Warhammer Online

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
So who will be ditching DAoC/WoW to play Warhammer and which realm will you play, good or evil?

EA Mythic | Warhammer Online

I've read some reviews on this and to be honest I am actually tempted to try it and see what all the fuss is about.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No and no.

Don't play DAoC and not gonna War either.

WoW is enough for that sort of thing.

War is just a different story, with wow slapped on the UI.

And why shouldn't it? WoW works.

Most of the hype is because of Warhammer(tm) itself.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Already ditched DAoC, playing WoW atm, will switch to WAR as soon as I can.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
ive been waiting for WAR since mythic took over really, but now i dont really care about it last year of uni in september so id rather have a social life and i would rather spend the money on what id need a new pc for other things

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Not me. I hardly use my PC anymore. I'd rather play games from the couch.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
xboxfag

or

ps3fag

or

wiifag ;<

...............…………..„--~~""”¯¯¯””~~-„
…………………..„-~”:::::::::::::::::::::::::”~,
……………….„~”\,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::”-,
…………….../;;;;;;|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\
……………..|;;;;;;;/:::::::””~~--::::::::::::::-~~”::\
……………./”~,;;/:::::::/¯¯¯¯¯’\:::::::::::/’¯¯¯¯’\
…………….\ º: ¯::::::::\ . . • . ,/::::::::::\„ . • . ,/
……………/’::::::::::::::::”~~~”:::::/””~::::’\”~~”.::’\,
………….../:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::’\,__„„/’:::::::::::’\
…………..|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::„----„_„---,::::::::::\
…………..|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::„~"----„__„„-“::::::::: |---------------- ---
…………..|::::::::::::::::::::::::::/’;;;;;;;;;/::::::::::::::::: |… Himse is a pregnant chipmunk, Lololol
………..„~”\:::::::::::::::::::::::::\__;;;;;;\--„::::::::::::::/------------- -----
……..,-“;:;\ .\,::::::::::::::::::::::::’\„_¯¯¯„-“:::::::::::::/
….„~”;:\;:;:;\, .”~„::::::::::::::::::::::::¯¯¯:::::::::::::,-“;\
.,~”;:;:;:;\;:;:;:”-, . ”~--„:::::::::::::~--„„___„„~“::::„-‘ . |;:'\”~-„
“;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:;:;:;”-, . . .”~~---„„„„_______„„„--~” . ./ |;:;:’\;:;”-,
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\____;:;”-, ~-„ . . . . . . . . /;;;;;’\, . . .,/ . |;:,~”;:;:;”-,
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;/;:;:;:;”~, “~-„_ . . . /„;;;;;;;/”-„~” . . |;:;”~„;:;:;:;’\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;:;:”~„ . .¯”~-’ . “~,;;;’\ . . . . .|;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;’\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;”~--„;:;:;:;:;:”~„ . . . . . .|;;;;;;’\ . . . |;:;:;:;/;:;:”~,;:;:\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~--„;:;:;:;:”~„ . . . |;;;;;;;;’\, . .|;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;’\;:;:\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;:;:;:”~„ .|;;;;;;;;;;;”~,|;:;:;/;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;:;:”~„;;;;;;;;;;;;/;:;,/’ ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\;:;:\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;|,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;”~„;;;;;;/;:,/;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\;:;:\'\
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;”~-„’\,;/ ,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;;|
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:¯\„/;:;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;|
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;;o;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:::;;|;:;:;|
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;|;:;:;|
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;|;:;:;|
_;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;|
;:;¯””~~--„„_|_;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:; :;;|;:;o;:;:;:; :;:;:;:;:;:;:;|-~/
;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:¯””~~----„„„__;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;: ;:;:;:;:;:;:;|~“

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Not me. I hardly use my PC anymore. I'd rather play games from the couch.

Yeah i'm the same :)

dsc00142ru8.jpg

dsc00173de9.jpg

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Warhammer is an RvR game. The PvP in WoW is useless. The game was fun for the time it took me to level a character to 60, then 70. Other than that, useless.

I have never been into the Warhammer franchise, but i plan to play WAR.
They seem to have put alot of thought into their PvE aswell as PvP. Yes, the graphics of WAR will be alittle outdated, mainly due to all the pushacks, but the gameplay will be better for it.
I played DAoC with SI graphics and WoW on low settings anyway. Graphics is a minimal factor in how i rate MMO's.
These guys made DAoC, they know what they did well, and they know what they did wrong.
WoW is fine for alot of people, (11 million people. There is something to be said for that.) But most multi-MMO people knows that WoW is not the end all, be all MMO that many first timers believe...
/rant on; You know, the unbelievably annoying guys who think WoW invented everything in MMO's. And refuse to believe you when you tell them, that pretty much everything in WoW has been done by some MMO before it, and scream at the top of their lungs "They stole that feature from WoW" when they see a new MMO. Even when you try to explain to them that; No, they took that feature from DAoC, Guildwars, EQ, or even fucking Untima Online etc etc. They keep going on and on about WoW comming up with every idea in the MMO genre. Until the point where i just want to fucking stab them!
/rant off

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Ooh yes! Give WAR in a hurry :>

I want a good game to play soon :<

Chronictank

FH is my second home
It's under NDA, noone who plays it are going to tell you about it
And even if they did seeing as GOA run the EU side of things any posts here are going to be locked and deleted pretty quickly

I suggest waiting until the reviews come out before you plunge in, it is far from ready at the moment

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
It's under NDA, noone who plays it are going to tell you about it
And even if they did seeing as GOA run the EU side of things any posts here are going to be locked and deleted pretty quickly

I suggest waiting until the reviews come out before you plunge in, it is far from ready at the moment

The Beta is under NDA.
Plenty of info on the game. Agree, the game is not done, and you can not judge the quality of the finished product yet. However there is lots of material for you to form an opinion on already :)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Warhammer is an RvR game. The PvP in WoW is useless. The game was fun for the time it took me to level a character to 60, then 70. Other than that, useless.

I have never been into the Warhammer franchise, but i plan to play WAR.
They seem to have put alot of thought into their PvE aswell as PvP. Yes, the graphics of WAR will be alittle outdated, mainly due to all the pushacks, but the gameplay will be better for it.
I played DAoC with SI graphics and WoW on low settings anyway. Graphics is a minimal factor in how i rate MMO's.
These guys made DAoC, they know what they did well, and they know what they did wrong.
WoW is fine for alot of people, (11 million people. There is something to be said for that.) But most multi-MMO people knows that WoW is not the end all, be all MMO that many first timers believe...
/rant on; You know, the unbelievably annoying guys who think WoW invented everything in MMO's. And refuse to believe you when you tell them, that pretty much everything in WoW has been done by some MMO before it, and scream at the top of their lungs "They stole that feature from WoW" when they see a new MMO. Even when you try to explain to them that; No, they took that feature from DAoC, Guildwars, EQ, or even fucking Untima Online etc etc. They keep going on and on about WoW comming up with every idea in the MMO genre. Until the point where i just want to fucking stab them!
/rant off

Bear in mind that Mythic itself already stated again and again that WAR is not remotely close to ones concept of DAOC2 :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
The Beta is under NDA.
Plenty of info on the game. Agree, the game is not done, and you can not judge the quality of the finished product yet. However there is lots of material for you to form an opinion on already :)

Yes but as you have seen (asuming you are in it) they change major things if they arent liked so in reality it may end up being nothing like the final release thus not a good idea to make a decision about it at the mo
And we dont have the high res textures yet to keep download sizes low so we have no idea what it will look like maxed out

edit: and yes, if you are expecting daoc2 you will be dissapointed its closer to wow than daoc in a good way

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Bear in mind that Mythic itself already stated again and again that WAR is not remotely close to ones concept of DAOC2 :)

Hence no mention at all of DAoC2....
But because you are not making a sequel does not mean, that you discard all the knowledge you gained from your previous game.
Svartalf posted a great picture to illustrate this a while back.
It shows a list of points, that DAoC had, that WAR should avoid;

Downtime, bad. Playing, good.
NO invicible or invincible warriors
Interruption, bad. Slow down, ok.
etc.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie

...then they added towers and keeps to the open-world battlefields, due to feedback.

DAoC got the best PvP-Concept of the MMO's, they'd be dumb to ignore that.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Hence no mention at all of DAoC2....
But because you are not making a sequel does not mean, that you discard all the knowledge you gained from your previous game.
Svartalf posted a great picture to illustrate this a while back.
It shows a list of points, that DAoC had, that WAR should avoid;

Downtime, bad. Playing, good.
NO invicible or invincible warriors
Interruption, bad. Slow down, ok.
etc.

If I didnt have to accept the NDA everytime i log in beta....

Ahh how I'd like to engage into a conversation right now....

Must...

..bury

... the feeling...

:)

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Yes but as you have seen (asuming you are in it) they change major things if they arent liked so in reality it may end up being nothing like the final release thus not a good idea to make a decision about it at the mo
And we dont have the high res textures yet to keep download sizes low so we have no idea what it will look like maxed out

Not in the Beta :) i prefer the feeling of being a complete noob the first week ;)

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
If I didnt have to accept the NDA everytime i log in beta....

Ahh how I'd like to engage into a conversation right now....

Must...

..bury

... the feeling...

:)

Then how about you go beta TEST, instead of making a pointless comment, then going "oops, i'm in the beta. Can't talk. *hihi*" :)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Then how about you go beta TEST, instead of making a pointless comment, then going "oops, i'm in the beta. Can't talk. *hihi*" :)

Its not pointless, its one of the few truths were allowed to say. Sorry if i realized after posting my 1st reply.

Yet again, can't test atm due to NDA reasons :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I didnt mind the down time in DAOC after dying, it beat the hell out of people not caring if they died or not because within 20 seconds they would be back out fighting. This meant that people didnt need to group up anymore and could just run out solo and leech :p

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Its not pointless, its one of the few truths were allowed to say. Sorry if i realized after posting my 1st reply.

Yet again, can't test atm due to NDA reasons :)

It was pointless. No one claimed they were making DAoC2.
But they themselfs have said, numerous times. That they utilize all the knowledge they gained from having made, and run DAoC.

You took a true statement, twisted it into something else. And then said you can't talk about it because you are in the beta. I can't see how that was NOT pointless.
It's all good that you uphold the NDA, but there was no reason for the NDA to become an issue.

(ps; you are not allowed to say you can't test atm :p) if the servers are down, we should not even get a hint :p. Put up the standard; There is a beta. Yes, i am in it.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
It was pointless. No one claimed they were making DAoC2.
But they themselfs have said, numerous times. That they utilize all the knowledge they gained from having made, and run DAoC.

You took a true statement, twisted it into something else. And then said you can't talk about it because you are in the beta. I can't see how that was NOT pointless.
It's all good that you uphold the NDA, but there was no reason for the NDA to become an issue.

(ps; you are not allowed to say you can't test atm :p) if the servers are down, we should not even get a hint :p. Put up the standard; There is a beta. Yes, i am in it.

I didnt twisted it into something. I just said that Mythic itself stated that WAR isnt DAOC2, so i was just stressing this point to the ppl who might be looking in that direction.

Might be pointless for ppl in beta, but not that missinformative for the rest who know nothing.

PS: From a legal point of view I said naught :)

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
I didnt twisted it into something. I just said that Mythic itself stated that WAR isnt DAOC2, so i was just stressing this point to the ppl who might be looking in that direction.

You started out quoting me, which obviously means it was a reply to what i said. You then go on to say; "Bear in mind that Mythic itself already stated again and again that WAR is not remotely close to ones concept of DAOC2 :)"

Which had nothing, nothing at all to do with what had been posted.
I then go procceed down the line of explaining that no one mentioned DAoC2. But it's obvious that they have learned from DAoC. To which you go "i'm in the beta, would really like to talk about it but i can't." It's actually double pointless in that respect. One, the DAoC2 comment was totally besides the point. Two, you can't even discuss your arguments due to the NDA. (Which again is fine that you uphold.) But there is no point in entering a discussion on WAR, if you know you can't add to it because of the NDA.

If you just decided to throw out the DAoC2 comment at random. Fine, but remember that quoting someone means that what you post have some relation to that particular post. And that can make all the difference in a comment like that, imho.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
If you just decided to throw out the DAoC2 comment at random. Fine, but remember that quoting someone means that what you post have some relation to that particular post. And that can make all the difference in a comment like that, imho.

If you just decided to throw out the DAoC2 comment at random. That's all good. But remember that quoting someone means that what you post have some relation to that particular post. And that can make all the difference in a comment like that, imho. I just don't like being being "corrected" when i'm not wrong.
Go quote Vlad instead, he is more random than me :p

That is what i changed it to!
I hate that 10 min limit :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Warhammer is an RvR game. The PvP in WoW is useless. The game was fun for the time it took me to l*snip* on and on about WoW comming up with every idea in the MMO genre. Until the point where i just want to fucking stab them!
/rant off

Seeing as i mentioned WAr theft in my post, i think i can answer this.

I meant that WAR is basically a WoW copy, due to the UI and other aspects being almost identical. Ofcourse, wow wasn't first and won't be last, but it's damn good example of a MMO. It is VERY possible a game steals from WoW, like WAR, even if the basic principles are the same as in Guildwars or some other older game.

But most importantly, WoW is fun, which, brings me to PVP side of WoW. It's fun. It's like, the...heck...team fortress of MMOs in regards to PVP. Fun.

If you find it to be boring after 60-70, then it's not one for you and don't have to play it ofcourse, but i personally can't stand the fab, yes it's a fab, of bashing one of the best working and most succesful MMOs of all times.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
and WoW is a daoc Copy. Daoc is a EQ copy, and EQ is a UO copy.

We could go on like this for ages. This is also the reason why I dont play mmo's nowadays. They're all to similiar, with minor twists. AoC is hopefully going to change that.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
and WoW is a daoc Copy. Daoc is a EQ copy, and EQ is a UO copy.

We could go on like this for ages. This is also the reason why I dont play mmo's nowadays. They're all to similiar, with minor twists. AoC is hopefully going to change that.

Doubtful :D

But as said, i didn't mean WAr is WoW copy exact. Just some parts seem like real rip-offs.

Hell, like, putting veyrons headlights into a porsche and saying it's ok 'cause lamps have existed before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom