Warlock chambers rethunk!

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
How about this for an idea to nerf the Warlocks.

The Warlock Arcade Game

warlock5oy.png

The Idea

To nerf the warlock, however making playing one, and playing against one more fun.

The Idea was to change the actual chambers to little targets, shown in the picture. When a warlock hits the chamber button, a window pops up with an arcade game (like Shoot-the-duck) for both players. While this window is up, both players are immune to damage, buffs etc.

The idea of this window would be to have a series of two targets fly past (the Warlock gets to decide when they fly past and which direction), and the player which the chamber is directed against has to hit the target. If they hit the target in the centre, that spell is canceled. The distance they hit it to the middle is proportional to the amount of damage received. For example if the target was made to have a radius of 100pixils, and they hit it 50 pixels away from the centre, they are dealt 50% damage.

The idea of two targets was a target for each spell, giving chances to totally destroy the chamber if you hit both targets.

This will stop people whining about how Warlock chambers are overpowered, since the argument can be reversed into how unskilled the player is at hitting the arguments. The whole idea could end world-spread whine, poverty and perhaps bring a new life to the Warlock class.

So hows that for an idea?

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
How do I send this to GOA? Hope Requiel reads it.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
hitting the arguments

I ment hitting the targets. I hate how I sometimes do that with words :x.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
In before the Warlock ?

Brownie point!

Best off said like this: In before the warLOCK.

P.S. Ame is a tard.

A

Aoln

just add 75% chance warlock spells will backfire on the warlock instead imo

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
:eek7:

How about another mini arcade game about playing mini arcade games where you get the chance to win a mini arcade game?

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
how about the chambers only fire custard - red if against albs, green for mids

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
you know what i think,

reduce the DPS of a WL by 25% than, if the lock has 1 chamber make it at 125% of the spells in it, 2 chambers 75% effectiveness of the spells and with 3+ chambers 50% effectiveness of chambered spells.

make the chamber dumping at least 5 seconds apart, and if the lock is attacked it cannot use any chambers for 2 seconds.

and thats just for the chambers, the line with the primers in it needs a good looking into.

Free moc3, they need QC like normal casters and uninteruptable removed all together.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
you know what i think,

reduce the DPS of a WL by 25% than, if the lock has 1 chamber make it at 125% of the spells in it, 2 chambers 75% effectiveness of the spells and with 3+ chambers 50% effectiveness of chambered spells.

make the chamber dumping at least 5 seconds apart, and if the lock is attacked it cannot use any chambers for 2 seconds.

and thats just for the chambers, the line with the primers in it needs a good looking into.

Free moc3, they need QC like normal casters and uninteruptable removed all together.
My idea is better.

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
how about ame leaving the daoc community, thats higher valued than nerfing warlocks to oblivion.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
How about.

Warlocks have a 100% chance to insta-die if they fire more than 1 chamber within a certain timeframe, say every 10 minutes?.

Edit: Make that any spell at all.

Himse

FH is my second home
Why not just take away the things such as spreads and self power regen etc?

or take away stead cast and replace it with something that has a 50% chance to be interupted.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Himse said:
Why not just take away the things such as spreads and self power regen etc?

or take away stead cast and replace it with something that has a 50% chance to be interupted.

nah.... when a WL enters NF zone, they die a con death.. that will work imo and is a far better idea :p

Gamah

Banned
Ame said:
How about this for an idea to nerf the Warlocks.

The Warlock Arcade Game

warlock5oy.png

The Idea

To nerf the warlock, however making playing one, and playing against one more fun.

The Idea was to change the actual chambers to little targets, shown in the picture. When a warlock hits the chamber button, a window pops up with an arcade game (like Shoot-the-duck) for both players. While this window is up, both players are immune to damage, buffs etc.

The idea of this window would be to have a series of two targets fly past (the Warlock gets to decide when they fly past and which direction), and the player which the chamber is directed against has to hit the target. If they hit the target in the centre, that spell is canceled. The distance they hit it to the middle is proportional to the amount of damage received. For example if the target was made to have a radius of 100pixils, and they hit it 50 pixels away from the centre, they are dealt 50% damage.

The idea of two targets was a target for each spell, giving chances to totally destroy the chamber if you hit both targets.

This will stop people whining about how Warlock chambers are overpowered, since the argument can be reversed into how unskilled the player is at hitting the arguments. The whole idea could end world-spread whine, poverty and perhaps bring a new life to the Warlock class.

So hows that for an idea?

I win a 2 week holiday for making peoples eyes bleed!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I hope someone has a seizure and sue's you for every penny you've got Gamah :d

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks are in serious danger of killing this game.
I have this mental image where Warlocks are keep defending and they just load chambers ...... strafe out..... dump chambers...... cry "BOOM HEADSHOT"....strafe back under cover and sit and tell their moms how l337 they are while masturbating furiously.
They then reload their chambers and rinse and repeat.
All the while thinking they have l337 skillzors abilities.
Wait ... thats not a mental image ..... thats the way this game is.

How about Mythic just rename some characters.

Bonedancers could be called "Easy Mode"
Vamps could be called "TiTs"
And Warlocks could be called "Yup ... Mythic gave the no brain OP class to Midgard again"

Little doubt that many Mid players will leap to the defence of Warlocks.

Just like when LA was eventually proved to be fucked Mythic will eventually nerf bat these redic toons back to the stone age.

However by then their may ONLY be MID toons.

But they will still cry foul cos another Mid class got nerfed.

DO WHAT I DID .......CANCEL YOUR SUBS UNTIL MYTHIC FIX THIS MASSIVE IMBALANCE.

There are other games out there guys.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
Warlocks are in serious danger of killing this game.
I have this mental image where Warlocks are keep defending and they just load chambers ...... strafe out..... dump chambers...... cry "BOOM HEADSHOT"....strafe back under cover and sit and tell their moms how l337 they are while masturbating furiously.
They then reload their chambers and rinse and repeat.
All the while thinking they have l337 skillzors abilities.
Wait ... thats not a mental image ..... thats the way this game is.

How about Mythic just rename some characters.

Bonedancers could be called "Easy Mode"
Vamps could be called "TiTs"
And Warlocks could be called "Yup ... Mythic gave the no brain OP class to Midgard again"

Little doubt that many Mid players will leap to the defence of Warlocks.

Just like when LA was eventually proved to be fucked Mythic will eventually nerf bat these redic toons back to the stone age.

However by then their may ONLY be MID toons.

But they will still cry foul cos another Mid class got nerfed.

DO WHAT I DID .......CANCEL YOUR SUBS UNTIL MYTHIC FIX THIS MASSIVE IMBALANCE.

There are other games out there guys.
This isn't a Warlock whine thread. Its a creative thread with an example how to nerf warlocks, yet making them still playable and even more fun to play!

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Ame said:
This isn't a Warlock whine thread. Its a creative thread with an example how to nerf warlocks, yet making them still playable and even more fun to play!

You aint a Mythic Dev are you?

They have dumb arsed ideas just like yours.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
You aint a Mythic Dev are you?

They have dumb arsed ideas just like yours.
My idea isn't dumb. Lets hear your idea then.

Gamah

Banned
Vladamir said:
I hope someone has a seizure and sue's you for every penny you've got Gamah :d

I have fuck all so they are welcome to try xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom