radar users in all three realms, but Mids seem to excel in it). EDIT: by this, I don't mean all Mids of course :) Even though Mid has an extremely high population of RoXXor style guys, there must be some good people there...

And oh, before you make any remark, I DID play warlock already on US servers (just to check what the new classes were all about). And yes, it's like playing in God Mode. And yes, playing a warlock involves NO skill whatsoever.
EDIT: In same vein as previous EDIT, there must be some Warlocks who are able players, it's just difficult to judge that when they play a god mode class :D

/end rant

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Evinni /respec dude you banshee is nice :D yea i noticed the magic abs buff u cast to help with the DoT, works vs most of the Locks i noticed though my DoT's tended to kill u due to my spec i recon (only 1 chamber ) so ive the higher lvl dot and lifetap to 95% of the warlocks in Leirvik.
To those who say i takes no skill to play a warlock, in 1 way i agree if you dont use the heaps of utility the class has and only LIFPTAP! or DoT!! then yea i agree those locks are skilless morons, i do however use all my tools inc the snare,the root (omg locks have root 2) nearsight, spreadheals range primers the works and i can even kill people with 4 sec casts.
Shame the mids logged last night, however once the ani arrived i think most mids gave up (how much mana did that guy have!) any ways gl see u in leirvik :D

Eiv

Fledgling Freddie
/respect back Recundus
Always makes me think twice b4 hitting you ^^
Yeah buffer is nice. Although its semi bugged as it works more like a bt for the first tick of the dot instead of absorbing 200 dmg... anyway... Red dot is :puke: - no offence :) Dunno alot about locks really, I know I dont wanna run into em alone thou. Unless im inside some walls ;)

He did put up loads a shrooms didnt he?! Didn't use top lvl ones thou, aswell as I don't think he had mcl up for more then 1 sec at a time b4 using it.

Hope to see you again. Good fun in Leirvik atm.

Sorry for making a nice post n hijacking the whine thread :p

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
yeah silly hibsies and there shrooms and keep defence you would never find me doing that :D

btw im the valkirie mistieral that you might see going aroudn with rec with guard on :D

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
Quoted loosely :)

even mythic has admitted to warlocks being OP. erm DUH!

This is the BG forums and i refuse to acknowledge your crappy analogy on classes.

I really doubt you have any reall experience in the BG's all the characters that are really powerful there you've forgotten to mention.You do have a chip on your shoulder, an anti alb one by the sounds of it, and your letting that chip on your shoulder make your decisions, mythic has already stated that warlocks can combine there spells in a way that was never intended, hence the warlock nerf.

Wrong m8 I have a lot of bg experience as it was in the bgs i lived for many months with my thid sb Bladebabe (i used to run with sindi and erdna) i used a hunteress a lot called kitycat and another sb in the higher bgs called drazar.Most ppl knew my shammy calle Boltfromtheblue so i do have a lot ofbg time under my belt but not recently with all the new classes as i stated.If you read the post i also stated when looking at the classes i was bored an couldnt be bothered going into all the other classes.

Oh an in bgs animists were only powerful in keep takes/def out in the open they were pretty much dead ;)

Eiv

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
btw im the valkirie mistieral that you might see going aroudn with rec with guard on :D

Yeah - stick to guarding n stop hitting me :p

RS|Phil said:
Why don't you just put a quote in about something I didn't say using the quote tags? Ah wait a minute....

took me a while to realise wtf you meant there xD
but anything with "bd's and warlocks are underpowered" in is sig material :p

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
took me a while to realise wtf you meant there xD
but anything with "bd's and warlocks are underpowered" in is sig material :p

If I'd just said that as a statement sure but you edited out the rest of the sentence where I say that they are OP oO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom