Warlocks - a question for Mids

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
I have the afternoon off work and have been having a read through FH. I stumbled across the Mid/Pry forum, as you do, and i was shocked to see the strength of feeling against Warlocks by the Mids on Pry. Now, I can understand us Hibs and the Albs hating the poweroutput of the WL but to see so much hatered from their fellow realm is amazing.

Are they hated as much on Mid/excal or is it just something particular to the Mids on Pry server?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Bikkus said:
I have the afternoon off work and have been having a read through FH. I stumbled across the Mid/Pry forum, as you do, and i was shocked to see the strength of feeling against Warlocks by the Mids on Pry. Now, I can understand us Hibs and the Albs hating the poweroutput of the WL but to see so much hatered from their fellow realm is amazing.

Are they hated as much on Mid/excal or is it just something particular to the Mids on Pry server?
yes

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Its good when they prevent zergs from crossing bridges, but it sucks when they add on fg fights.

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
WLs are the worst piece of shit class ever to be implented in the game. Even a fucking BD is balanced compared

Try play one before you judge. And the adding on fg part, thats up to each person as any other class, some add, some don't, so dont come with that shit before you got some better arguements. Yes, it sure is OP, but many classes can be called OP aswell, any class who manage to stun a warlock will win, unless purge2+ is up

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Surprising Death said:
Try play one before you judge. And the adding on fg part, thats up to each person as any other class, some add, some don't, so dont come with that shit before you got some better arguements. Yes, it sure is OP, but many classes can be called OP aswell, any class who manage to stun a warlock will win, unless purge2+ is up

I am not saying all warlocks add because they are warlocks, but warlock is the worst adder you can get, since they instakill 1-2 people if the DI was taken out by the group you were fighting. And yes I played one, it was really fun for a while, but got boring pretty fast, very repetetive, press someone, he dies, next, he dies, reload, repeat, release after a fg killed you. Bombing zergs packed together is very funny still tho.

buaris

Fledgling Freddie
Zeratuhl said:
WLs are the worst piece of shit class ever to be implented in the game. Even a fucking BD is balanced compared

I am glad you feel so positive to Warlocks

LvL 50 Warlock - :flame: Mizzie :flame: (fully Toa'd PWNAHOLC) Mhahahahaha

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
I like them.

When all "teh l33t d00d" guilds can't be arsed to defend a Mid keep, it's awesome to watch a bunch of solo Warlocks running around and doing the job... Twice Hib tried taking Nottmoor and twice the Warlocks came, defended, and tore the hibs apart....

I also appreciate the fact that there are now less cocky Alb solo sorcs, so thanks to the Warlock I can get on with my job without dieing so often.

When full groups respect 1 v 1 is when most soloers will respect 8 v 8, so it will never happen! No point whining about adds, full groups do it just as much, it's RvR, if you want 8 v 8 with no adds play Counter Strike, if you want 1 v 1 no adds, play Mortal Combat.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
I like them.

When all "teh l33t d00d" guilds can't be arsed to defend a Mid keep, it's awesome to watch a bunch of solo Warlocks running around and doing the job... Twice Hib tried taking Nottmoor and twice the Warlocks came, defended, and tore the hibs apart....

I also appreciate the fact that there are now less cocky Alb solo sorcs, so thanks to the Warlock I can get on with my job without dieing so often.

When full groups respect 1 v 1 is when most soloers will respect 8 v 8, so it will never happen! No point whining about adds, full groups do it just as much, it's RvR, if you want 8 v 8 with no adds play Counter Strike, if you want 1 v 1 no adds, play Mortal Combat.

Dont play daoc then, if you dont wanna face sorcs?

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Something funny happend yesterday in Aegir regarding WL "love".

A grey con savage named Sbc asked to duel my 38 WL. I told him to
duel my BB instead and so he did for a while.
Then he asked to duel my WL again and this time I let him to be nice.
He wanted to try diffrent styles and even asked me to sit. After a while I was
down on 4% HP so I thought he would stop, but he didnt, he went all the way
killing my sitting WL, yelled "whorelock" and sprinted away and logged!
hehe, poor kid. Anyway, I had a good laugh. :D
Some WL must have ganked him nice I guess. ;)

Regarding WLs overall. Change em. Give mid charm a class and 1875 range AE mez instead of chambers.

Bloodclot

Banned
was in leirvik yesterday with aughealer and savage in our pve gear. there was a group with 7mids roaming including 4-5 warlocks.

result was no hibs/albs bother coming anymore, only a couple of rangers/scouts. we went back to pve and cursing those warlocks.

i have a 47warlock myself just to see how the class works. but cba to play it anymore and toa it. its a pile of shit, mythic should have made the warlock class as a petspam class instead of insane frontloading char that is scaring all the enemies off.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Zeratuhl said:

agree

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Dont worry next patch WL gets nerfed to the stoneage.

How many WL do U see on US they seems to have died out.

No more primer then run and cast.
30% + nerf on DoT
25% + on LT.

Introduce a OP class then get ppl to make one and nerf it to hell :cheers:

We know who can do it mythic is then name DAoC is the game.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Bistrup666 said:
Dont worry next patch WL gets nerfed to the stoneage.

How many WL do U see on US they seems to have died out.

No more primer then run and cast.
30% + nerf on DoT
25% + on LT.

Introduce a OP class then get ppl to make one and nerf it to hell :cheers:

We know who can do it mythic is then name DAoC is the game.
If you have seen any vids of the so called nerfed warlocks you wouldnt say what you just said, they will still be op and take down most classes with not much problem, only things that changed is they wont insta kill anymore

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Surprising Death said:

So.. any class that is able to stun someone and kill the person before the stun runs out will beat a warlock, which equals how many classes? Then again the warlock has a much higher rate of survival if he were to survive the stun, uninteruptable lifetaps and lifetaps in chambers.

Sickly overpowered class that should've never been introduced to the game in the first place. :puke:

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
fotm said:
If you have seen any vids of the so called nerfed warlocks you wouldnt say what you just said, they will still be op and take down most classes with not much problem, only things that changed is they wont insta kill anymore

U know as well as I do that only the good parts get in the vid.

To my knowledge U can't use primer and then run and cast ur secondary anymore. + the nerf on hexing.

That makes warlock frontload + uninterrupteble's unable to kill for instance an assasin jumping him if his matter is good.

Even as it is today U can't instakill a ppl grp'ed if they have just deacent matter, but that's the problem many of those whining here on boards have shitty matter resist, so no wonder they get insta killed.

Go look on US and repeat that WL is still OP'ed,
One of the trades WL use alot atm is primer (powless or expand range) then run and fire, from the patch notes I've read it say's that U can't do that anymore.

It was crap to make a so OP class and it's crap to nerf it to oblivion. As have been discussed on US they nerfed the wrong thing.

Frontloading is the problem and it is the thing they don't nerf. easily done by making greater timer between chambers for instance.

As it is now WL ain't much good in grp, sure they have multiple utility but U get a better dam dealer in a regular caster and better healer in another seer class, the WL's dps is just too low to be of good util in a grp, and it is the sustained dps that has been nerfed.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
All this jibber jabber is based on 1vs1 which we all know is not based on most of the rvr situation in daoc. Sure infs are terrified incase CD dont hit, and solo sorcs just mezz and run. Like other people said, i also would trade chambers for stun and snare petspam, but no mythic invent something new and nerf if to hell because its too OP 1 on 1.

And the powerless cast and run bug is semi nerfed, you can still cast powerless and run and as long as you stop you can cast the powerless primer still has the 10 second expiry rate, so dotting the scouts at towers is still possible, powerless>sprint>face>dot>run.

Agreed the group compatibility sux a bit, hence we were given spreadheal to make us a little more group friendly, but as above its the sustained DPS which is god awful in fg vs fg fights, so easy to have no chambers and no pow bar after 10 secs of a fight, having to rely on RP or tartaro's for pow, cause powerless cast even in 43/30 spec line with 365 dex still takes too long to cast and is easily interupted.

Hehe like aimstar said though bombing groups are fun though, many a rp earned with hibs/albs defending towers like that.

Yes the wrong thing was nerfed, so maybe/hopefully its addressed in a future patch and not nerfed more, whiners are only happy when we cant solo anymore, cause when the tables are turned on infs/sorcs and other pretty much insta kill classes they freak out. I however enjoy playing my warlock in fg or soloing, and will continue play Mas post nerf, cause i sure have more fun with him than my warrior in the frontiers. :)

moik said:
So.. any class that is able to stun someone and kill the person before the stun runs out will beat a warlock, which equals how many classes? Then again the warlock has a much higher rate of survival if he were to survive the stun, uninteruptable lifetaps and lifetaps in chambers.

Sickly overpowered class that should've never been introduced to the game in the first place. :puke:

That meanst all stealthers, hibcasters, bm's,a nd other ppl with positional stuns

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Surprising Death said:
That meanst all stealthers, hibcasters, bm's,a nd other ppl with positional stuns

Well, NS's and infils with CD, hib casters yes, but how on earth do you expect a BM to sneak up on the Warlock? If they can do that they deserve to get the kill IMO :)

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Sickly overpowered class that should've never been introduced to the game in the first place.

A bit of an overreacting response.

A Warlock with chambers up, a full mana bar and purge2 are hard to beat 1vs1, after that without chambers, mana and purge down he is very vunerable and can only flee or defend himself with his staff, even a lvl 30 any class can kill him. Yes a powercharge from Tartaros or so will help, but still he is very weak.

Then 10 seconds to reload each chamber, atleast a minute to regain some power and 15 minutes to get purge back up, not that overpowered that 15 minutes.

Yes purge3 will make the current Warlock stronger.

And there is 2 seconds delay to cast the second chamber, a lot can happen in 2 secs.

Uninteruptable primer gives 4 a 5 casts with a full mana bar and around 25% powerpool, not always enough to kill a tank.

Glenmorangie

Fledgling Freddie
Oldleaf said:
A Warlock with chambers up, a full mana bar and purge2 are hard to beat 1vs1, after that without chambers, mana and purge down he is very vunerable and can only flee or defend himself with his staff, even a lvl 30 any class can kill him. Yes a powercharge from Tartaros or so will help, but still he is very weak.

So a warlock without power is an easy target? Doesn't that just as well count for any mage?

I dont have a warlock, but i do have to agree, the damage on their spells is sick. The chambering is a nice difference from current casters, but let's be real, warlocks ARE sickening overpowered...

The upcoming nerf is probably very in it's place, but i have a feeling it won't make that much difference...

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:

Very good point. So good I'm going to steal it, send it back in time, copyright it and sue you.

:flame:

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Second to worst thing about Whorelocks is the actual idiots who play them (full time).

Story time! (to get my point across).

Once apon a time, in Hadrians Wall.. there was an enchanter named Amedor. Because Amedor wanted arpees, (and master level experiance).. he traveled to where the action was. He decided to take a scenic route, where the stealther zerg, and fg of mids wouldn't catch him. Part of this route went underwater, to the zonewall.

Apon reaching the zonewall, he noticed two midgard frostalf warlocks resting under the water, reloading primers. These warlocks sensed the lurikeen and turned dirrectly towards him. Thank God they were out of range, Amedor thought.. and he started to swim off in the water with his speed on away from the Warlocks. Amazingly they followed, knowing they'll never catch up.

A few minutes later amedor stopped, cast a Brittle Guard spell, and decided to rest a bit. Amazingly the arpee horny warlocks were still following him! Amedor cast a Dissonance trap (since the range from the warlocks was still quite large), and finished casting and started to run again. One of the warlocks (after sprinting) was now in range, and casted a spell hitting for 600 damage. Amedor sprinted away, and his underhill ally healed the damage dealt. A few seconds later the blind warlock ran into the trap, got hit, healed himself and I was far far away at the keep.. and then went afk to rest ;).

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Edit: The moral of the story is that most warlocks are arpee horny fuckers who continue chasing you (like some sort of mob) until either they kill you, something kills them, or you escape into the presense of a large brick building. Noone normal is that arpee horny. Besides Gamah :D

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Surprising Death said:

So.. you run towards Hibcaster#1, he starts to cast from his normal range - you insta him with your chamber, he is interupted and then he's pretty grilled since he has to wait 3 seconds to qc.

You run towards Hibcaster#2, he immediately starts to QC a stun, you insta him with your chamber and probably manage to cast 2 uninteruptable lifetaps. So if you have a good template he should be dead by then, if not - tough luck if purge is down i guess.

Random tank runs towards you and instadies to chamber+lifetaps, unless he stuns you from 1500 range somehow.

The only class i would say really have a chance against warlocks would be stealthers with PA+CD, and then if the warlock has purge2 they will just have to /release and rebuff. So that is 2 out of the entire booster of classes that hibernia and albion has to offer, and that is only if they specc that line and warlocks purge is down.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
moik said:
So.. you run towards Hibcaster#1, he starts to cast from his normal range - you insta him with your chamber, he is interupted and then he's pretty grilled since he has to wait 3 seconds to qc.

You run towards Hibcaster#2, he immediately starts to QC a stun, you insta him with your chamber and probably manage to cast 2 uninteruptable lifetaps. So if you have a good template he should be dead by then, if not - tough luck if purge is down i guess.

Random tank runs towards you and instadies to chamber+lifetaps, unless he stuns you from 1500 range somehow.

The only class i would say really have a chance against warlocks would be stealthers with PA+CD, and then if the warlock has purge2 they will just have to /release and rebuff. So that is 2 out of the entire booster of classes that hibernia and albion has to offer, and that is only if they specc that line and warlocks purge is down.

I think you are QQ´ing because my warlock outskills your bm!

Most with sidestyle stun manage to strafe in a stun, if they'r good. Sorc chicken pet stuns aswell, if you play smart, u beat a wl, if not, ur screwed ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom