Warhammer Online gameplay vids from E3

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Difference between wow and warhammer.

When wow was about to be released, all people in all games talked about it

Now warhammer is getting ready (i know still lon way to go to 2007) but people in guildwars / wow (most of em) haven't even heard of it..
Mythic needs more advertisement at the bigger sites? ie IGN?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
People seem to miss the fucking point here. Yes we know warhammer was way before warcraft. But the point is, mythic has made their vision of warhammer online look like world of warcraft. If you see the E3 vids for the moment it is a striking resemblance between WoW and WO. UI, graphics, sounds, the way damage and parrys etc are displayed.
Different shit, same wrapper.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:

In short:

- Collision detection,
- 4 classes (fighter, healer caster, damage caster, shooter) But no dedicated support class or dedicated finger wiggler ALL will be combat orientated.
- No levels, but "tiers". You can chose what abilities you get first
- Character advancement through pve, rvr or a little of both. In theory you would never have to pve just rvr to max your character or the other way around.

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds good to me. Im still going to give it a go and see if i like it. All these goodies are justing making me want to play it a bit more. I just hope that nearer the time of release mythic start advertising more in order to draw a larger community.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
The focus of the game makes it so you'll primarily be working with people of the same race, right?

Primarily, but by no means exclusively. Dwarfs, humans and High Elfs can all work together as they see fit. Ditto with orcs, Dark Elfs and Chaos warriors

(X REALMING!! REPORT TO RIGHT NOW!!(other known as 'the wall' as in talking to a wall, you get the same response:p)

ps frodo is joining wow2online? i mean warhammeronline xD

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Chimaira said:
Im not as old to be around when Warhammer was new n such. but I was also painting my figurines when I was young.
1983 it said in the video didnt it? my year of birth. means its atleast 23 years old. Doubt wow was around by that

And sure its similar to WoW in some ways

but compare this Goblin to the "Booty Bay Bruiser" npcs in WoW and tell me what looks best

gob_ss_03.jpg

lol is that joor on that stick?xD

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
So far i have not read a single thing that i dont like about Warhammer, which is pretty rare :) Usually there are things you dont agree with the developers on but Mythic seems to be spot with WAR on up until now. Remains to be seen how it turns out ofc, and there isnt alot of specifics yet, but it sounds very promising.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Actually i was at E3 this year and since i whined enough i was allowed to enter the Mythic Booth and play some Warhammer. I played both PvE and PvP. The PvE is improved from Daoc and the quest system reminded me alot of Wow. One cool thing is that you have a sort of a journal that updates every time you kill a new monster. Then you can check the journal for info on those monsters with some nice artwork and stats about them. The game ran pretty smooth, Nice controls, great graphics. I tried some PvP as well in a small closed area. No player collision so far but the Mythic guy there said they would implement it later on. I played some sort of tank class and the morale system was very nice. I had some full heal ability on my tank which made me somewhat overpowered though but this system was far from complete. This PvP area was mostly about taking control of a big Rune Stone in the middle. They would develop the PvP goals alot more apparently. And the most interesting part is that Mythic told me every area in the game will have a PvP zone. For example an Island in the middle of the map. This will replace just one big zone dedictaed to pvp (Frontiers in Daoc). So in other words PvP will never be far.
The impression i got was very good. I think this game will be alot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom