Warlock Vid.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Roadie said:
youve used runthrough to kill me while im moc'n on my sorc more than once :z

and wtf do you expect ppl to do?
tbh BD is in no way more overpowered than a sorc >rr5 with moc3
do you rly expect ppl to stand still right in front of you when there is no chance to avoid dmg than runthrough?
runthrough is exactly the same for casters as strafe is for melee classes
there are counter-techniques vs both fyi =)
both strafing and runthrough is a technique to avoid dmg and ppl who dont get that after more than 3 years are just a bit clueless :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
daoc_xianghua said:
Geez, of course they are not the same. Strafe will mean that the melee class will not get his styles off, but he will still be hitting the enemy for base damage (and interrupting him). Run-through, properly executed, completely shuts down the damage potential of the enemy caster, even when they are using an expensive RA (MoC) that should prevent this very thing from happening.

Naturally I see your general point, but the above argument is silly. And do please enlighten us all how you perform this wonderful "counter-technique" to run-through that you are talking about. :rolleyes:

Septina

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
Geez, of course they are not the same. Strafe will mean that the melee class will not get his styles off, but he will still be hitting the enemy for base damage (and interrupting him). Run-through, properly executed, completely shuts down the damage potential of the enemy caster, even when they are using an expensive RA (MoC) that should prevent this very thing from happening.

Naturally I see your general point, but the above argument is silly. And do please enlighten us all how you perform this wonderful "counter-technique" to run-through that you are talking about. :rolleyes:

Wrong!
Strafing can do the exact same thing if you know what you're doing.
As long as the tanks that are on you are 100% stickbots you can completely avoid any dmg they wanna whack at you with strafing.
Like 99% of the rr10ish tanks on avalon atm, strafing seems to be a new thing on avalon and none of the tanks know how to counter it so they just stick 100% trying to spam styles then whine on irc when they die. :(

Bloodhunter

Banned
Gahn said:
I'm sure u never gonna realize that this kind of "business" piss off ppl, but even worse it's Mythic that don't realize it :p
im sure you realize you still play it.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
advanced straforz = not in view
noobie mode = base dmg

! sigh belo, update your strafe.dat :p

Orenthal

Can't get enough of FH
Pretty sick damage for after the nerf.. another thing with warlocks he seems to be outta power a lot, fast, class seriously needs fixing.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Orenthal said:
Pretty sick damage for after the nerf.. another thing with warlocks he seems to be outta power a lot, fast, class seriously needs fixing.

He's only fast out of power coz he does what as all nooby rr4+ sorcs do when 'solo' or small group

MOC LAFJTAP LAFJTAP LAFTJAP

Anyhow I agree the class needs fixing fast. Whats next; a melee-class who can queue up 6 styles and launch em in 3 seconds?

concept of the class is wrong; gotta live with it tho; mythic wont change the concept; instead they nerf the damage by alot (randomly % nerf) in a veil attempt to make the WL 'balanced'.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Hmm, seems I need to update my strafing skills! :D I stand duly corrected.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
daoc_xianghua said:
and wtf do you expect ppl to do?
tbh BD is in no way more overpowered than a sorc >rr5 with moc3
do you rly expect ppl to stand still right in front of you when there is no chance to avoid dmg than runthrough?
there are counter-techniques vs both fyi =)
both strafing and runthrough is a technique to avoid dmg and ppl who dont get that after more than 3 years are just a bit clueless :)

Yeah, and shooting level 10 tower doors with no LOS is an advanced technique too.

Stick, follow and face, strafe and run-through on enemies should be completly disabled in this game, then we can start to talk about techniques. Of course the game would need a less broken camera then too :eek:.

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
usually the whine only occours when someone with half a clue plays a so-called OP class, i completely agree that a well played BD is very nasty, but its not like you can just roll one and instapwn, except maybe in thid.

besides, what maeloch said, toa'ing stuff up with the current state of the server, thanks but no thanks :)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Brite said:
I seen the whine people saying Brite your rolling a warlock assuming i was just gonna roll one.

On my bd i never starfe or anything and i still get called a bug abusing starfer along with A LOT of over pointless undeserved abuse, ou may say i deserve it but thats beacuse of the complete bollocks you read, dont belive everything you read. I wasn't going to roll a warlock, but then i saw this video and thought it was really cool class, suited the style i want to play the game, solo / small group and these fights looked good the kind of fights i want to have and have a good chance of coming out on top with, like i do with my bd. But lately my bd hasnt been much fun in rvr im just like a slow tank, easily seen and i cant hide, so i respecced pve mode. Anyway i saw this video and rolled a warlock, my warlock is nearly 49.5 wearing my bds old worn out SC kit with different vest and staff due to those being bd tg stuff, going to take it rvr later and have a mess about, going 49hex 20wc 10 curse spec due to me only playing for another week until i go back to uni so i rolled this charecter on the basis on it being nerfed, and speccing it after nerf.

Whine away at me rolling a warlock, i got whined for rolling one when i wasn;t even going to so eveither way im gonna get whined at pointlessly, bd or warlock, im just so fotm ^^
Never strafe? Right :eek: And what's with the long off topic post, didn't read about anyone caring whether you'd roll a warlock or not x< The whines you get might be for other things than your playstyle too? :<

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
This is 1.75 aka the nerfed patch

Currently fighting un nerfed zerg of those mfkers.

Cant do shit but die :)

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
He's only fast out of power coz he does what as all nooby rr4+ sorcs do when 'solo' or small group

MOC LAFJTAP LAFJTAP LAFTJAP

moc makes you play worse on a sorc, it bails you outa so many situations u just dont have 2 play imaginativly when its up (which is most of the time) u just wack it on and win :p

but then it works so why not use it ? 0o

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Chimaira said:
This is 1.75 aka the nerfed patch

Currently fighting un nerfed zerg of those mfkers.

Cant do shit but die :)
Could go roleplay in pve!
Puppet said:
LAFJTAP LAFJTAP LAFTJAP
Seems to be the fotm word around eh? oO Silly x<

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Am i the only one who thought the warlock in this movie was rather crap? :< After he fired his 3 shots he's pretty much out of the game, that slow casting and small dmg won't do alot attacking alone in combat, any noob healing class should be able to keep him alive.

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Pre-Nerf footage.

After Nerf:
Okish class. thought they nerfed the wrong things.

Brite

Banned
TBH if they gave mids after nerf warlock instead of then nerfing it mids wouldnt complain at all, it was one of the things we needed, another healer, another pbaoe class, somthing that can have better range. Its the fact they nerfed it, yet another mid nerf that has just disheartened a lot of people when classes like the minstrel, sorc and banshee remain completely untouched and continually given love, oh and another thane for mid isnt exactly a great help, and then they nerfed it lol?

I like playing the class, in my BD old SC suit, basiclly if your not interupted you can spam powerless spread heal all day, if you get interupted you can use uninteruptable but you can only get about 4 spells off with those and once you use those and blow your chambers you cant do anythig unless your not interupted, and the only thing i could take down was casters, no chance at taking tanks down really, no decent root, sprint and kite the only chance, suppose ill use frog mode more often ;P

One thing i did notice is that when stealthers pop on me i could survive, blow chambers and spam uniteruptables and take them down if there arnt too many resists (which i seem to be getting a hell of a lot of) But the reason for this is beacuse they have no matter resists what so ever, in there uber template they skimp on resists and pay the price of not being able to kill warlocks but this is what got warlocks nerfed, whining stealthers that QQ when they cant easily pwn a caster for easy rps and whining people with no matter resists, maybe it did need a nerf, but not that kind of nerf

but anyway flame away and call it a 2 button lamer class you ignorant people

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Brite said:
TBH if they gave mids after nerf warlock instead of then nerfing it mids wouldnt complain at all, it was one of the things we needed, another healer, another pbaoe class, somthing that can have better range. Its the fact they nerfed it, yet another mid nerf that has just disheartened a lot of people when classes like the minstrel, sorc and banshee remain completely untouched and continually given love, oh and another thane for mid isnt exactly a great help, and then they nerfed it lol?

I like playing the class, in my BD old SC suit, basiclly if your not interupted you can spam powerless spread heal all day, if you get interupted you can use uninteruptable but you can only get about 4 spells off with those and once you use those and blow your chambers you cant do anythig unless your not interupted, and the only thing i could take down was casters, no chance at taking tanks down really, no decent root, sprint and kite the only chance, suppose ill use frog mode more often ;P

One thing i did notice is that when stealthers pop on me i could survive, blow chambers and spam uniteruptables and take them down if there arnt too many resists (which i seem to be getting a hell of a lot of) But the reason for this is beacuse they have no matter resists what so ever, in there uber template they skimp on resists and pay the price of not being able to kill warlocks but this is what got warlocks nerfed, whining stealthers that QQ when they cant easily pwn a caster for easy rps and whining people with no matter resists, maybe it did need a nerf, but not that kind of nerf

Ignorant to notice this puts bd to shame in overpoweredness?

Im not even surprised that you rolled this class you easymode 1 button I cba to be interupted kinda player.

yes you posted that this would be said

:sex:

Brite

Banned
Chimaira said:
Ignorant to notice this puts bd to shame in overpoweredness?

Im not even surprised that you rolled this class you easymode 1 button I cba to be interupted kinda player.

yes you posted that this would be said

:sex:

correct me if im wrony but your just a stealth zerger yeh? :wanker:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Brite said:
if you get interupted you can use uninteruptable but you can only get about 4 spells off with those and once you use those and blow your chambers you cant do anythig unless your not interupted

Thats alot more then normal casters; but you only got experience from playing a BD.

Powerless casting = stupid; what kind of idiot found that out ? Uninterrupted casting = MOC for free; 6-7 casts depending on %power-pool and your witchcrafting-spec; add some Raging Power, manapots, Staff-charge and u in on 10-14 casts? WOW 10-14 Old-style MOC PBAE's but you dont need to spend the points on MOC.

in there uber template they skimp on resists and pay the price of not being able to kill warlocks but this is what got warlocks nerfed, whining stealthers that QQ when they cant easily pwn a caster for easy rps and whining people with no matter resists, maybe it did need a nerf, but not that kind of nerf

Dude get a CLUE please. It was a DD255 lifetap (!!!) which you could cast ~2 seconds. Basically a Warlock without relics was nuking as a Fire-wizard with relics. Add relics, a decent TOA-set and you where in for doing feckloads of damage every 2 secs (for no mana) on people in capped resists.

No its not a 2 button class; but the 'problem' is that its not balanced in the game. It could take 27 buttons; the problem wasnt the amount of buttons; it was the amount of damage a warlock can unleash in a split second while sustaining a quite good DPS overall + utility + best lifetap-ingame + PBAE + mini-FoP + etc.

Tháts the problem; but your experience is from a BD PoV which isnt exactly a regular caster. Go play a fire-wizard for a while and you would agree.

Brite

Banned
Puppet said:
Tháts the problem; but your experience is from a BD PoV which isnt exactly a regular caster. Go play a fire-wizard for a while and you would agree.

i was dark spec for a while so please dont give me that shit

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
So far what I have seen of Warlocks in FG vs FG I would rather take a rm.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Brite said:
i was dark spec for a while so please dont give me that shit

You still had an instant LT which was very low level but which offered you every 4 seconds a chance to win back the initiative.

Leave the Bonedancer for once and do try a fire-wizard or any other 'pure DD caster' and you might understand the problem people have with Warlocks. Your vision is blurred; even tho you played a BD with a different spec for like 2,5 hours.

Ticking

Fledgling Freddie
+ He would also still have all his BL stuff, which other regular caster has that? ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom